Corrupting Your Season 4 Crafted Items

We intend to soon deploy a hotfix that will make Season 4 crafted items corruptable using the new Contaminants. This will not change how they initially drop (they still won’t be initially Corrupted), but they’ll now be valid targets for the Preserved Contaminant.

This will, of course, exclude items that cannot ever be Corrupted, such as engineering goggles (Azerite) or alchemist stones (trinkets).

We’re still working on the issue of items that were cleansed prior to this new system. We’ll update you further on that in the next couple of days.

5 Likes

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO, thanks a million.

I was super bummed that my BS belt was just sitting there looking stupid T.T

Not sure why Blizz deserve a million thanks for fixing something that should never have entered the game in such a broken state.

This whole thing has been a fiasco.

10 Likes

Hello Kaivax, I am glad for corrupteds becoming more consistent to enjoy, I was wondering - does this mean we will be able to corrupt BoEs or they will become BoP? Might be a nice bit of coin :wink:

Will we be able to corrupt fishing rods with infinite stars? That would be awesome.

1 Like

Thanks for fixing this. Was rather frustrating when it didn’t work yesterday.

:sob:

So, useless to me. :weary:

Can you please look into this bug?

You can’t socket an item after upgrading it with a Warlord’s Trophy, and the same thing could happen with corruptions.

2 Likes

Implement something unacceptable - > fix it after few months > people are grateful > profit.

Exactly, it is an eight week effort! Then after you put the trophy on an item, you see that you can’t socket nor corrupt it.

Please fix this. Especially because there is no indication that it would behave like that.

Still waiting on this part.

1 Like

You have to stop to change stuff like this multiple times per patch. You are scratching the bottom of game development

1 Like

Don’t you see?

“Blizz sux” “WTF” “This company is ruining this game” suddenly became “Blizz thanks for adding corruptions to vendor!”

1 Like

You can’t please 100% of playerbase with anything, there are people who are in love with corruption system as well as people who totally hate it, it’s rant about small change, not whole idea of making corruptions buyable from Mother.

1 Like

I get that Blizzard did a good thing and a lot of people are happy, I’m just making fun of the vocal minority who get mad over anything.
The people happy about the system are too busy actually using it right now.

Haha i’m not mad, i never think of myself as someone who wants to reach highest gear possible, i’m too old for this rat race which ends at some point and you have nothing more to do :smiley: Vocal minority is disgusted because Blizzard can never give what people want, they always have to break even best ideas to look worse.

1 Like

Same problem for me, already opened a ticket.

Please fix it! Crafted can be corrupted, optained elite gear can’t be socketed and corrupted?

No those are the only people that are left, except the “vocal minority” because they actually realise the game was fun when it was competitive and was an actual MMO, not just a hamster wheel simulator. No hate we probably just have varying opinons.

No people are just mad, because it is becoming a theme with Blizz where they release something so repetitive and slowed down that you have to put in hours of time to then actually start playing the part of the game you enjoy. Only for them to do a complete 180 3 months down the line when engagement numbers start dropping. Its disrespectful to players. No wonder the game only has 10-15% of the subs it had back in 2010, but i guess the 10% with their credit cards are more important.

1 Like

I agree with you, even half-blind men can see that quality of Blizzard services are worse and worse than before for the same price, and i’m not talking about game graphics etc., I’m talking about difference between what we want and what we get.

1 Like