Appreciation of da trolls

Da trolls of Warcraft be great. We be lookin’ cool, we can be all de classes and we certainly be havin’ mohawks better dan anymon else.

What be de things ya be likin’ most about da trolls?

12 Likes

Not de brutosaurs, they are always being spooked and sent into a panic.

9 Likes

Don’t look now guys but I have a feeling he’s a spy. I can’t quite put my finger on why… :thinking:

32 Likes

Trolls be flippin’ out mon!

3 Likes

I like trolls for their accent and their approach, everything is “chill out mon’” :smiley: they idle pose is just cool hahaha, i also love their crafting animation, like troll wants, troll do :smiley:

1 Like

Vol’jin returns as a ghost, first thing he says is “Hey mon.:smile:

3 Likes

Well, he IS a troll, but not that kind of troll

1 Like

Trolls are one of the most creative races blizzard made for this franchise. You won’t find anything similar in other games. But at the same time treats them like some bastard children, the narrative for them was always artrocious and even completely backwards at times. But Ironically it makes me feel for them more. Against all odds, against the writing which pictures them in the wrong even if they’re only defending themselves, they’re amazing creation. Azeroth would be another generic fantasy world if it wouldn’t be for them.

13 Likes

Some of the best VA/dialogue in warcraft hsitory is why, owing to their jamaican/african roots with injected flair. Some of my favourites (you need to look up the sound files themselves to do them justice…)

WC3- Shadow Hunter
“Wan’ ta see somting reeeeeal scary?”
“Wayer our enemies be hidin?”
“I’ve lost me head! It wa’ about yay big an’ I keep it on de end of me spear, if ya see it let me know…”

WC3 - Rokhan
“Don’t worry. Be happy!”
“I’ve got dis righteous groove…”

WC3 - Witch Doctor
“Someone call fa de doctor?”

WC3 - Batrrider
“Fire it up mon!”

WoW Male Troll
“Das too far aweh’”
“I canno do dat yet”
“Das outta range”
“Dat abili-tae is not redday yet.”

I love it, I love all of it.

3 Likes

I need straight posture for DS Troll, until them I will play ZT Troll. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This ain’t no troll !

No mercy nor respite Brothers !

1 Like

Trolls are one of my favourite races in game.

1 Like

Obviously my character is OK with Trolls, apart from Amani, who are just backwards savages who deserved to have their lands taken from them.

coughs

Warcraft’s Trolls really are well thought out and designed, and they are interesting in a couple of ways.

Firstly, they look nothing like any contemporary or real world mythological depiction of Trolls. They are absolutely unique in their appearance to Blizzard. No nation on earth with Troll legends (Which is quite a few, not just Scandinavia) has ever imagined them anything like Warcraft’s trolls. Sometimes Blizzard gets it spot on right. Elves being selfish and siding with the monsters, Goblins being cunning manipulators, not weak 1 hit per monsters to be bashed about, Trolls is definitely another example, with such a rich background and defined cultural ethos. They absolutely nailed the idea of an ancient empire that splintered, and now is clinging on, as the world changes around them, and in some cases fall to hubris or enemies, and in some, endure, and in others adapt.

I like how you can tell the difference between the tribes, not just by nameplates, or the models, but by the look of their zones, even the voices. I like that Darkspear sound much more Caribbean, whereas Zandalari sound more Central African, and the differences in their architecture are notable also.

They really have just been excellently conceptualised and implemented.

2 Likes

I am an NPC, and I am convinced until a dog comes by. When it does, I will chase OP relentlessly in a straight line.

Until a certain distance - then I’ll remember I’m a panda so I don’t care anyhow.

Anyone know where they took the beanbuns btw?

1 Like

One of the best cinematic - if you don’t agree I am gonna bury you alive :wink:

2 Likes

Love the trolls just for how fully-fleshed out they are. For quite a lot of races barring Orcs and murlocs they largely just go with the stereotypes, but trolls seem to really be something unique.

They’re so good they need good storylines. Just sayin’

Spirits be witcha mon.

2 Likes

The Everquest (2) trolls are actually rather similar to the Warcraft ones, appearance-wise.

Are they? Oh, I stand corrected then, never seen Everquest.

How is this better than the whole of bfa?!

Ngl for a BC cinematic Zul aman was awesome.