Impressive Influence buff correction needed

yes they do.

Itā€™s an increase on the base value so you canā€™t just add the two % values together, I explained the math in my first post. If you donā€™t understand that then please never ever do anything that involves numbers.

Itā€™s 100% of the base (1500) plus 10% of the base (150).

The base value remains constant.

1 Like

sorry but i do a lot of things that involve numbers, and this is elementary school math.
you seem to not understand the associative property.
100%of the base (1500) + 10% of the base (150) is equal to 110% of the base (1650).
we are doing the same math, but written in a differnet way, it should not be a surprise as we get the same result, 3150XP total after the bonusā€™.
unless you did not understand the language, but i will not tell you to avoid doing anything that involves language because Iā€™m a polite person.

3 Likes

Your apology isnā€™t needed. I do however apologies for misunderstanding your post as I read it as you where agreeing with the OPā€™s maths where he wanted 10% of the extra 100% on top of the 10% of the base value.

2 Likes

no worries, misunderstandings can happen :slight_smile:
i still want to apologize for implying you were not a polite person btwā€¦

The numbers for this are working correctly.

The Reputation increase will only work for Legion and BFA factions that support Paragoning, with the exception of Rajani and Uldum Accord.

Hope that clears it up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should fix this bug so those reps are included as well.

9 Likes

You got 10% bonus in the past, now you get 110% bonus.

It says ā€œ100% bonusā€ on the label, not ā€œdouble bonusā€.

Why should it interact?

Too awesome for some achievements.
Itā€™s no ā€œInsane in the Membraneā€ achievement for me and you this timeā€¦

Thatā€™s not a bug, itā€™s a design choice.

I would like to have these two reps the Pandaria treatment: When you reached ā€˜reveredā€™, you could buy an item that gives you double rep for this faction on all chars.

A bad and illogical one. Those reps are by far the worst ones to do.

3 Likes

I would like to have all the reputations to have that, I was not around for pandaland but when I went through it in Legion I was really baffled why they would abandon that system. It is great for altā€™ing.

1 Like

It applies properly with the human racial. Percentages are additive, not multiplicative. Only the base amount is taken for calculations, then all the bonus reps stack on top of each other.

Itā€™s not a bug, itā€™s purposely done this way so you spend more time inGame.

These buffs are always additive not multiplicative.
So itā€™s:
Base-rep + 100% + 10%
instead of:
Base-rep * (1+100%) * (1+10%)

Nearly
Base-rep + (100% + 10%)

Maths, not Math

weā€™re not savages

I completely agree.

Considering that this is how literally any other percentage bonus works in the game, I really donā€™t see, how this is anything else than a troll.

1 Like

The event is double Legion and BfA rep, not double all rep gains.

The brackets are not needed as summation is order insensitive. A + B + C will always equal A + (B + C)