Make CM Gear available for all classes?

In my opinion, the CM gear looks very good and the art team really made an amazing job with it. I think it would be a good thing if blizzard made the Challenge mode gear available for all classes if you unlocked it on 1 class.
There are people like me that rerolled to another class (Druid in my case) and they can hardly make any use of their challenge mode gear anymore.

What do you think about it? Obviously keep it unobtainable but make it available to all classes for those who earned it? So since I have it on my DK I’d also get it on my druid?

7 Likes

I’m not in favour of unlocking exclusive time locked stuff.

It was special to that time.

10 Likes

It does raise the point of, you did the full gold on one class, then either through changes to said class or just gutting, you don’t play that class anymore. You’ve lost what you earned.

2 Likes

Several friends did them on multiple classes. It’s not like M+ so it wasn’t really something you ran repeatedly. So they worked their way through.

1 Like

That kinda highlights the flip side of this, while I did it on my dk, I was never good enough on my other chars to get it, or honestly felt good enough to push on those chars. Dk through and through.

So while I earned it on my dk, does my terribly played warlock deserve that same reward? Nevermind dh just have to be awkward and not exist then to not have a CM set at all.

Do characters you couldn’t play well enough deserve the sets? To me those that can competently play all their character will take them through challenging content.

Like some did every single mage tower.

It’s just my opinion though, I know some would bring everything back if they could :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s what it comes down too doesn’t it, how would you judge it? I’m a terrible mage, could never do it on that char, but I’m a pretty good dk, did it on this char.

I suppose in fairness, I’d say the alts don’t deserve it, not that I would say no if that change came through, as they are lovely sets.

Mage tower was nice, did frost mage one, all dks.

I only did the three pallly ones, two or three hunter and one druid (feral).

1 Like

Computer says no.

The game needs more stuff like this. Stuff thats properly hard to get and allows people that are good enough and dedicated enough to show off an “I was there at the time” badge.

Not a big fan of the “everyone should get everything” generation.

5 Likes

At times i wish there was system that you could trade one set for another, because i think i want the mage cm set and dont play my lock much so would trade that in.

Then i remember i didn’t like the mage version because of its box helmet and weird shoulders, basically its just wanting stuff because its unobtainable.

2 Likes

Same wish i could trade my priest one with druid tbh but yeah lets not bring them back or make them for alts .
I was not good enough back then as druid so i dont deserve it.
I did get pala,priest and lock sets done so im proud of that.
Pala as tank
Priest went holy agaisnt advice people said nooooo go disc lol
Lock went as destro .

1 Like

Community Managers have special gear?

1 Like

i did the cm for my priest and druid, wish i did it on my shaman as well :frowning:

But, unique gear are not unique if it is handed out for “everyone”. Same goes for elite sets from pvp.
But it would be a cool thing if you could earn the CM gear for your class if you completed high lvl m+ for that class.

m+ needs some love imo in regards to rewards

1 Like

To be fair

They made the MoP CM mounts account wide, if you had 1, you suddenly got all 4.

They made the PvP mount (viciours war mounts) account wide.

For the WoD CM stuff, they made it (at the end) so that you where able to buy some kinda token that unlocked ALL weapon / shield to your account.

Hell, even the PvP title that was supose to be toon bound are now account wide aswell.

I really dont see why they cant unlock the vendor for your account, if you have done the CM in MoP on atleast one toon.

Wish they add that to PvP vendor aswell, if you have a toon with a old title (rank 11+), let the PvP vendor be unlocked for all your toon aswell. (or if you get the new rated BG title that unlock the same thing).

After all, its something i earned, maybe not on that class, still, i earned it, just how title from achievements are earend, even if my other toon have never set foot in said instance, they can still use said title.

If you dont play that class then you can’t use that transmog any other class. Just like any other class specific transmog.

You ‘lost’ nothing.

So much entitlement these days.

3 Likes

I’d be in favor of it, considering the MoP weapons became account-wide I don’t see why the armor (for those who earned it mind you) shouldn’t.
Who does it hurt? A handful (in comparison to the sub numbers at the time) who did all classes? I honestly don’t see the harm.

Had it been reintroduced that would be a WHOLE different can of worms, the Legion Order Hall sets are the poor mans version (and in some cases cooler than the OG sets imo), but they’re there.

WoD

MoP

nobody

The difference there is, firstly that you earned it to begin with, I’ve got plenty issues with the mindset of ‘I pay therefore I deserve’ sentiment, it’s not asking for anything that they’ve not earned already. And secondly you don’t have the option of going back to get it on your new main, unlike class specific tier sets, or class hall sets.

That’s the crucial point, in order for that to happen, you need to have earned it in the first place.

The weapons from wod’s CM being accountwide muddies things as well, inconsistent.

1 Like

So what is next, I did one mage tower, I deserve all the mage tower weapons?

3 Likes

ideas like these is what took the special out of anything in this game

just look at high warlord / grand marshal title

its worthless now but without doubt the most hardcore grind ever in this game

2 Likes