WoW Hotfixes - Updated 20 March

Good to see this fix

:+1:

• Experience granted by enemies associated with the Cobalt Assembly has been greatly reduced.
  • Developers’ notes: From the start, the Cobalt Assembly was intended to be a max-level feature, and Sundered Flame enemies should not have granted significant amounts of XP. Having a max-level player kill enemies while in a party with lower-level players who stand around and do nothing but receive XP and reputation is not the sort of gameplay we wish to encourage. We’ve adjusted the XP rate, rather than removed it completely, to encourage players to level in more fun, interactive ways, while still leaving this as an option that is no longer the best option.

But having 10 people purposely die on the last boss of the current raid while 10 others kill it for gold is the sort of gameplay you wish to encourage?

Edit: Sorry, don’t you guys also literally offer skipping 85% of the current in-game levels for a monetary sum?

1 Like

and now all stacks are removed when more than 1 target is hit, making multidotting even more awfull and on few targets even a dps loss - as AFFLI… I could now say something about bad testing or incompetence but after the soul swap change I have no words anymore to voice my disgust and disappointment, good luck.

Am I missing something here, “Protector of the Pack healing bonus to Regrowth and damage bonus to Moonfire has been increased by 60%”.

My “Protector of the Pack” talent just says “Store 5% of your damage, up to xxxxx. Your next Regrowth consumes all stored damage to increase its healing”.

I don’t see anything about a damage bonus to moonfire there?

cannot have sockets attached.
I already bought everything, once again TRUSTING that it would work like with any other endgame DF necklace.

1 Like

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

January 27, 2023

Classes

• Druid
    • Restoration
      • Fixed an issue that could cause Regrowth to sometimes not apply its direct healing after casting Nourish.
  • Monk
    • Mistweaver
      • Fixed an issue that caused Awakened Faeline and Ancient Concordance to fail to apply in some instances while multiple Faelines were present.
  • Paladin
    • Retribution
      • Lawbringer now correctly deals 8% of enemy maximum health in damage.
  • Rogue
    • The Outlaw 2pc set bonus now correctly interacts with Echoing Reprimand.
  • Warlock
    • Affliction
      • Fixed an issue where Inevitable Demise was granting double benefit to Drain Life.
      • Fixed an issue where Malefic Affliction was not being removed when casting Unstable Affliction on another target.
      • Fixed an issue where Withering Bolt was exceeding the described damage increase cap when using Drain Soul.
      • Fixed an issue where Malefic Rapture and Seed of Corruption consumed multiple applications of Cruel Epiphany.

Dungeons and Raids

• Mythic+
    • Affixes
      • Bolstering no longer applies to players’ summons.

Items and Rewards

• The Ensemble: Tuskar Trader’s Leather Armor sold by Lontupit or Murik in Iskaara will no longer require Resilient Leather, which wasn’t showing on the vendor’s list of required items.

Professions

• Alchemy
    • Potion of Sacrificial Anima can no longer be used above level 60. The tooltip will reflect this in a future patch.
  • Engineering
    • The Magazine of Healing Darts embellishment will now only fire towards and be consumed by other players.

Quests

• Valdrakken
    • Players who have not yet started “Reviving the Machine” should now see its starting location displayed in Valdrakken’s map.
1 Like

why,because it made affli a little bit less awfull?
btw doesnt look like the bug with seed is fixed…no damage increase. So worse in all forms of Multitarget x_x …no words .consume stack, doesnt increase damage yep.

1 Like

this was awesome in how it worked. made the gameplay so much smoother. Would have loved to see it being kept this way. But yeah Blizz doesn’t like fun, so here we are again…

3 Likes

This so called issue was NOT an issue for us. Keeping the stacks was the best thing that happened to affi. But yeah. Fun detected.

1 Like

i dont see Soul Swap bug fixes.
1- CD bug: the Cooldown of the spell is not show on the UI after its got used. (btw i dont think this spell supposed to have any CD at all)

2- Haunted Spirits bug: if its talented Soul Swap removes the buff from you, if its not talented its actually activates the buff to you until you exhale your stored DoTs.

3- Absolute Corruption: if its talented you DoT up yourself with Corruption when u use SS: Inhale until you exhale your dots. (Suicide dots lol)

Yep. They should revert it so you carry stacks. Come on, Blizz.

Revert the “bug” Blizz. Sometimes its not damage that is needed for a spec to be better but a “bug”.

This is more of a feature request, but it bothers me all the time that when on the dragonriding mount I cannot switch around between my multiple action bars. It is locked to the dragon riding one. (Even though one is free to put into the spare slots there what one wants … although a bit of an annoyance since the game keeps putting all the dragon abilities back in there, even though the upwards move is on the jump button already.)

Hello everyone. Here are all the hotfixes for today and with this week’s weekly restarts:

JANUARY 30, 2023

Classes

• Hunter
    • Marksmanship
      • Fixed an issue where Calling the Shots was incorrectly receiving more benefit than intended while using the Chimaera Shot talent.
    • Survival
      • Fixed an issue where Deadly Duo was not properly increasing the damage of Kill Command.
  • Monk
    • Brewmaster
      • Fixed an issue where Stagger’s effect was incorrectly reduced.
    • Mistweaver
      • Fixed an issue that caused Rapid Diffusion to consume Thunder Focus Tea, Tea of Plenty, and Tea of Serenity Renewing Mist procs.
  • Shaman
    • Mana Spring now restores 200 mana when triggered at level 70 (was 400).
      • Developers’ note: With its changes in 10.0.5, the mana restored by Mana Spring is outperforming similar effects, so its value is being brought down in line with our intent.
  • Warlock
    • Affliction
      • Soul Swap now correctly copies the stack count of Agony.
      • Soul Swap now correctly copies Soul Rot, Phantom Singularity, and Vile Taint.
      • Haunted Soul is no longer canceled when Haunt is Soul Swapped.
      • Soul Swap no longer causes Corruption to damage you if Absolute Corruption is talented.
      • Soul Swap now correctly shows its remaining cooldown after exhaling.
      • Malefic Affliction is now correctly removed when your Unstable Affliction target dies.
      • Soul Rot is now affected by Dread Touch and Mastery: Potent Afflictions.
      • Fixed an issue where Malefic Affliction wouldn’t be granted if Malefic Rapture damage was absorbed.
      • Fixed an issue where Grim Reach was benefitting twice from damage modifiers.
      • Fixed an issue where Inevitable Demise was increasing the damage of Drain Life by an incorrect amount.
      • Fixed an issue where Deathbolt would deal more damage than intended in low level areas.

Dungeons and Raids

• The Nokhud Offensive
    • Balakar Khan
      • Fixed an issue causing Nokhud Stormcasters to sometimes become immune to damage during the encounter.
      • Fixed an issue causing Nokhud Stormcallers around the perimeter of Nokhudon Hold to sometimes become attackable.
      • Fixed an issue causing Nokhud Stormcasters to become attackable before the intermission of the encounter.
  • Vault of the Incarnates
    • Dathea, Ascended
      • [With weekly restarts] Static Discharge damage reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Volatile Infuser health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
    • Kurog Grimtotem
      • [With weekly restarts] Frostwrought Dominator, Earthwrough Smasher, Flamewrought Eradicator, Stormwrought Despoiler, Tectonic Crusher, Frozen Destroyer, Blazing Fiend, and Thundering Ravager health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Earth, Flame, Frost, and Storm Dominance damage reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Shattering, Blistering, Chilling, and Thundering Presence damage reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
    • Raszageth
      • [With weekly restarts] Raszageth’s health reduced by 3% on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Static Charge damage reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Static Charge’s damage is further reduced by distance on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Volatile Spark’s Burst cast time increased to 4.5 seconds on Mythic difficulty (was 3.5 seconds).
      • [With weekly restarts] Volatile Spark now spawn with 3 stacks of Volatile on Mythic difficulty (was 4).
      • [With weekly restarts] Stormsurge’s Shield effect reduced by 10% on Heroic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Volatile Spark’s Burst cast time increased to 6 seconds on Heroic difficulty (was 5 seconds).

Enemies and NPCs

• Fixed an issue where some of the new rare enemies did not have the silver Rare Elite dragon border.

Items and Rewards

• The Tamed Eagle trinket now summons the flying eagle visual effect upon use (was when equipped).
  • Added Apprentice’s Robes and Apprentice’s Boots (Night Elf Mage variant) to Carla Granger.
  • Carla Granger’s Rugged Trapper’s Boots and Battleworn Shoes are now Bind on Equip and can be collected.
  • Fixed an issue where All-Totem of the Master shockwaves could hit additional enemies through floors or other terrain.

Player versus Player

• Evoker
    • Chrono Loop (PvP Talent) can no longer be applied through immunities.
  • Rogue
    • Assassination
      • [With weekly restarts] The amplified form of Numbing Poison as applied by Shiv now has 40% reduced effectiveness in PvP combat.
        • Developers’ note: This was intended to go alongside the PvP change to Numbing Poison earlier in the season.

Professions

• Enchanting
    • Vendors have purchased so many Enchanted Writhebark Wands that they are now offering a lower price for them.
  • Engineering
    • [With weekly restarts] Piece of Scrap is now always granted on successful Tinker usage for specialized engineers (except for Tinker: Arclight Vital Correctors and Tinker: Grounded Circuitry).
    • [With weekly restarts] Tinker: Plane Displacer now lasts between 15 and 18 seconds (was 12 and 18 seconds) and correctly places potions on a 5 minute cooldown (was 10 minutes).
    • [With weekly restarts] Aspects of Tinker and Bomb malfunctions have been redesigned or retuned:
      • Safety Component optional reagents are now always discovered when Tinkers malfunction.
      • Significantly reduced the damage dealt from explosion malfunctions.
      • Success chance no longer scales with Engineering Skill. The amount this granted has been made baseline.
      • Success chance granted from casting item quality has been halved, the amount lost has been made baseline.
      • Success chance granted from Specialization nodes has been doubled.
      • Maximum amount of success chance for Engineers remains unchanged. Non-engineers can achieve a slightly higher value than previously.
      • Tinker: Arclight Vital Correctors now has a slight bonus to success chance for Engineers, with its maximum success chance equal to the Shadowlands variant.
        • Developers’ note: There are multiple avenues of progression to increase your gadget success chance in Dragonflight, and the difference between a newbie Engineer and an experienced tinker is substantial. However, it is clear that the gameplay did not support the fantasy and instead resulted in mostly frustrating experiences. These adjustments are intended to address many of those pain-points while maintaining the feeling of progressive mastery. While we will not be sharing exact values, we would also like to clarify that an Engineer with all 4 Safety specialization nodes and a Quality 3 tinker will reach the maximum success chance and do not need to use the Calibrated Safety Switch optional reagent. We will look for opportunities to make this system more transparent in future patches. Thank you all for your feedback!
  • Jewelcrafting
    • Sundered Onyx Loupe and Chromatic Focus have had their recipe difficulty corrected to their intended values.

Quests

• To make “The Fifth Challenge of Tyr” more enjoyable and group friendly, the following adjustments have been made:
    • The amount of progress awarded for using Irideus’ Power Core on Elite denizens of Tyrhold was increased to 35% (was 20%), meaning that you only need to use it 3 times (was 5).
    • 4 more enemies were added as viable targets for Irideus’ Power Core: Ancient Protector, Phenran, Overloading Defense Matrix, and Overseer Stonetongue.
    • Irideus’ Power Core’s cast time has been reduced to 1.5 second (was 3 seconds).
1 Like

No push back nerf on mythic? Are u guys kidding?

That was not a BUG, that was the best QOL improvement for affi in years!

1 Like

I had an annoying issue which might be old, but it doesn’t happen all the time: I created a group for a rare. Two people applied together (maybe that is relevant - not one solo) and there is this frequent thing that people leave again almost immediately. (Surely this doesn’t work for realm hopping because one is put back in the old shard. Maybe people don’t know.)
Well, they sabotaged my group. I invited them, they left seconds later, and my manually created custom group was gone.

UPDATE: My group delisting just happens seemingly randomly, every now and then. Even had it happen twice in one group, IIRC a Feast one. No, not reaching cap. That would have notified me anyway.

January 31, 2023

Auction House

• The Mobile Auction House now properly displays Dragonflight enchantments.

Dungeons and Raids

• Algeth’ar Academy
    • Crawth
      • Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause Crawth to not appear after defeating the gauntlet.
  • Mythic+
    • The Nokhud Offensive
      • Fixed an issue that caused Quaking to apply to players during Blakar Khan’s Static Spear effect.

Quests

• Ohn’ahran Plains
    • Fixed some issues to prevent “Field of Ferocity: Redux Master of the Hunt” fights from permanently getting stuck in an unusable state.
1 Like

Bug; I approached the WQ at WS far northwest, flew through a loot ring at high speed and the game immediately put me back at my hearth location! Luckily I had just pitched my tent at Dragonbane Keep, so I could get back relatively quickly.
On returning it had not counted any rings yet.

February 1, 2023

Classes

• Evoker
    • Fixed an issue where some Echoes could occasionally not be consumed by spell casts.

Dungeons and Raids

• Vault of the Incarnates
    • Fixed an issue preventing players from returning to other areas of the raid when returning to an instance with Broodkeeper Diurna already defeated.
    • Kalecgos now summons a portal that will return players to the raid entrance after Broodkeeper Diurna has been defeated.
  • Mythic+
    • Completing a Mythic 21 or higher dungeon, but exceeding the target time, now awards Mythic+ Rating as if the dungeon were a Mythic 20.
      • Developers’ note: We award partial Mythic Rating credit for untimed dungeons (up to 40% over the target time) to recognize the skill and effort involved, and to encourage groups to stick together even if it seems like they’re going to fall a bit short of the timer. But at the very high end of the system, we’ve heard feedback that sometimes the surest path to further incremental Rating increases lies in seeking out keys a group may have no hope of clearing within the timer. We don’t want to change the way the system works for the vast majority of players who are working their way towards new Valor upgrade tiers, or cosmetic unlocks, but past the Mythic 20 threshold, there are no further tangible rewards other than the leaderboards and eventual end-of-season competition for the Thundering Hero title. The goal of this change is thus to ensure that the way to climb the leaderboards and earn a title meant for the best Mythic+ players in the world is by successfully completing dungeons within the allotted time, without negatively impacting the majority of players using the system. When this change takes effect, some players who are just barely at 2400 rating, with some of that rating coming from untimed 21+ keys, may drop below 2400 and need to re-earn that Rating in order to continue to upgrade new items to Rank 13.

Items and Rewards

• Fixed an issue where certain item upgrade previews would display higher item levels than intended.

Player versus Player

• Druid
    • Feral
      • Fixed an issue that could cause Leader of the Pack to not always apply correctly to the character while in Cat Form.
  • Mage
    • Frost
      • Fixed an issue where Snowdrift would inconsistently be applied on elevated terrain.

Quests

• Fixed an issue where Benthic gear could not be upgraded preventing the completion of “Create Your Own Strength.”

System

• Fixed an issue that caused performance decreases when using certain addons.
1 Like