"Shadows Rising novel makes one of the most popular fan pairings canon," according to BlizzardWatch. (Spoilers, obviously)

It’s not my favorite ship but mostly because there wasn’t that much interaction between the two in the game.
I’m more of person what needs at least some more “Well hello there~” interaction between characters before I start shipping them. :smile:

But I look forward to the book, so far sounds pretty interesting.

So a gay couple is not a normal couple? Be careful with your words.

Alas, I do agree that this couple in particular seems a bit forced. I thought Shaw was interested in Valeera and Flynn seemed interested in Taelia indeed. But well, perhaps we’ll get an explanation. There was some chemistry i guess.

2 Likes

I’ll be honest. I don’t like it at all. Fans should never be involved in the creative process like this. Keep that crap on Tumblr.

1 Like

With emphasis on we have to.

1 Like

I’d like to point out to you that Blizzard is marketing their games in Eastern Europe, Russia and China. In these areas (actually, I’m Eastern European) people may have a different worldview about LGBT issues.

If Blizzard embraces multicultiralism, then they have to embrace our cultures, too :slight_smile:

As for myself - I don’t mind if they put one or two gay couples, if it fits into the lore. So far I’m looking forward to read this book.

3 Likes

Nobody needs to embrace discrimination and criminalization of minorities, not even if some governments in eastern europe and russia do.

5 Likes

That would be awesome!

4 Likes

This is a stupid slippery slope argument.

But hey, this is how the cancel culture works in Western Europe and in the USA, doesn’t it?

1 Like

What’s cancel culture got to do with anything?

I was born in Eastern Europe. And I’m gay.

Homophobia is not a cultural item. Sorry to burst your hatred bubble.

3 Likes

Cancel culture leads to deplatforming and shaming people with a different opinion, like the one of the great fantasy writer J. K. Rowling.

Why do you think I care?

Why do you think I am in a hatred bubble?

3 Likes

Cancel culture is what is happening TO Rowling after modifying the fantasy world to fit in people of colour and sexual minorities.

You either write them like that since the beginning or you just leave it as it is, and I agree JK Rowling should’ve left the sexual orientations out if she wasn’t bothered to include them in the first place.

And what does that have to do with this thread? J.K. Rowling said something that hurt many of her fans, now she has to live with the consequences. Simple thing.

Propably because you wrote something about “embracing our cultures” after saying that your culture as well as russia etc. isn’t accepting of LGBTQ+ (i know there can be more letters, but i’m on my smartphone here). That’s discrimination and hatred disguised as cultural differences, nothing else.

I think he’s talking about the current stuff where Rowling tweeted a lot of transphobic stuff, and now many people (including former fans) speak out about it.
I will not buy more stuff from her, but i’ll continue listening to my HP-audiobooks they were a big part of my youth, and what she does now doesn’t change that.

2 Likes

You made it sound like I’m all in for cancel culture as it is in Western Europe and the US. when in fact I’m all against cancel culture, glad we cleared that out.

Yes, it’s good to come to an agreement on this point.

Well to be honest there’s some miscommunication right there, from the way I looked at it, she was more concerned some people, who weren’t interested in being trans, might abuse the transgender community to allow themselves into women’s restrooms. Or that’s how I saw it at least.

That’s an argument used by the far right in some countries as well, but as far as i’m aware there has never been a case of that.

1 Like

J.K. Rowling is entitled to her opinion. From what I know, it’s a knowledgeable and well informed opinion. Facts don’t care about the feelings.

Have you thought it may not be a disguised discrimination and hatred … but just a different opinion? Try to imagine that :slight_smile: The world isn’t black and white.

It’s good to hear that. A great writer remains a great one regardless of what he/she thinks about certain issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s look at russia, homosexuals are haressed, attacked and criminalized. That’s not an oppinion, it’s oppression because of a persons sexuality.
As long as you leave people to do what they want i don’t care what you personally think. But unfortunately most people don’t do that and start to attack and discriminate others just for being different, and that’s just hatred, no oppinion.

7 Likes

I’ve closed this thread due it’s descent into “this country, that country, my culture your culture” name calling.

We encourage feedback and constructive discussion, but please do keep it on topic, constructive, and within the forum code of conduct.