[UPDATED 8 JUNE] Introducing the Community Discords Program!

So, literally taken, you are right. They won’t sue us on a court.

With this statement:

“THIS AGREEMENT INCORPORATES BY REFERENCE THE BLIZZARD CODE OF CONDUCT AVAILABLE AT https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/000256989 (“Code of Conduct”), PRIVACY POLICY (“Privacy Policy”), AND BLIZZARD END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (“EULA”) BOTH AVAILABLE AT https://www.blizzard.com/legal (collectively, “Terms”). TO THE EXTENT THAT THE EULA CONTAINS A BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER IN THE SECTION TITLED “DISPUTE RESOLUTION.” THIS AFFECTS EACH PROGRAM MEMBER’S RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO ANY “DISPUTE” BETWEEN THE PROGRAM MEMBER AND BLIZZARD AND MAY REQUIRE THE RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES IN BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, WITH LIMITED DISCOVERY AND LIMITED APPELLATE REVIEW, AND NOT IN COURT. PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE EULA, INCLUDING THE ARBITRATION REQUIREMENT, CAREFULLY. PROGRAM MEMBERS SHALL BE CONSIDERED PARTIES TO AND THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES OF THE EULA, SUCH THAT IF A BLIZZARD USER WHO IS SUBJECT TO THE EULA ATTEMPTS TO ASSERT CLAIMS AGAINST A PROGRAM MEMBER ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT, THOSE CLAIMS MUST BE RESOLVED PURSUANT TO THE EULA. IN THE EVENT OF ANY INCONSISTENCY BETWEEN ANY TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND TERMS, THE TERMS SHALL PREVAIL.”

they allow themselves to take it to an arbitrator of their choice, not a legal court, but the arbitrator’s decision is legally binding. There is no court or jury judging about it.

2 Likes

I haven’t blamed anyone. I even state in that quote that it would have been better served in plain English.

Noone are disagreeing on that point. We are disagreeing with your outlook as this contract being a good thing for the communities or the players in general. We argue this whole project seems off at best, if not exploitative at worst. You argue that is all fine - because it is voluntary to sign up for.

The moment blizzard thought it was a great idea to come in with a binding legal contract - that requires a lawyer team to break up and understand. On top of that being an ever changing contract, being revised and updated by blizzard at will… Things would go south fast.

Yeah, if they are not trying to act in bad faith. They for sure are not trying to act otherwise.

Blizzard here totally forgot they are communicating with the community at large, not another company.

2 Likes

Only you decided I said it was all fine because it was voluntary. I merely pointed out that no community is obliged to join in and clearly from some posts above, some communities have decided they don’t want it. That does not make it a bad or good initiative.

yes this is the problem.

you’re trying so hard right now it looks extra funny. saying ‘‘you are not obliged’’ is almost equal to ‘‘don’t play the game if you don’t like it’’ it’s ridiculous.

it does. all the current feedback is negative which makes it a bad initiative but disregarding community’s feedback when it’s not like what you want is such a wow player behaviour.

Hello everyone!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback on the Community Discord Program legal agreement! Please rest assured that we have read each reply and understand your concerns.

It is not our intention to control conversations on community Discord servers. The intentions is quite the opposite.

We’re reviewing the agreement now and will post here once it’s updated.

11 Likes

I’m trying?!? Coming from the person who constantly engages me and quotes me?!!?

My opinion, my personal opinion is that this is a positive initiative. You are free to disagree, but apparently it is upsetting for me not to have the same opinion.

Even when I understand that the contract is causing confusion I’m still being lamblasted for it. Not all the things people think the contract says is what it says. That is down to Blizz to clarify or make easier to read. But that does not make me a bad person for pointing out that some things aren’t as bad as people are making out.

And while posting this reply I can see Blizz are taking the feedback on board.

1 Like

THANK YOU for listening to players ! can’t for the renewed version.

see, even they noticed that it was problematic, but we all have our own opinions ofc.

1 Like

Thank you for this communication.

Looking forward to seeing what comes.

So the things that I have been saying!!! That the contract is confusing!!!

I’m amazed you managed to twist that. :rofl:

no it’s not about confusement you still support what you said earlier under the word ''confusing ‘’ like i said, we ,players, found it unnecessarily legalised and they took our feedback, i think they’re doing fine on communication these days , no one needs your constant blatant support but again, we all do what we want to do so let’s just ignore each other on the forums to make it a better place for both of us :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

sorry but that was exactly your intention.

you just didnt expect such backlash

because unlike enforced cenzorship in wow under threat of in game bans , people dont have to use external blizzard discord servers to play wow.

9 Likes

Member agreement says otherwise…

8 Likes

its not about this being problemagic. its about stright breaking many EU laws.

1 Like

i didn’t want to say that directly because i don’t know what do eu laws say about these. my country is not in the eu so i’m a bit clueless.

You should be a politician. I literally wrote that the contract is confusing, it’s too much legalese, they should have written it in basic English. And still you’re trying to make out I said something else.

Unpopular attempt

Sure getting sued and banned for criticism is the way to go. Sure you can’t speak up against blizz because of your green status but at least you could just not join a conversation if nothing useful is added :smiley:

3 Likes

The fact of the situation is that when it comes to the class community discords its very unlikely that any of them would be willing to sign up to such a contract. They are able to understand the ramifications of signing such a contract and have decided its simply not in their interest to sign up to this program.

If other communities are willing to sign up then thats entirely up to them and I personally wish them the best of luck. But if the idea was to try and entice the class forum community to sign up to this program then simply it will not achieve its goal

1 Like