Playing Ahead: Making Choices in WoW Classic

Playing Ahead: Making Choices in WoW Classic

Learn more details on what you can expect when we release the pre-expansion patch for Burning Crusade Classic and launch our Era realms.

View Full Article

Ahhh, it’s the “don’t announce a price and wait for people to argue over what it might be so you can judge what they would be willing to pay”, a trick as old as time!

I was honestly expecting the tried and true classic “set an obviously too high price, wait for complaints, then lower it to still higher than reasonable and have people be thankful” bamboozle, but I guess it’s not too late!

Anyway, I’m not seeing anything on how realms will be handled. Obviously current classic realms will continue all the same with TBC, hopefully the most dead ones merging. Will classic era realms be fewer and merged up, considering it will see a drop in players?

3 Likes

it should be a free service, ppl have paying a monthly sub to this money grabbing company for years now!

2 Likes

Charging people 35$ to copy their character to a realm that’s basically a museum without any content added.
Imagine being this greedy lol.

5 Likes

The article should contain the price, but they have announced the prices already. They’re not hiding it.

Yes they did but is a bit spicy. 35$ is a lot :smile_cat:

:rofl: those prices whooooo boy

2 Likes

It’s insane. But what’s more insane is they know people are willing to pay for it.

ÂŁ25 nets you a faction change or less for a realm change.

How on earth can they justify this pricing? The greed is becoming all to real with this company and I honestly and sincerely hope it bites them in the behind.

Legit the new EA and people wonder why the game is becoming more and more hollow!

1 Like

These prices are absolutely disgusting. As an organisation and as people, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Inb4 the shills come out of the wood work; “iTs OpTiOnAl”. Just stop enabling this BS behaviour, this kind of mentality is why Retails is an absolute joke of a game.

1 Like

I asked some time ago, but I am asking again. Classic was awesome, but what is the reason to stay there forever? Will be there any new content? Or it will remain frozen as it is until it is no longer profitable?

1 Like

While I agree that the price is stupid, they can justify it with: It’s not needed.
None of it. You can play the game perfectly without any of what they’re offering.

Not that I’d ever play the garbage that was TBC again. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Why is it shilling to point out the bleedin obvious? Is someone forcing people to throw their money away? It’s their choice. I don’t spend hundreds of pounds on a handbag with a must have logo but I don’t hop on that fashion houses website berating them for making fools part with their money.

4 Likes

Thank you for proving my point.

5 Likes

But I didn’t. Edgewood.

Imagine paying for an all-you-can-eat buffet but have to pay extra for a second plate.

2 Likes

Imagine using such a bad analogy.

And how is it bad? I pay for a price so I can eat at the said buffet but somehow get charged extra for a second dish. But it’s futile, I could present you the perfect analogy and you’ll still not accept it since you’re biased.

2 Likes

With your analogy you’d want to drink the bar dry as part of your meal. But of course you’re unbiased.

A drink would enhance my meal, but we’re talking about a second dish here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.