Grouping in the Shadowlands

With a hotfix to the game that was applied a little while ago, we’ve removed a setting that was restricting players’ ability to consistently see and interact with others in their group in the four Shadowlands zones and the introductory Maw.

Now, as before in Battle for Azeroth, joining a group should bring you to the party leader’s perspective. Players who are in and out of War Mode will remain separate, as always.

An exception that remains is the max-level version of the Maw. Players in the max-level Maw may not immediately be able to see one another when joining a party. However, leaving the max-level Maw (to Oribos) and returning should bring members of a party together.

4 Likes

Thank you! Doing group quests was impossible yesterday :disappointed:

All it takes is for a streamer to complain huh? Thank you asmongold for doing something for once I guess.

Fix the world quests of BFA and Legion to allow creating group with the group finder!!

We’re working on bringing the eye finder back. That’s a separate hotfix.

3 Likes

THANK YOU So much!!

Thank God.

It was impossible to do party world quests yesterday, thank you.

Thanks. Finally

But did we have to default back to the BFA phasing system though?

Played through Bastion yesterday - hardly saw a soul ( :wink: ) . Well not quite, there were other players, but because of the shardding/phasing they were spread out; more like adventurers in the same land. Honestly, it was the best levelling experience / zone for a long long time; mostly because you could be truly immersed in the story and the world.

Login today and its has completely decimated this experience with the phases/shards now massively (over) traffic’d. Overnight the game play has completely shifted with quest areas a free for all tagging mission: running around just trying to squeeze in an instant cast tag before the mob is tapped out / hunting for spawns – rather than actual combat. Having to once again wait around for named quest mobs to spawn (resulting in the consequential 30s tab out ); and the loss of exploration, following a train of other people around from point-to-point.

Really disappointed not to have been able to experience the whole expansion as I did the first zone – as it was shaping up to be the best/most immersive levelling gameplay experience for a long, long, time.

2 Likes

hello, it’s been a week, any updates on group finder. BFA group content is literally unplayable

What group content are you doing in BfA now, man?

world bosses, group quests, even fully geared 50 or 60 cant do it alone

“An exception that remains is the max-level version of the Maw. Players in the max-level Maw may not immediately be able to see one another when joining a party. However, leaving the max-level Maw (to Oribos) and returning should bring members of a party together.”

Can you explain why you have done this ?
It’s not like it’s trivial to walk about The Maw to get to places and then you get there and the group disbands as they’ve been doing the daily while you were making your way there. So then you have to exit the Maw and find another group and hope you can walk there in time.
Please allow us to go to the party leaders shard in The Maw.

This is ridiculous. So i find an elite in the maw that needs a group to kill, i join a group, i have to leave the maw and return, and by the time i walk there again with no mount the elite is dead, so i find a new group and repeat the same idiotic thing. Whoever had this idea is a complete morron -.-

So you fixed it for every zone except the zone where it matters the most? Congrats on sucking

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.