Dragonflight Season 2 Master Achievement Temporarily Disabled

Who thought that putting PvE and PvP pieces on the same vendor was a great idea… Ofc I bought a PvE one. Is there any chance for mark restoration so I can buy “useful” piece. I don’t play PvE at all and it would be a shame to lose my achievment reward.

Theres a surprise. Not like it has not happened every season. Christ only knows who supposedly test this prior to release.

Did you try doing more dmg and dying less?
or as blizzard said
Struggling with a tough foe?
Remember, just keep your Health above 0 while lowering your enemy’s Health to 0. Works every time!

This problem has not been resolved yet. We just completed KSM and all of us did not get the item reward.

Edit: Getting curve afterwards still does not reward you with the token.

Confirm, the bug is indeed not fixed

It should be safe to earn the achievement now and collect your reward. Anyone who’s earned the achievement prior to this fix will earn their reward early next week.

I Almost did that error too,thing is,its blizzard we dealing with so next time double check what you clicking.

I dont know who thinks “next week” is acceptable, but it isnt.

2 Likes

Hello , we are 4 to get 2k io but didn’t get it.
1 evok dps missing 1 token for 4P ( so the omni token )
1 evok heal missing 1 token for 2P
1 Ret paly missing 1 token for 2P
1 DH ( first token so it’s ok )
you can’t fix the problem then let the ppl who DIDNT GET token wait 1 week !
fu** our progress raid ?
fu** our progress MM+ ?
Are we paying 12€ per month for this service ?

Not even hours / day only " early next week "

you need to fix that and give our token today we are paying , its not that much player who get achivement and didn’t get reward ! work on that please. It’s not normal at all

1 Like

Like I get it’s annoying, but it’s week 1…

did the same thing :frowning: please let me know if they help you :smiley:

Bugs happen they’re working on fixing it. No need to be a baby about it

Ofc not. What did you expect? They told me that there is “information that you can return it in 2 hours”. Of couse I wore is first so it’s useless. I cannot restore it and they cannot replace it for me. I replied that this is not acceptable and why in first place they put both on the same vendor. Then I got response that customer service is not responsible for the game design and they cannot help.

The quality of customer service went downhill. I remember back in the days (Wrath-Legion) you’d get whisper from GM a quick chat and he would assist you in the best way possible ending conversation with a GM joke. I remember back in the days I won a roll in Dragon Soul and someone ninja stole the mount. I made a ticket and the same day after checking chat GM sent one to me on my mailbox. Nowadays 0 chance for it. That was Blizzard I miss.

Actually getting punished for doing stuff efficient and quick. People should not have to wait until “early next week” to get their reward. It should be handed to them quickly. Now, we cannot even get the tier piece from other activities and have to wait until Blizzard says we are allowed to receive the item. Kinda vile :clown_face:

2 Likes

Any Update on this?

Well after more than 15 request , talking to support. My friend did it too they don’t say all the same thing : one say " they can’t do anything , the other one say " we need dev to say YES for doing something " ,
We got next week , then " next reset "
And even worst i got an answer where they told me " making request of something already fix can make you banned "
Actualy still not got my token , but now admin is telling me i can got banned for be angry cuz i didn’t get it.
Is it a joke ?
I screenshot the answer i have nowhere to place it but it’s just from another world ngl

Thanks for ruining our content ,
Thanks for ruining our progress
Thanks for this Dev team pretty bad
Thanks for the support team who can’t do anything and say they are gonna ban you if you continue.

And Thanks to answere on this post to all ppl not happy , oh wait they don’t care.

any ETA on “early this week”?

The answer to this issue by blizzard team is unbelievable. I’d lose all my trust in this company, if I had any left at this point.

So they’re on minus rep?

Hey, I just got the Keystone Master Achievement and got no Draconic Mark of Mastery :(, Please help.