3D accelerator card is not supported!

Same problem here and i was playing on a laptop so i cant even change my videocard

Yeah I have the same problem. :frowning_face:

There was a blue post that they killed support for GPUs below Shader Model 5 and yours has Model 4 only. The good part is that they are looking if it’s possible to re-enable that support on special limited low quality settings mode (or upgrade GPU).

What GPUs do you have. If some old one use the GPU DB to check what Shader Level it supports:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/

Same for me, GeForce 9800 GT. Cannot start after latest patch. Grrr…

I have the same issue. on the 13th my game was fine on the 14th 3D accelerator not supported. I cant open tickets or anything else ether idk what to do my laptop is upto date with software and drivers. I cant afford to go out and by a new laptop or rig whenever theirs updates. My laptop isn’t a new gaming laptop but I’ve never ever had this issue before my game ran great all the time. I’m stuck in limbo I cant get the game to run I cant open tickets and I cant contact them and I cant update anything. I’m stuck I’ve just paid my bill also lol.

Same problem here :sleepy: :disappointed:

Was playing very fine half an hour ago, then a mini-update happened and now can’t even start WoW because of this 3D Accelerator Card not supported? Any fix soon? It can’t be my fault because the game was working half an hour ago.

Forgot to mention that PTR is working fineand both live and PTR are 9.0.1.36247

What is your laptop model? What they killed is support for GPUs released before 2009.

What hardware do you have?

Had the same issue starting it from bnet launcher, starting it from wow folder works perfect tho. Same scenario as you, worked fine 30 minutes ago then patch and cant start thru bnet, try it thru folder and enjoy :slight_smile:

Just started the game manually without B-net app, had 1 min of back-screen at character list, tried to change realm and all became visible again. I logged in and i can play. I hope it gets fixed before my game crash :slight_smile:

I think there is a problem with the launcher.

1 Like

so blizard nothing say for this problem???

i got same problem and nothing i open 3x ticket and nothing this company now didnt work on players

And what hardware do you have?

Hi Cleaveland,

We’ve posted an update regarding older GPU’s here

Stay tuned to the thread there :slight_smile:

“Your 3D accelerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft."

I am unable to play the game due to the update… I tried to send a ticket but no joy… My account is due for renewal on the 25 Oct and I have lost game time due to this, I will NOT be subscribing till this is fixed. I really hope I will get a refund for my lost time etc.

What is your GPU.

I have Nvidia GeForce GT 740 with 2 GB ram and processor Intel Core I5 6400 2,70 GHz and 8 Gb Ram. Also Windows 10 with Direct X 12, but somehow i can’t select DirectX 12 from WoW settings, and now i use DirectX 11 Legacy. I dare not change the setting fearing my game won’t work anymore.

I am very bad at software and hardware, i don’t know what is good or bad, new or old.

GT 740 can only use DX11, it does not support DX12 to the level WoW needs to use the DX12 mode. But still GT 740 supports the Shader Model 5 so it just should work (where as much older ones will be rejected with the topic error message).

1 Like

This. Close discord and end all processes of it.