Lag in Firemaw EU

title says al l when i was doing ohd on my 70 warrior. huge lag.

everyone else in my party has same. you all firemaws got it?

6 Likes

Everyone has it, we have ~2min chat delay now in SSC and addons doesn’t work because of it.

AH is currently not usable at all (checking it on my alt).

i managed to complete the morass attune on warrior. i was very lucky

whole EU region soon on one realm gets only worse :smiley:

i was gonna take a nap then head back into som for gold making to get upgrades

Auction house unusable in the evening. 2k queue to log in right now.

Will transfers in be closed? If it carries on like this the choice will be between one full, but unusably bad, megaserver, or a bunch of dead ones.

1 Like

Blizzard need to stop people transferring to the server. It’s already over populated and we have queues to log in again - the new content is going to be laggy as hell and we’re going to end up having a really bad experience. Merge some smaller realms to make healthy communities elsewhere.

2 Likes

Seems like there are too many people already even if transfer closed.

sadly they wont do anything. even if they offer free xfer now nobody with more iq than finger will use them.

1 Like

Thanks to all you people who transferred there for the past 4months. Its nothing new that ssc/tk is lagging like that on firemaw. Mostly it is ssc, but it only happened like once every 2 weeks, now I assume it happening every week on that day. You signed up for that, I didnt but I have to live with it now aswell. Was fun wiping on fathomlord because of 3sec delays lol :slight_smile:

But that is really about it. Firemaw always had it’s flaws, mostly shattrath and ssc lags during wednesday primetime. On launch AH lags almost unusable and serverlag from primetime to early morning. The ah lag is back but mostly primetime too thanks to them not locking the realm lol :slight_smile: Welcome to firemaw newcomers.

2 Likes

You should thank all the players deciding to play horde so Alliance had nowhere to go if they wanted to play the game.

they all want active servers and there only 2 atm. they gone to firemaw because they didnt have a choice.

There were plenty of healthy servers when this clown fiesta started. For whatever reason many had the mindset that <4k pop=ded, even though server was perfectly in line with what retail tbc servers were. They were the ones who destroyed all realms, they are to blame.

Can you all stop with this “back then” BS already? This is not 2008, this is 2022. Megaservers are standard in most if not all non-WoW MMORPGS and we have now technology to manage servers four times as big as Firemaw without any issues. We know what are the advantages/disadvantages of smaller realms and what are pros and cons of megaservers. And migration results clearly show which of the two is preferred, so things should be adapted on Blizzard’s end accordingly.

1 Like

Then how come AH is nearly unusable and there is massive lag?

The technology is available, I never said Blizzard uses it or more importantly, wants to use it.

This is ridiculous, allowing so many to transfer here with no real plan in place for new phases etc. I get the new people coming had been warned of server queues and degraded service during peak times but people who have been hear months / years are now suffering… SORT IT OUT PLEASE

If you mean sharding then it defeats the entire purpose of classic.

They already have 3 layers on firemaw most of the time. surely sharding wont degrade the ‘classic’ experience too much

I remember when we had 70000 people on firemaw. Lots of layers, before that huge ques and transfer lock. Good times. Now they just let them in in droves while nothing works