BCC Season 3 PvP Updates

With Burning Crusade Classic Season 3 ending this week, we can now see how the results are approximating, and we’ve decided to make some adjustments that will increase players’ ability to purchase PvP gear.

• After Season 3 is complete, the discount on Season 3 gear will be increased to 60% (was 50%).
    • Developers’ notes: This should allow for players who reached the cap of 5,000 Arena Points to buy their set and a two-hand weapon, or their set and main hand and an offhand item.
  • Tier 6 tokens will now be exchangeable for Season 3 gear.
  • The Arena Points calculation has been updated to reduce the disparity of weekly Arena Points earned between different ratings.
    • Developers’ note: All Arena players should see an increase in points earned, and those at lower ratings should see a higher increase.

These changes will occur during maintenance and will affect the final Season 3 calculations that take place this week (tomorrow, 4 May in this region).

Thank you!

13 Likes

Season 3 will end at 22:00 CEST (20:00 UTC) on Tuesday, 3 May.

bad communication and too late as always. just sad

5 Likes

This is very vague, what is the formula used here, what percentage increase should we expect?

1 Like

Thx for news,

Could you give us the exact cost of each item please ? To know if we have to hold 5k or less (4k8 / 4K9 / etc…)

Because with 50% the cost was rounded :sunny:

A whooping one day notice?

do I understand correctly that the end of the season will be on Tuesday, and not on Wednesday as the usual reset of the week?

The prices were updated on PTR yesterday.

Helmet - 750
Shoulders - 600
Chest - 750
Gloves - 450
Legs - 750

Two-handed weapons: 1,500
Melee main hand: 1,050
Melee off hand: 450
Shields: 750
Ranged: 1,500
Staves: 1,500
Caster one-handed weapons: 1,250
Caster off hand: 450
Wands: 400

3 Likes

Shout out to all tokens that were destroyed and disenchanted.

2 day before the season end, they tell us that now Tier 6 token can be used to get S3 gear.

Horrible communication, like always. This blue post should have pop 1 month earlier.

Oh, I didn’t mention the fact that S1 and S2 gear were tradeable in Sunwell patch with T4/T5 … But never T6 was tradeable, never. It never happened, untill today.

For WOTLK, don’t make the same misstake like most of us did in TBC. All your tier tokens should stay in bank before they announce anything. All your arena points should be stockpilled untill you reach 5k, if you don’t play at high rating. Catchup is now part of Classic and we should assume they are going to do the same thing in WOTLK.

7 Likes

So do you or anybody know if the rating requirements for S3 items will fall completly?
For shoulders it surely doesnt make sense anymore if there is the possibility to trade them for T6 and for weapons the Rating requirement dropped the seasons before.

So I assume I can play arenas tomorrow (3.05 till 20), I will still get points and then on 4th I can exchange them for discounted s3?

I like this as I did manage to cap 5000 arena points so be able buy 5/5 and weapon is really good.

No rating requirements for S3 items. It was on PTR; it worked the same way with S2 gear when it was on sale.

I bought everything when I had the points to do it, because “Hey, let’s use the gear right now, I’ll have enough points to afford everything before the end of season. S3 is for 2 raids tier (Hyjal/BT/ZA) in contrast of S1/S2/S4, so it should take months and months before they announce Season 4. And anyway, S3 aren’t gonna be free with Tier 6 tokens, it never happened, only S1/S2 were bought in Quel’Danas Island, that’s why nobody is farming them and they sold at ridiculous price in BT/Hyjal GDKP. No worry, it’s literally impossible they do that because it’s not part of the original game”. It was a rational approach based on original TBC.

4 days later, Sunwell PTR announced.
1 month later, Tier 6 tradeable.

Meanwhile, close to 1 years after TBC release, Honor is still the worst farm ever seen. I think I played more BG in TBC than my whole R12 in Vanilla. If you didn’t do that daily quest everyday or if you missed AV weekend, then I hope you don’t plan to PvP because you’ll end your honor farm at WOTLK release if you play less than 2 hours a day, especially as healers where all bits of offset PvP gear is necessary.

And the Honor Farm is post-nerf yeah, pre-nerf it was a total nightmare Horde side with 20mn queue time. Lot of PvP players left the game at that stage and never came back when they realized how horrible faction balance and honor farm was. In WOTLK, it should be better. People often say that you need only 1 week to get your PvP set in WOTLK, we’ll see.

As I remember in old TBC T6 tokens were not possible to change for PvP set (maybe only after pre WotLK patch but not sure).

Ion Hazzikosta s and his funny devs team continue to ruin Classic TBC , 50% of ppl stopped to do PvP in BGs after they raised 3x Honor rewards for easy worlk dailys, removed completely BG marks as currency for set gear and halved marks for non-set PvP gear.

Ion, where is your limit in destroying this nice game?
What you will do with WotLK, will be even more ridiculous then this your “tuned” TBC?

I know you need to keep retail WoW more popular then Classic and since devs are not able to make good retail exp they need to ruin classic to keep difference…
So many of us waiting for WotLK… but im afraid we will be dissapointed after retail Blizz devs nerf WotLK to the ground…

50% of players left the game when they saw a single battleground awarded less than 300 honors for 25 minutes of tryhard to get a win. More than 100 hours of farm needed to get fully S1 blue gear and S1 offset epic gear, for a single character. Sure, you don’t need full PvP set to start arena, especially in TBC where Resilience is a complete joke.

But all of that to get destroyed in first Kidney Shot by random Season 1 Rogue/Mage (because hey Resilience doesn’t work against non critical strike, very well designed).

The Honor Nerf was a benediction, and even the nerf is not enough because outside of BG Weekend and Daily PvP quest, the honors rate still are horrible. Try to create a new charactersand farm 75’000 honors from scratch without waiting 75 days for daily quest, and without waiting the next “BG week”.

See you in WOTLK Classic when it’s done.

I mean if you really think people like BG, go in Alterac Valley and see how many people just autorun to the North (or South), and do nothing if they are attacked, just dying.

I start to understand why Retail is like it is. The game was so badly designed in the past that people just burned out of everything, and now they just don’t want to do mundane task. They just want to play with friends, arena or raids or dungeons, directly, without the 100 hours of game required before.

Create an Arena Tournament PvP Realm where you can create character max-level and get all PvP gear for free to start arena instantly and GAME, this server would be full of players in 1 day.

You obviously didn’r read well my post, I didn’t say nothing against increased reward inside BG but about unnecessary overrewards outside BGs which allows players to get tons of honor without to even step into BG or PvP at all (because on towers ppl just doing A:H turns).
They did this:

• 3x honor for daily BG - lets say OK
  • double honor for turning marks - lets say OK
  • 3x honor for Terokkar towers - totally unnecessary
  • 3x honor for hellfire bases - totally unnecessary
  • half honor needed for set or non-set PvP gear - im not sure if is bad or good, something between
  • half marks needed for non-set PvP items - so bad, even less needs for BG
  • no marks for gladiator set gear - extra bad, no need for BG PvP at all

So I am not against all things to make PvP easy but with ALL of this they made PvP trivial and retarded.

Some bad calculation there. For casters full set with main hand + off hand will cost 5010 points

Dude clearly you didn’t play bgs and farm gear in p1 because everything you mentioned is a great change and welcomed by most. Farming for countless weeks just to be competitive is not fun.

3 Likes

Even though I agree that some things needed to get adjusted with terrible rates I like the fact you have to work hard for your items. The feeling getting something you worked hard for is just better than getting everything easy. The problem is that they speed up all the content which means you have to speed up the reward system as well. I wish they go back to the a slower style again after Wotlk. But that will be easier with something completely new devloped as well.

1 Like