Sepulcher of the First Ones - Ruined Crest of Lordaeron temporarily disabled

Hey folks - while preparing to release the last three bosses of Sepulcher of the First Ones tomorrow, we discovered an issue with the Ruined Crest of Lordaeron, a shield that drops from the Lords of Dread encounter. This issue isn’t something we’ll be able to resolve in the next day before launch, and we don’t believe it’s worth delaying the release, so this means that we’ll be disabling the item from the Lords of Dread loot table until the next weekly reset on 16/3.

We understand that many players have been making decisions about what raid compositions and classes to run in anticipation of the Sepulcher’s more mysterious and challenging encounters becoming available, and not having access to this higher-item level piece during that first week puts a damper on that excitement for those affected.

While we don’t believe it’ll take us the entire week to solve the issue, we’re leaving it disabled so as not to disadvantage the more cutting-edge raiders who will be clearing the Lords of Dread earlier in the week vs those who would come around to it later. It’s also worth noting that despite this unfortunate situation, the Ruined Crest of Lordaeron will still be available in 16/3’s Great Vault for eligible raiders who manage to take down the Lords of Dread this week.

Luckily, the news isn’t all bad. We’ve heard the feedback that the First-Ones visuals didn’t match up with the name and theme of the item, which many felt were ill-fitting of such an iconic Warcraft character in Mal’Ganis. When the shield is re-enabled with the 16/3 reset, it’ll be sporting an entirely new, exclusive appearance that some very old-school members of the Alliance may remember well…

We appreciate everyone’s patience as we deal with getting this issue resolved as quickly as cleanly as possible. Thanks for understanding, and we wish you the best of luck taking the fight to the Jailer in the weeks to come!

4 Likes

that shield ;DDDD

too bad i dont raid. :frowning:

F in the chat

Wait are blizz adding a shield that actually looks like a shield to the game… and its going to be obtainable (I’m looking at you exiles reach).

Is this a dream? XD

Amazing work whoever designed these :slight_smile:

The new model is great, but I hope it won’t be small. :+1:

2 Likes

Are shields ever too small on Taurens? :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree though, I hope it’s a decent size.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.