Shop Updates: Appearance Change Service and Battle for Azeroth

Shop Updates: Appearance Change Service and Battle for Azeroth

The Appearance Change Service has retired from the Blizzard Shop and with the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch, Battle for Azeroth will be included with your World of Warcraft subscription.

View Full Article

3 Likes

“will be retiring soon and will no longer be available for purchase in the Blizzard Shop.” Might just be me but almost sounds like you want us to go buy it before is gone.

5 Likes

I appreciate the transgender shout out, free sex changes! Whoohoo

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure they are trying to bait a few people to make changes.

1 Like

Yea it looks like that they are so desperate this time.

First brutosaur and now this what next. lol

It’s just to inform, i can see people with shoutout “No one said it will be removed, and now it’s gone!”

5 Likes

About time. Allow us to race swap too :).

1 Like

No barber nor doctor is that good

How are they trying to “bait” people when in the same sentence they said it’s retiring because it’s getting added to the barber shop for FREE…

If anyone gets baited by that, idk what to tell you…

11 Likes

I don’t understand the reaction either, I mean who in their right mind is going to think ‘oh no I must go spend money on a service that they’ve just announced is going to be free in pre patch’.

12 Likes

Lol exactly. I swear had they not announced it, forum threads will be like this after pre-patch: “I bought Appearance change and Blizz didn’t mention it retiring for Pre-patch?!?!?!”

They can’t win.

8 Likes

I don’t understand how you guys manage to be negative in a post like this. Blizzard is actually removing a payed service and making it free ingame.

Thanks.

12 Likes

Activision bad. Whining good.

1 Like

Now to add a caravan that takes you to new lands that are suspiciously similar to old ones but with different people and have in-game realm changing. And you down a lot of drinks, wake up days later with a hangover and notice you are now opposite faction and say “y’allright I guess I’m this now.”

On note of extra barber shop use, that’s good, but I’m not about to trust a goblin or gnome with my…features. But if others are willing to risk sacrificing their bits to them for a change then all the power to you.

1 Like

Blizzard bot:

Cunning players:

:exploding_head:

5 Likes

Yea that doesnt help much when they do such things on forums where how many comes? 5-10% of actual playerbase? Maybe not even that? Forum folks new that brutosaur is gona be removed months before everyone else that simply plays game.

It’s a news blog, it’s on the forums, it’s also shared on every gaming news site, and it’s on the launcher.

What more do you want?

6 Likes

If this post compels you to buy an appearance change because you didn’t bother reading the entire article it’s entirely your fault for jumping the gun.

People just love to complain about Blizzard breathing in the wrong direction.

5 Likes

Not really.

With the release of the pre-expansion patch, players will be able to seek out a Barber Shop for a variety of character customization options, including the ability to change your character’s gender, hair, facial features, and more.

1 Like

Never used it, but does this mean that race change won’t be available anymore, or it’s a different service?