Item Tuning Adjustments in 9.0.2

We’ve identified a number of items that were disproportionately powerful for their item level, especially going into Shadowlands, where reaching max level should come with new, more powerful items to wear. So we’re making the following adjustments with patch 9.0.2:

• The Heart of Azeroth’s secondary stats have been reduced by 20%.
  • The power of several legacy trinkets has been reduced in all content. The effectiveness of the following trinkets have been reduced by 15%:
    • Dead-Eye Spyglass
    • Harlan’s Loaded Dice
    • Lustrous Golden Plumage
    • Peerless Alchemist Stone
    • Tiny Electromental in a Jar
    • Torment in a Jar
    • Vial of Animated Blood
    • Writhing Segment of Drest’agath
  • The effectiveness of the following trinkets have been reduced by 25%:
    • Azshara’s Font of Power
    • Corrupted Gladiator’s Badge
    • Corrupted Gladiator’s Insignia
    • Galecaller’s Boon
    • Manifesto of Madness
    • Vita-Charged Titanshard
  • The effectiveness of the following trinkets have been reduced by 40%:
    • Ashvane’s Razor Coral
    • Highborne Compendium of Storms

These changes are testable in the Shadowlands Beta over the next week, and again, will be effective in the live game with patch 9.0.2 (Wednesday, 18 November in this region).

2 Likes

Can you do a PvP specific change for the likes of Dresti and the other usual go-to trinkets please, and make it more like 50-75%, similar to the new (thank you!) Shadowlands changes that just got announced?

Also, because I can’t post on US forums, can you look into the cheat death trinkets for Shadowlands? They’re broken in PvP too.

Yo, since you’re doing this, can you actually look at all the trinkets? Some are broken as hell.

17.2k instant heal is absurd on a trinket.

3 Likes

15%?!?

Today a rogue hit me for 12946 with that trinket. In the span of 1.4s the Rogue did 17969 damage to me. That one trinket was 72% of the damage.
15% is just -1941. That makes no difference.

This trinket has been stupid for all of 8.3 but since pre-patch it’s just absurd. I’d have accepted no change at all. Fair enough, pre-patch, who cares.
But to see such a pathetic attempt to balance in the face of the most wacky, spinning plates expansion yet does nothing good for you in my eyes.

1 Like

The drest trinket needs absolutely gutting in pvp. It’s literally a case of stun someone, hit them a bit and kill them with drest.

2 minute lay on hands. What could go wrong?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/adjustments-to-shadowlands-trinkets/722530

They actually nerfed overpowered PvE trinkets in PvP, I guess there is still hope.

We still have to get PvE gear from mythic+ and raids to PvP but at least we won’t get rekt by overpowered PvE trinkets.

Interesting, yea, interesting, they fixed something about PvP. :thinking:

Do you have so many free people that you are busy tuning lvl50s? Or perhaps having easier leveling quests is not what you consider fun?

I still don’t see the logic of nerfing classes+items for level50s when the current content is tuned for 60.

I am under the impression that some of their calculations showed that these level 50 items will remain the go-to once you get to level 60 and will outperform most of the stuff you can get there until you get to the more difficult content. You wouldn’t want to have to farm Ny’alotha because some of the stuff there outperforms normal Nathria loot, would you? The Heart of Azeroth change is making me think this is it in particular.

There’s this part, too.

Thank you for proofing my point, yay I got void elves revalidation. :yawning_face:
Tuning items+classes now is a waste of time and makes zero sense.

1 Like

What point? I’ve not seen any valid points in your post. Some of the level 50 gear would be too strong on level 60 and lead you to not wanting to wear end-game stuff, so they toned it down. This is not a level 50 tuning pass (if it was, I am pretty sure that for example drest would be hit way harder and the claw trinket would receive a nerf too), but instead it is preparation for the expansion release which is taking place soon. They could’ve as well published this on the night before Shadowlands release, but I suppose they just wanted to prepare us for this in advance.

:yawning_face:

Then what was the reason for tuning classes. Please try to understand the big picture instead of repeating whatever blue writes.

What if I tell you… it could’ve simply been based on the data from the beta or these particular tuning passes were identified as necessary for the level 60 gameplay? Just looking at these changes, they look like something directed at Shadowlands itself. Just as these trinket/HoA changes are. Treat it as Shadowlands tuning coming in early, rather than specifically prepatch tuning.

It’s going to be strong even in shadowlands, lol.

Why nerf HoA though?

To make sure it won’t be used in SL I imagine.

It won’t be used at lvl 60 anyway though, and who cares about getting a green neck while questing anyway?

The stats on it alone, as with the cloak, made it worth keeping up until after you hit 60. The cloak being ilvl 155, and dungeons being 157 as an example.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.