Fake "Game Master"

https://i.imgur.com/RWopKNP.png

WTF is that :open_mouth: I received this whisp message on 3 of my characters today.

Should I report this guy for “Spamming” or “Cheating”?
Maybe he trying to steal some accounts?

This has been a thing since i started wow in legion

I just always whisper ‘‘Then why can i whisper you back?’’ or ‘‘why do you play on a [insert class they send it on]’’

1 Like

Ahaaa, one of those. Yeah report, don’t do anything they say. Can be quite fun to do a little trolling.

8 Likes

Im a bad person :joy:

1 Like

Oh they are back,haven’t seen those quite some time .Do not go on those website !and feel free to be creative with reply whisper :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I’ve had those before now, although not for a while. Usually you can spot them from the poor spelling kinda like that Nigerian prince who keeps trying to give me money :rofl:

Just report it and if you can’t send the unedited screenshot to the hacks email because they are, sadly, trying to steal account info for passwords.

This takes me back.

The very first forum post I made was asking about one of these. I knew it was a scam immediately, but I was shocked that someone would try to phish in a video game. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Sigh, these guys always show up with names like Blizzgm, because as we all know, all game masters have “Bliz” in their name x)

If i remember correctly when actual Gm whisper you ,a chat will be in pop up window ?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s never in the usual chat window. And not pink. And they spell better.

strokes my white beard yeah…i remember vaguely…centuries ago when i received actual personal support from a blizzard employee a separate chat window popped up in game within 1-3h instead of a week. :older_woman:

2 Likes

I usually troll nigeria scammers who sais im gonna inherit some rich relative in Africa allthough i live in Scandinavia to the point i tell them i have alot of cash on my account and im gonna give them my account, my bank id, my personal number my everything. And then i go “FUK U TARD” and they get really angry.

fun every time.

1 Like

I remember these from Wrath, Badboy stops them.

In my experience, even replying to these gets you hacked.

Happened to me at the end of vanilla where I replied smugly.

The next day I found the account to be hijacked.

Hey folks,

As some have said, this is some of what happens to your account when it get hacked. They use it to spam others to try and phish them through the website they link. Vicious circle.

Always report the whisper when you get one please. It helps us get accounts back to their owners. Reports can add up quickly before our security systems notices them.

Game Master chat ingame is in it’s own separate window and have a blue Blizzard icon beside the Game Master’s name. Most importantly and my favourite way of explaining it; if we thought you were up to no good, we wouldn’t threaten you, we would just kick you offline. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

There was time when I was getting fake GM whispers all the time (maybe around MoP) but these days it’s really rare :slight_smile:

The things that go through my mind which i can not say .

Oh go on we won’t judge you. Well I won’t. Strokes sloth

2 Likes

You know why Blizzard implemented thie in-game Blizzard tag ? On old times it was just <GM> or something similar and so the cheaters popped up. There were so many of them. And so this is how Blizzard added the tag…

Other than this I report them as ‘cheaters’, although GM impersonation should be separate report tag by now.

This has been a thing since i started wow back in 2006. :joy:

1 Like