Character pronouns

you posted wikipedia article and wikipedia is not a valid source.

1 Like

Normally singular ‘they’ is used when the gender of the person you are referring to is unknown or irrelevant. In my case, I ask people to use the singular ‘they’ because ‘he/him or ‘she/her’ pronouns don’t fit me

Sorry :smiley:

It looks edited to reflect the newest trends. There was no such a thing as “nonbinary” many years ago.
I didn’t have it in school or English courses if it would be the case they would mention it under basic education. I am aware that many colleges in Western world are pushing it. Few months ago people wanted to be referred with different terms like “Zir, Zer,” or some other made-up term.

https://youtu.be/SiijS_9hPkM?t=150

So forgive me for being suspicious of it. Before this discussion will escalate to the exchange of opinions over RL politics and convictions, I’m fine with being labeled as “wrong” then.

1 Like

Thank you very much for sharing Sho!

I don’t have any insight as to whether or not this was intentional as I am not involved with development, but I can tell you that if our games bring even the smallest of smiles, we’re being successful. Your heartfelt message means the world to us. Thank you :hugs:

I’ve cleaned up a little of the conversation that moved away from the positive theme of the topic, and I’d like to remind everyone that we at Blizzard foster an inclusive environment. We’d like you all to keep this in mind when considering replying. Positivity first.

15 Likes

Apologies to whoever took/takes offence to my comment, it was not my intentions.

Also more on topic, I think pronouns that are ambiguous are becoming more common as we move in to the future, here in the UK I believe it is emphasized on more and more in the education system and it makes sense - being human is our mutual struggle and regardless of gender we are all in this together, much like the whole of Azeroth when it comes to huge life threatening events!

Champion!

I’m positively surprised people care for real life pronouns in a fantasy game, feels like dragging that baggage around just positively holds you back from enjoying the game.

I’m also super positively amazed how yet again posts get flagged even though they’re not offensive. Maybe I’m just too positive that these things positively surprise me.

But whatever makes you happy right? Stay positive everyone :wink:

9 Likes

Blizzard simply uses they/them in voiced lines because that way they don’t need to record lines twice for him and her.

1 Like

Blizzard said LGBT rights and you love to see it

3 Likes

On one hand I get you, OP and this is nice. I’m a man, but when I play a girl it kinda irks me when she’s not referred to as ‘she’, but ‘them’. It feels impersonal. I get why Blizz does that, especially in voice-acted lines, but then some other times she is referred to directly as a woman, or girl in text. One more reason I prefer the horde is that you get way more variety in them. The Alliance only has girly girls in it, but the horde has those, as well as orc and troll women. It IS kinda sad that there’s no beard customization for female dwarves.

A shame that this game was leaked into the masses :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I rather not be called ‘they’ as in psychological sciences - “they” and 'them" refers to multiple personalities. And I am “me” singular. might be a cultural thing, but calling “us” or “them” etc is seen offensive.

3 Likes

Tbh 90٪ npcs call you champion, your name, saviour or something like that in current content. And i hate it.

But glad you got something from it. Almost certain it was not intentionally done for non-binarys tho. Edit, misread, thought you said it felt intentionally done

1 Like

I genuinely believe orc women would sooner kill anyone than be friendly in any way. They are like the angriest race / gender combo in the game

Made up pronouns shouldn’t be forced in to politics or on others. Sadly politicians and companies are scared of the angry Twitter mobs.

If you want to feel as something different , that’s okay. But don’t push your agenda / religion / politics on to other people / companies.

14 Likes

My post got flagged super fast, wasn’t surprised. But also very fast unflagged by the staff, which was very positively surprising.

7 Likes

They are called neopronouns. Just like with your name, it’s how you want people to refer to you, I see no problem with that. Just to point it out, gender and pronouns are not a 1 on 1 relation.

I’m calling you Ixyion because that’s your name, I don’t call you Foobar because it’s easier for me to refer to you, the same goes for pronouns.

1 Like

Come on dude, this is not very nice in 2020. You should be better.