Wrath of the Lich King Classic Hotfixes - Updated 9 January

how does it clutter up the minimap on hunters? does human tracking f.e. show these things aswell?

Yes

how do hunters on retail deal with this?

I have no idea. I do play Hunters but I don’t play Retail. I just want them off my Mini-map.

1 Like

strike that. thank you for applying something w/o testing it. at least join the spriest classic discord where actual research on the matter is done.

you got the power of the hivemind on your hands. use it, people are going to be happy and have a fulfilling feeling of “I helped to fix this”.

Hello everyone! Here are the recent hotfixes to Wrath Classic:

OCTOBER 19, 2022

Wrath of the Lich King Classic

• Classes
    • Mind Flay, and other similar spells, will no longer benefit from movement impairment reduction as a cast speed bonus.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause Blessing of Wisdom to sometimes incorrectly provide an increased benefit in raid encounters when changing to a specialization that did not have Improved Blessing of Wisdom.
    • Adjusted Warrior’s Taste for Blood talent to improve its timing.
      • Developers’ note: This change should make Rank 3 of the talent trigger every 6 seconds, instead of sometimes taking 9 seconds to trigger. Other ranks have the same change, but aren’t guaranteed to happen, and so are less noticeable.
  • Creatures and NPCs
    • Fixed incorrect levels with some player summoned creatures.
    • Grauf has been taught how to fly, and will no longer run around in the air, disobeying the laws of physics.
  • Dungeons and Raids
    • Fixed an issue where Kel’thuzad would sometimes still pick the tank for Frost Blast when the tank does not have the most threat.
    • Fixed an issue where some encounters would not respect loot settings (like Master Looter).
  • Items and Rewards
    • The Well Fed effect from feasts now grants Ranged Attack Power.
    • Greater Inscriptions from the Sons of Hodir are now refundable items, however they can no longer be sold back to vendors for gold if mailed to other characters on your account.
    • Heirlooms will now properly apply their combat rating bonuses.
  • Quests
    • “Chill Out, Mon” can be obtained once again after returning to the realm of the living and passing through the underground portion of Drakil’jin Ruins.
  • User Interface and Accessibility
    • Fixed an issue where spells added in Wrath of the Lich King are not properly displaying projected healing in the UI while being cast.

Okay, I don’t often ask for class nerf/buffs - especially not in Classic, but we’ve got a bit of a situation in my opinion.

In late WotLK destruction warlocks, to a lesser degree fire mages, and especially elemental shamans were radically buffed in response to the increasing levels of resilience which hits them particularly hard (and for this reason resilience was redesigned in later expansions). What resulted was an era of caster cleaving in S8 - but it was mostly fair.

With these buffs in the game and resilience being low due to it being the first season these classes have scaled completely out of whack. It’s actually insane how I can be at 90% HP and I get a flame shock, and then the lava burst combo and I just die outright instantaneously and there is no counter possible. This is not even remotely consistent with the experience of the original Wrath of the Lich King and it’s incredibly frustrating.

Please don’t nerf any of them to the ground though - but some adjustments here would be nice. Maybe partially undo the buffs (partially because iirc they were a little underpowered at first) and reapply them in their respective seasons.

1 Like

This was not a bug since it worked like that back in the days aswell. Guess in wotlk reforged now blizz custom balance classes aswell I see…

Casters was buffed due to PvE and not cause resilience, but regardless if ur looking for issues on destruction warlock u should test whether the chaos bolt does 25% less damage in PvP as it did in this patch.

Here are today’s hotfixes to Wrath Classic:

OCTOBER 20, 2022

• Classes
    • The effects of the Rogue Overkill talent are now cancelled upon activating another talent specialization.
  • Dungeons and Raids
    • Naxxramas
      • Death Knight NPCs can no longer cast Unholy Frenzy on raid bosses.
    • The Culling of Stratholme
      • Fixed an issue with Chrono-Lord Epoch’s Time Step. He will now properly move around the room as he targets different players, including those he started in melee range with.
      • Hide/Show Helm and Cloak options now behave properly when transformed in the dungeon.
  • Items and Rewards
    • Flask of Distilled Wisdom now properly benefits from Mixology.
    • Drums of Speed will now provide the Tinnitus effect to the players affected by the item, similar to Greater Drums of Speed.

Besides the Customer Service thing I want to call u very very delusional.
Blizzard never actively managed Server Pop. Back in the day we just had more PPL on More Servers and even then I remember queues or specific servers being down for 8h isntead of the 3 announced. Thriving In-Game Communitys cultivated by blizzard? Lmao what game did u play? The only communitys that formed were from the players for the players. But idk the fact that u still actively post in the forum makes me think u arent done with the game and didnt lose interest u just want to cloutfarm

By all means go play whatever you want or go outside? I dont think anyone will care that you left lol

It wasn’t all casters for one, and for another this was definitely part of the reason. It’s completely possible there may have been multiple reasons though - I just remember my side of it which was PvP.

Regardless, this is a problem. Every time I meet an ele shaman I just get globalled and it’s really getting quite annoying. My only consolation is that as resilience comes in they do get nerfed, but I fear not enough. Even so I expect it to go from impossible to too difficult, so there’s that.

Here are today’s hotfixes to Wrath Classic:

OCTOBER 21, 2022

• Classes
    • Fixed an issue where Druid’s Typhoon spell could cause the User Interface to become unresponsive.
    • Fixed an issue with the Hunter talent Master Marksman (Rank 5) not properly applying its mana cost reduction benefit to Aimed Shot.
    • Death Knight’s Glyph of Death Strike now properly increases Death Strike damage by 1% per Runic Power (was 1% per 2 Runic Power).
  • Dungeons and Raids
    • Naxxramas
      • Heigan the Unclean’s Eruption should now cover the entire affected section of the floor.
  • User Interface and Accessibility
    • The Raid Info Frame now distinguishes between different raid difficulties.

Still no fixes for Era: Carets* still around.

And if you could bring back Divine Storm in all its glory too … the world would just become a better place.

Carets: Those small up or down pointing triangles telling you something is above or below you. They do not belong in Classic as they were added in Legion Pre-patch.

1 Like

You can fix the queues yourself, by transferring.

Please fix the crippling lag/stutter in 25 mans that are happing to a lot of people for seemingly no reason!

1 Like

Yep yep yep
Divine Storm we’re still waiting

2 Likes

add RDF so people are willing to level alts so the game is not dead PLEASE

1 Like

Hello! Here are today’s hotfixes for Wrath Classic:

OCTOBER 24, 2022

• Classes
    • Warrior
      • Fixed an issue where Deep Wounds was not benefitting from the damage bonus of Blood Frenzy or Savage Combat.
  • Items and Rewards
    • Modestly increased the chance to receive the Hallowed Helm, Sinister Squashling, and Tooth Pick during the Hallow’s End event.
  • Player versus Player
    • Death Knight’s Unholy Blight will no longer keep enemy players in combat during its entire duration.