WoW Hotfixes - Updated 18 April

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

March 28, 2023

Classes

• Druid

• Balance
      • Updated the Denizen of the Dream Faerie Dragons to reduce how often they unintentionally engage enemies. They will now enter stealth or invisibility if the caster does, and they now spawn closer to the caster.
      • Starfall damage increased by 13%.
      • Starfall no longer deals damage once when it is first cast.
        • Developers’ note: The above changes address a bug. Starfall deals damage once when initially applied. When it is refreshed, it updates the existing Starfall instead of creating a new instance. Thus, those subsequent Starfall casts do not get the damage of the initial hit. This change removes the initial hit and adds the damage it would deal across all Starfall’s other ticks. As a player, you will notice slightly more delay before Starfall deals damage, but its damage overall will be increased when cast multiple times.
  • Paladin

• Fixed an issue causing Divine Purpose to sometimes be incorrectly consumed by an Afterimage trigger.
    • Fixed an issue causing Fading Light to sometimes apply an absorb with no value.
  • Priest

• Holy
      • Fixed a bug causing Symbol of Hope to reduce the cooldown of both Divine Protection and Shield of Vengeance for Retribution Paladins. It will now only reduce the cooldown of Divine Protection.
    • Shadow
      • Addressed an issue causing Mind Blasts queued after a Mind Spike to not properly reduce the cast time of Mind Blast with Mind Melt talented.

Player versus Player

• Classes
    • Mage
      • Fixed an issue that caused Frozen Orb’s duration to be longer or shorter than intended.
    • Priest
      • Shadow
        • Fixed an issue causing Psyfiend to be usable during Dispersion.
    • Warlock
      • Affliction
        • Fixed an issue causing Soul Swap Exhale to bypass spell reflection and spell redirect mechanics. The initial cast of Soul Swap will continue to bypass these effects.
1 Like

still nothing on class hall problems ?

March 29, 2023

Classes

• Druid
    • Fixed an issue causing Ursoc’s Fury to generate an incorrect absorb value.
  • Monk
    • Mistweaver
      • Fixed an issue that caused the additional Tiger Palm from Awakened Faeline to sometimes not cast while changing facing or moving out of melee range.
  • Paladin
    • Fixed an issue causing some Paladins to fail to obtain their Charger.
  • Priest
    • Shadow
      • Fixed an issue causing Idol of Y’Shaarj to not trigger its Enrage removal effect against creatures affected by Enrage from the Raging Affix in Mythic+ Dungeons.
  • Warlock
    • Affliction
      • Fixed an issue where Soul Flame damage did not match the amount described in the tooltip.
3 Likes

I would like to express my opinion on the continuous changes on the Hunter BM class which are clearly far-fetched. On March 8th the buffs related to 25% damage for the barbed shout and 20% for the kill command were announced but subsequently denied by reducing them by 12% ​​and 10% respectively. The legendary bow is also nerfed. Subsequently, the bm hunter is subjected to yet another nerf of 10% of the kill command.
I am astonished by these changes and I don’t understand why the developers don’t make this class competitive like others such as Dh.Shammy enh,Pala Retry,lock destruction etc. It is undeniable that the Hunter bm is not at all competitive in Aoe compared to other classes and it is very frustrating to be invited to pug for 22 keys. Not to mention the issue of defensive cds that are not up to par with those of other game classes. Me, as a player who has been playing Wow for many years I would like the developers to take the problem of the hunter class seriously because many people complain about it and the developers seem not to perceive the negative feedback. And this, in my opinion, is very serious and not a case the Hunter Bm has been placed in the tier set list D, precisely because it is a class left to itself without correct modifications being made which make it a competitive class compared to the other classes. I hope that the above written is from warning for timely interventions by the developers rather than proceeding with the usual and useless weakening that preclude the pleasure of playing onwner class.
Thanks for the attention

Hello, thx for the bug fixing, much appreciated :slight_smile: Could we have a little more details about this fix :

• Druid
    • Fixed an issue causing Ursoc’s Fury to generate an incorrect absorb value.

After the fix, will the absorb increase, decrease or did it fix a very specific problem that we are unlikely to encounter on a regular basis ? Thanks !

March 30, 2023

Classes

• Warlock
    • Affliction
      • Fixed an issue where Soul-Eater’s Gluttony would not reduce the cooldown of Soul Rot if damage was absorbed.
    • Demonology
      • Fixed an issue where Umbral Blaze’s damage would not increase with a second rank.

Items and Rewards

• Fixed an issue where the Phoenix Wishwing pet would not properly appear in the pet journal.
1 Like

my class hall issues are fixed , thanks

March 31, 2023

Classes

• Paladin
    • Holy
      • Fixed an issue that caused the cooldowns of Judgment and Crusader Strike to not be reduced by Avenging Crusader.
1 Like

April 3, 2023

Classes

• Evoker
    • Fixed an issue causing Ancient Flame to incorrectly be consumed by instant-cast Living Flames, such as from the Burnout talent or Lifespark set bonus.
  • Paladin
    • Fixed an issue with the timing of Eye of Tyr’s floating combat text.

Player versus Player

• Classes
    • Paladin
      • Fixed an issue causing Retribution Aura to trigger from incorrect amounts of incoming damage.
      • [With weekly restarts] Judgments of the Pure (PvP Talent) now causes Judgment casts on an enemy to cleanse 1 Poison, Disease, and Magic effect they have caused on you (was allies within your aura).
        • Developers’ note: With Judgment’s cast frequency increasing in patch 10.0.7, Judgments of the Pure has been overperforming as a PvP talent. In a hotfix being applied this upcoming Tuesday, the talent will only apply to the Paladin and no longer have its effect applicable to allies.

Quests

• Heritage
    • During “The New Clessington Estate,” Cecilia Clessington will no longer accuse the player of smelling like rotten blubber when provoked.
  • Ohn’ahran Plains
    • Fixed an issue causing some players to be unable to interact with the Waygate at the Shady Sanctuary.
    • The “Waygate Travel” debuff received from using the waygates will now continue to expire while the player is offline.
1 Like

When are you fixing Ret paladin in PvP?

It needs a COMPLETE overhaul in PvP.

It has ruined the game for many people, look at the statistics for 3s.

For context, in the last 24 hours there was 6,192 Ret paladin games.

The total amount of games for DK, DH, feral, balance druid, devastation evoker, hunter, all 3 mage specs, ww, shadow priest, ele shaman, enhance shaman and all 3 rogue specs is 4,899.

You think these numbers are okay? It’s absurd.

It is simply impossible to play 3s currently if you aren’t a Ret or play with a Ret, Ret/war and Ret/demo (probably Ret hunter after the change to judgement of the pure) are literally 99% of games.

I watched a streamer yesterday at 2.5 play Ret war rsham and out of 42 games all 42 had a Ret paladin.

If you think this is okay then I don’t know what to say to you.

There has never been a spec more dominant than this, it goes past the meta, it isn’t the ‘favorable’ way to play as it’s the only way to play.

I was farming glad wins pre Ret buff, I’m now 2.2(dropped 300 rating) because I don’t play with a Ret, the game is completely unplayable, yes I’ve unsubbed but I enjoy(ed) the game and want to get glad again this season for the mount.

Blizzard, there has been a lot of mistakes this season, we had weeks of not being able to queue every Wednesday on EU, we’ve had bugs such as retribution aura 100% uptime, deathbolt hitting for 2 million+ due to legacy scaling for locks, we’ve had a class dominant meta(assa rogues) but nothing comes close to this.

Fix rets and give people a fair shot at glad again this season.

Absolutely important and necessary hotfix, I’m so glad Blizzard has its priorities in order.

It should be 1 poison disease OR magic effect and needs to have cd for at least 10s or something how many times i need to cast immolate vs ret in a single game this is absurd …and whats up with that non stop unrelenting dps do you even play ur own game ?

Who got offended

April 4, 2023

Classes

• Hunter
    • Marksmanship
      • Fixed an issue where the Find The Mark buff effect could be consumed by Wind Arrows rather than Aimed Shot.
  • Paladin
    • Fixed an issue with Blessing of Dawn’s tracking.
  • Priest
    • Holy
      • Resolved an issue causing Holy Word: Salvation to not be castable during Divine Ascension nor have its ranged increased by Divine Ascension.

Dungeons and Raids

• Temple of the Jade Serpent
    • Sha of Doubt
      • Fixed an issue that caused Nothingness to not properly scale.
  • Vault of the Incarnates
    • Raszageth
      • Raszageth’s health reduced by 5% on Mythic difficulty.
      • Reduced the push effect of Hurricane Wing by 5% on Mythic difficulty.
      • Intermission 1
        • Surging Ruiner health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
        • Oathsworn Vanguard health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
        • Stormseeker Acolyte health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
        • Flamesworn Herald health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
        • Frostforged Zealot health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
      • Intermission 2
        • Colossal Stormfiend health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
        • Electrified Colossal Stormfiend health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
        • Seeking Stormling health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
1 Like

April 5, 2023

Classes

• Paladin
    • Retribution
      • All damage reduced by 3%.
      • Instrument of Retribution duration reduced to 9 seconds (was 12 seconds).
      • Fading Light - Blessing of Dusk causes your Holy Power generating abilities to also grant an absorb shield for 3% of damage or healing dealt (was 10%).
      • Aegis of Protection increases the value of Shield of Vengeance by 10% (was 20%).
      • Shield of Vengeance duration reduced to 10 seconds (was 15 seconds).
      • Lightforged Blessing now heals you and your party for 2% of maximum health (was 3%).
      • Developers’ notes: Retribution Paladins have been overperforming both offensively and defensively, so we’re making some adjustments here to bring them more in line with our intentions. Additionally, we have a hotfix coming at a later date related to Execution Sentence and its unintended interactions with various damage boosts.
1 Like

April 6, 2023

Classes

• Warlock
    • Affliction
      • Resolved an issue causing Corruption with Absolute Corruption to not be properly reflected back to the Warlock when using Soul Swap Exhale into a spell reflection effect.

Enemies and NPCs

• Rare enemies in the Forbidden Reach now drop Storm Sigils.

Items and Rewards

• Clockwork Azshara will no longer engage in combat.
1 Like

April 7, 2023

Classes

• Druid
    • Fixed a bug requiring players to shift out and back into Bear Form in order to cast Thrash after having entered certain instances.
  • Monk
    • Fixed an issue that allowed Touch of Death to be cast on targets at a higher health threshold than intended.
  • Paladin
    • Retribution
      • Execution Sentence’s functionality has changed due to it not working in certain situations as expected. The payoff portion of Execution Sentence will no longer receive damage modifiers. To compensate for this, 30% (up from 20%) of the damage you deal during Execution Sentence is now accumulated and dealt as damage when Execution Sentence triggers.
1 Like

I think you broke ES atm. It has no base damage and for me it deals 25% of the damage I deal during the debuff. From your wording removal of base damage does not seem intentional.

what is the class hall issue?

it’s been fixed