Tailoring Cooldown Suspensions and Reversals

Earlier this week we fixed a bug that had allowed Tailors to circumvent a long cooldown in Tailoring, and quickly ascertained that some players had done so a great deal, so we actioned those players in accordance with how much the exploit was used. Earlier today, after further investigation, we came to understand that some of those we suspended likely didn’t have a deliberate intent to exploit and were simply doing something that appeared to be naturally available. As a result, we’ve now reversed most of these suspensions, so that only the most egregious cases remain penalized.

As a result of this, we’ve heard a lot of feedback about the crafting UI and tooltips therein, and we’re looking into improvements that we can make there in a future patch.

Thank you for your understanding.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

My jaded takeaway from this is that your crafting UI is so convoluted and unfriendly that you accept that people probably didn’t even know they were exploiting?

Yowzer.

6 Likes

Maybe if the UI wasnt this bad, people would have known they were even exploiting in the first place

What about the exploiters that Exploited the Artisan Consortium Reputation? Any word on them?

If you fixed the bug, it created another one.

As I pushed my first tailor into a corner (there’s already discussion about that, so I won’t comment…), I leveled up a second tailor yesterday which I specialized in making Chronocloth Bolt, so my main tailor can reach 75 through Temporal Spellthread (which is bad enough as it is).

The thing is, she can only makes 1 out 30 every time the timer is over. Happened yesterday evening, reset was 6 hours. Now it’s this morning, with a reset of 15+ hours.
Also, when the timer reset, it is only 20/30 (why wasn’t it full ?). It went down to 1 after crafting some Vibrant Wildercloth Bolt which is needed for the recipe.

Tried to report it IG, but I can’t find the bug tool.

So, you punish people, but do you compensate people who are negatively impacted by bugs?

Having a similar issue, my tailor went from 1/30 bolts available to 20/30 bolts available. Did you actually fix this bug yet? I’m scared to make bolts.

Ok, just to add to some information after waiting for the end of the timer. When I logged, the limit was set to 1/30…

I had no idea this was a thing - nowhere is it explained how many you can craft and when, except for what comes as available to craft after cooldowns.

I even put further knowledge into this spec because it seemed viable - which it no longer is, by a long shot - if we can craft one per cooldown(what is it btw, it’s different for me every time, sometimes 6h sometimes 15h). Maybe as the third spec of focus.

I do understand the logic behind no knowledge respec but this was a real sour one.

As a note on your “fix”, that is how I found out something was wrong with the UI and looked this up to find what happened some days ago with this post.
I went to craft my 10 available crafts, and it only let me craft one. No errors, no nothing- it just wouldn’t let me craft the rest. Reloaded a few times - nothing. Relog, now it said it’s on cooldown.

How are we supposed to use this system and buy mats for crafting if we have no way to tell how much we can ACTUALLY craft?

I hope a proper fix to this comes asap, and I’m assuming all knowledge points put into this spec are gone with the wind.

This not being a huge gamebreaking thing it’s enough to break me out of the enjoyment I had of the game up to this point - I hope it doesn’t last…

Also, PLEASE update tooltips so it is not a huge mystery what we’re getting when this knowledge is so hard to get by and so important for progression. I would still like a clear idea of what the actual cooldown is, how much it is reduced with specialization and how many each time. Is the cap of 20 just like a “rested” system for when I don’t craft for a full month?

End rant. Thanks

still bogd had 30 of 30 for my azureweave bolts mad one andt got a 9 hr cooldown

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.