Censorship on forums

Constructive feedback is ignored for years. We written A4 pages during BfA alpha so you closed this forum section because there was too much critique. That’s what constructive critique is worth to Blizzard… What a joke company. You silenced Blitzchung but you didn’t these who made 1st May parade.

8 Likes

calling someone a loser may be the answer you know?

4 Likes

What would be great would be if, when you get a silence, you could be informed of the reason why, ideally with the relevant post/posts linked. From things others have said, this used to happen but doesn’t anymore, which leads people to be unsure of why they received a ban. Some people are convinced they are being targeted by specific groups/individuals and I believe that being given an explanation for the silence would help to dispel this notion - and would reduce the number of tickets being made to find out why!

17 Likes

God forbid you should have to wait a few hours!

In that time you could calm down and then give your argument rationally! The horror :scream:!

4 Likes

Heey, complaining about the game is not fun if we don’t use statements like;

“The game is HORRIBLE! I QUIT”

“FIRE THE DEVSS OPEN FIREEE”

Constructive criticism is boring, look ;

" I would be glad if they nerfed Gushing Wounds a little bit, PvP is in a bad state because of corruption superiorities like this"

“CORRUPTIONS ARE TERRIBLE! GG DEVS, PLAY YOUR OWN GAME NOW”.

5 Likes

That is indeed a good idea, and you’re entirely correct on the effect that’d have. You should receive this information with the silence, if this didn’t occur for you, that’s rather odd as it’s added automatically. I’ll look into it, thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Praise Rejuvithorn for non generic answer! (not a sarcasm actually).

9 Likes

I got a silence the other day (only a 4 hour one) that had no reason given. I deleted the post I think it was, and filed a ticket asking for clarification. Would not be world-ending to not know as I have a good idea, but would be nice to know for certain.

2 Likes

Plus it helps you to know what to avoid in future. Given that many hereare non-native speakers, there have been cases where people used terms that they didn’t even know were offensive just because they’d seen others use those words and thought they meant something else.

9 Likes

I have a good idea what it was (I should never mention Boris on here for my own sake), but I’d like to know if it was me being political or the “elbow-deep” metaphor.

Well lucky you. I got muted because I was defending Blizzard against a known streamer.

I appealed and appealed just to know what did I say exactly that warranted this silence.

No answers. Mostly they will tell me to wait for the period to finish. After that treatment I never even bothered about defending Blizzard, in fact I used to buy services so much but now much less than before.

So my advice, don’t bother yourself about it.

5 Likes

Not on most forums. There’s the freedom “of the rules and conditions you probably don’t read but click “I Accept” on anyway” which is a very different thing.

13 Likes

Are the codes of conduct so hard for people to understand?

You can praise or criticise if you want to, as long as you make your posts polite and constructive. I still say that silences/bans happen for a reason, re-read the posts that caused it and maybe see where you could/should have worded differently.

12 Likes

:man_facepalming:
And then you wonder why they mute/silence some players.

7 Likes

I think was the metaphor. I’ve used some choice language whn being political here and not been slapped, but i’ve never quite gone into the territory of elbow metaphors!

1 Like

There is always a reason but they are sometimes stupid reasons, bans are not always deserved.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought, but I could be surprised!

First world problems…

Somebody called ion a loser. Life changing offensive humiliating word. Lets ban everyone…

4 Likes

If posts are flagged for no reason, it is my understanding that a moderator will review and no ban or silence will be given in this case. So if I am wrong in this then I will apologise, but if it is reviewed and a ban/silence given, then I say it was deserved and people should re-read the posts they made and see why.

3 Likes

Odd, we’re looking into the reason attachment on silences :slight_smile:

I make no comment on the action itself, nor do I want this thread to turn into “Rejuvithorn Reviews,” but you were silenced for masking swearwords with numbers to bypass the swear filter.

Forum appeals can be submitted here:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/battlenet/665/1032/solution

Forum Code of Coduct:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/battlenet/665/1032/solution

13 Likes