I can't create topics in general forums

I am actively playing WoW and I don’t know why but I can’t create topics on forums.
And on some threads, I don’t even have “reply” button.

You guys or blues have any idea of why it’s happening ?
Thanks. <3

1 Like

Try to change the char you write from… For some reason, it sometimes is impossible to write from some chars, but others are able to write from

But… you did create this one right? :thinking:

4 Likes

This is a thread about being unable to post on the General Forums… in the general forums.

What am I missing?

6 Likes

@Elandura: About the only thing that quickly springs to mind is that, if you encounter such a problem again, double check that you are not accidentally on the US fora.

My words exactly.

It seems the problem as solved itself but for future troubles:

if it says you are logged in but you cannot post or reply, clean your browser cache completely empty, restart browser and relog. So not just cookies but whole browser cache.

This works for me every single time it happens. I have noticed it happening has something to do with visiting US forums while logged in (or at least in one case, logging into us forums with eu account) alltough it does not happen every time but rarely. I think it is related to something in your browser cache making EU forums think you are US poster and not letting you post. But that part is just guessing based on how it happen to me and how it is fixed.

2 Likes

I had this problem when i logged in through my phone, after that i couldn’t see a reply button on pc, when i logged out of mobile it worked on pc again :thinking:

You didn’t end up in the old forums did you? (Can’t create when you can)

Edit - you can’t reply to old threads, these forums have a necro protection. Anything older than 1 month cannot be posted on (i think)

Well for now you seem to have it working. So hopefully the problem is solved.

However if you struggle again try Radium’s suggestion :wink:

Using Fora is wrong, it’s forums, Since it’s being used in the modern vernacular.

Since this is place of discussion and not a public square, you are incorrect, but kudos for knowing the right form.

1 Like

@Dottie: Thank you. :slight_smile:

This post was originally in support, so it has been moved to general discussion :yum:

But I hope it is solved for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which ever character you want to post on forums with, some of which you probably haven’t played with in a while, you need to log into the game with that character and then log completely out.

1 Like

Oh, well that does make sense xD

You should be able to post and create threads in General Discussion etc. now Elandura.

For some reason the active gametime flag hadn’t updated on the forum back-end for your account, I’ve fixed that now. You might need to log-out and back into the forums first. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Well there we go! \o/

Would there be a way for the forum to inform, right in the thread, that it’s been moved? That would’ve explained a lot :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love you for that. Thanks for taking necessary action.

PS: I hope this makes people learn not to make assumptions and salty comments when they don’t have a clue about what’s really happening. I’m excluding all other kind and helpful intended comments :slight_smile:

Well, can’t really blame people. This thread did not belong in general forums, which of course you knew perfectly well.

Do you pratice at being obtuse in every thread you post in ? do you go out of your way to be rude and hostile and negative towards every poster ?
Ive yet to see one helpful or fun comment come from you .