More Flexibility with Essences

We’ve just made a significant update to the new Echoes of Ny’alotha system, with the goal of making Essences much more available to your characters whose specializations put them in different roles (tanking, healing, damage).

With this change, we’ve lifted the restrictions on acquiring role-specific Azerite Essences from MOTHER. Now, the various ways that you obtain Rank 3 tanking, healing, or damage-specific Essences are now grouped together. If you’ve earned any of the three Essences in these groups, all three of the Essences will be unlocked for purchase from MOTHER with Echoes of Ny’alotha:

• Spark of Inspiration, Unwavering Ward, Strength of the Warden (obtained from Horrific Visions)
  • Touch of the Everlasting, Spirit of Preservation, Breath of the Dying (obtained from reputation with Rajani)
  • Blood of the Enemy, Artifice of Time, Sphere of Suppression (obtained from Battlegrounds)
  • Condensed Life Force, Vitality Conduit, Azeroth’s Undying Gift (obtained from raiding in The Eternal Palace)
  • Essence of the Focusing Iris, Life-Binder’s Invocation, Anima of Life and Death (obtained from Mythic Keystone dungeons)

As a reminder, this was already the case with Purification Protocol, Nullifcation Dynamo, and Well of Existence (the Rustbolt Resistance Essences) as well as The Ever-Rising Tide, Aegis of the Deep, and The Unbound Force (the Nazjatar Essences).

A side-effect of this change is that even a single character now has a way to obtain these off-role Essences, and can either use Echoes to purchase them from MOTHER or use the original means of acquisition. That means that your Priest who raided Azshara in Shadow-spec and got Condensed Life-Force up to Rank 3 is now able to obtain Vitality Conduit from MOTHER for a Holy-spec healing boost.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this!

9 Likes

make conflict and strife ranks quicker/easier to obtain

2 Likes

For an increased price, could alts also buy rank4 essences?

1 Like

8 Months too late people are gone and are NOT coming back. :wink:

9 Likes

So what’s the excuse for not making all essences available regardless of previous status now? Just let us get them easily from the new grind.

4 Likes

8 months. As the undead mage said “People are gone”.

3 Likes

This is good that you have ackowledged a blunder you made, however it does not make essences easier to get in general though. The cost is far too high. I am out here farming on this guy and have gotten 552 echos so far. There isn’t really a feasable way of getting past 300 echos for the rest of the week, so wouldnt even clear 2 essences in one week at 435. My ilvl is a bit low for all these high keys, so wont get much echos.

Change the amount you get.

4 Likes

The hero we need.

3 Likes

A welcome sight.

Much love :heart: will enjoy purchasing the rank 3 tanking essences!

like most systems in BfA its meant to passively give you them over the course of next 1-2 months. all you have to be is patient and subbed.

its not a subtle way but it works.

Idk what you’re really doing but I’ve collected over 2000 of these new currency this week and it’s only Saturday. Bought 1 and got another 1600 banked right now by just doing visions and the weekly assaults/emissary and some pvp <10 games at 1400-1600 rating

Some ppl barely find the motivation to do limited ammount of grind.
For example myself, if i were to do al lthere is to do daily id quit the game in 1 week due to burnout, so i try to take it as easy as posibile but stil lremain relevant, in that way with the new currency i wont get the ammount u did.
U gotta understand that some ppl are on the verge of quitting and only friends and x factor keeps them in, a more simple way of having the essences aka account bound could have been a lifesaver for alot of ppl in my situation.

And would have brought something new to the mix, aka complete freedom of playng alts

IMO.

1 Like

Be patient, stay subbed and do braindead content until you puke.

2 Likes

How did you collect them at 110?

Also, some of us started playing alts on reset day, so nothing banked, and also I am low ilvl so aint getting into mythics, and as we all know by now, pvp is a no go until you have decent ilvl from PvE with corruptions, good traits and essences… As for visions, its 50 a pop, my cloak is 6 now with a possibility of getting 1 more runs in before I wait till next week. So yh I am calling complete and utter excrement from you.

It’s already is ez if you play arena
If you feel that cause it’s your bis You are entitled to it pls don’t bother telling me :sunglasses:

Its not easy mate. How many times will that need to be said. This new system is only slightly better than the original. Not everyones alts is at 445-450 ilvl with various rank 2 essences and even some rank 3s. Not everyones alt is in an active guild to leech off those sweet raids and mythic+ runs, instead a lot of us are slumming it out in group finder getting rejected. Not everyone banked their horrific visions runs because they hadn’t played their alt since 8.2.

So i’m sure you can see that while it may have been an ok change for those of you that were actively playing an alt prior, for a lot of folks this was a big let down for them, as they were looking to play an alt they actually enjoyed but shelved because they were too invested in their mains, and the essence requirements wetre just too much to bother with.

3 Likes

So give it some patience and invest in the character that you shelved then. Send over some of those boa gear tokens and you should get easy 410 if you played your main. My bank is literally swimming in those gear upgrades.

Do a few WQs and then hit mythic 0 for 430 gear. Voila you’re now ready for m+ on a low level. Stop complaining and use your own key and make a low group and play with other people that is on the same journey as you.

In the meantime unlock your cloak, do the starter chain to upgrade it. I think you can do 3-4 runs the first week or so (?)

Turn on war mode and collect 400+ of the currency per wq which ranges from 3-4 so 1.2k x 2 or 1.6k x2 that’s literally 1/3rd of a vessel per day. So 2 extra vessels on top of the 1,5 you get from the invasions. So you can get cloak 5-6 first week and then start doing full clears once you hit 7-8. I did full clears on my hunter with cloak 3 or 4. Upgrade the tree for more dmg and unlock chests in the visions and voila.

I think full vision clear is 250(?) so next week you do 4x full vision clears for 1k essence, collect mythic weekly box, collect vision weekly. Emissary.

Stop bullsh*tting that it takes too much time, you’re just spoon fed and crying about investing in your alts.

Oh yeah, buy the best major and a good minor for the currency you get while doing cloak intro + first time clearing invasions. You won’t have all 4 slots unlocked anyway.

Information is available on the internet, google is your friend.

1 Like

You saying that people should spend gran total few hours to catch up with their alts. THE HORROR :open_mouth:
It seems some people wants "mirror mode " whatever you get on main automatically is generated and sent for all alts as-well :rofl: :joy:

ye im sure that those 430 people with cloak rank 5 and just +10% dmg talent in tree will be instantly farming whole vission .

i sometimes wonder on which planet do you people live on.