“Stay a While”: A Look Inside the Quest

“Stay a While”: A Look Inside the Quest

Dragonflight introduced a variety of quests to draw players into the beauty and wonder of the Dragon Isles, but one has stood out among the many—"Stay Awhile.” We take a moment to look at the genesis of this quest and how it evolved into the quiet moment of remembrance so many players love.

View Full Article

10 Likes

Stop verbally abusing underpaid community managers, you nasty boy with questionable hygiene roleplaying as a hot female blood elf with next to no clothes on.

7 Likes

Personally i loved this quest and just yesterday i repeated it with an alt. The OST of the zone is stunning and just feels good for once sitting , looking at the beautiful landscape and listen to a good story. Gj never thought they would have taken this so seriously glad it is not a coincidence they achieved this good moment.

6 Likes

lol.

When I did this quest I was totally looking in the opposite direction. Didn’t even realise I was supposed to look at the scenery.

just clicked the tabs to get the XP (I can’t even remember if there was any).

I’ll try to do it 25 times.
When I get there :smirk:

Cheers.

That was so far my favorite quest in Dragonflight. It actually tells a compelling and interesting story. It really hit the nail as it should.

4 Likes

I have never commented on a wow forum before, but I just wanted to say thanks. This small, somber quest was a truly profound reminder to me as a on/off player since 2006 to just how much depth and soul the people behind the scenes put into this ‘game’. Like many others I merely stumbled across this npc, not thinking too much of it. But he made me sit down, listen, think, and reflect on just how vast the story you’re telling really is. A welcome moment of calm, not just in-game, but in our lives.

Sencerely

Your average player

5 Likes

I dont care about Dragonflight. I hate dragons.
I just sit on some cool old zone and solo-queue for stuff.

Im doing the “Elders” achievements right now and go around the world and I noticed how many cool-looking old zones and places there are in this game. Way way better than the new DF stuff.

1 Like

The only thing I know about this quest, is my friend telling me: don’t do it. So I skipped it, might have to visit the guy now!

In terms of experience or rewards is worthless, still although questing in general is just a grind with little storetelling and more of a chore, there are plenty of questlines that are worth doing like the battle of the undercity even if the are no rewards because of how important they are for lore and the job that was put into them. As MMO players we often disregard the content that doesn’t provide gear or character improvement, but having fun or collecting experiences is the most important thing.

For example i’d delete all of my gear for re-experiencing my first character dinged to 60 and most of my fond memories come from the vanilla era, not defeating any raid boss or getting a rare piece of gear (to be fair i still remember the rush of the first epic i got from a stranglethorn raptor even if it was sold a few levels after) i recovered my old hdd from the period and watched the screenshots… almost made me cry of the memories that erupted.

You know it’s getting bad in the lore department when an old dwarf reminiscing is the highlight of the expansion.

How to make fool of self in one sentence 101.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.