Blues News: 19 May, 2023

Blues News: 19 May, 2023

Stay up to date with World of Warcraft when you join us each week as we round up some of the latest top blue posts and discussions.

View Full Article

2 Likes

I disagree, it allows people behind to continue not to learn their class or dungeons by getting free boosts ā€¦ never a good thing imho.

Iā€™ve also tried to come back late for seasons, itā€™s never been a problem, because i dont build my groups around 4 people who can do the dungeons without me being there.

1 Like

Trueā€¦ You donā€™t pick up on much while everyone else is just melting everything and every mechanic around you. But when you increase in keys. And you suddenly are up to par with everyone elses level.

You get your trail by fire donā€™t you xD Most people learn fast at that point.

Its a problem for those of us who donā€™t have guilds or donā€™t have the social skills to make friendsā€¦ Who rely on pugs to get our game play.

Thats not me anymore for the record! But I was thereā€¦ And its soul killing having to wait for 30-45 minutes to get a group up. That may or may not wipe or have people leave. Only to repeat the whole thing again.

Thatā€™s not my experience, i admit iā€™m biased but stillā€¦

Have you considered the reason this happens, could be because people are boosted to key levels they have no business doing?

Every time, one of the ā€œbetterā€ players, joins a key of a person doing SL levels of damage, weā€™re giving them a key thatā€™s even higher and letting 4 other people deal with him/herā€¦
That person doesnā€™t learn, he/she just gets boosted.

1 Like

I just donā€™t think most casuals are able to afford such boosts. They costs houndreds of thousands of gold to buy. And to get such a score and ilvl relying on only that?

Youā€™d have to be the biggest richest whale all WoW has ever seen.

I think its a missconception. That it is all just ā€˜ā€˜that easyā€™ā€™ to get that score and that ilvl for so many players to have done this. to it becoming this much of an issueā€¦

I think some people surely do this. But I canā€™t apply this to a casual level of doing it so to speak.

Maybe I am naive and green >< And allot of people actually do this. But god dangā€¦ Spend your money on something else!

I donā€™t mean theyā€™re buying boosts, itā€™s their key, they list itā€¦ And it getā€™s filled with high IO players because they need the easy quick Valor/Crests.

End result, they get boosted for freeā€¦

I know me and the people i generally play with have done this hundred of times over the expansionsā€¦ Join a low key, +3 that and it getā€™s turned into another key that drops a silly item one of us could use, +3 that, maybe even a 3rd keyā€¦ and the guy is left with a +14 key for example, while his play is barely fit for doing 2sā€¦

And now he gets to ruin 4 random peoples day in a 14, while heā€™s doing 30k overall ā€¦

As i said, iā€™ve done this hundred of times over the last 3 expansionsā€¦ People i know do this every time itā€™s worth farming lower level dungeonsā€¦ It happens so much ā€¦
And the high IO players quickly get what they want, and then leave to do their own thingā€¦
And leave the lower key levels a complete mess because of it.

1 Like

I see <.<ā€¦ Well. Thats just the nature of m+ and WoW i would sayā€¦

We who make our own key have the power. And of course we select the highest score and Ilvls to our groups to do our keysā€¦

A matchmaking group finder for m+ would solve this though :x With an Algorythm to find like scored players and keys to our own level. One blood lust user maybe during tyrannical weeks?

But as long as we the players can do this. I donā€™t think there is away around this. HOWEVER!

Even with this being the case. ā€˜ā€˜boostedā€™ā€™ players like you pictured them would eventually catch up to the keys their Ilvl and score. And the trial by fire cannot be avoided. And they will learn really fast and really hard xP

I 100% agreeā€¦ But that ties back to the original postsā€¦
I think bliz should try and make the gearing system in such a way, that thereā€™s nothing to gain for high IO players to do the low keys.

I do think that would reduce the toxicity that people experienceā€¦ It would be tough at the start for some people, that will find it harder to get free boosts, but it would also be a way better experience for people doing low to mid keys ā€¦

Thatā€™s just my opinion at least :slight_smile: And why i think blizzard should look at the issue as they stated they were.

They will indeed hit a wall, i just want them to hit that wall with people at the same level as them so they can learn together.

Not ruin 4 other peoples day 4-5 times, until the key is low enough that itā€™s at their level again, or they pick up another group that can boost the key without issues.

Only solution i see is to make a Group finder for all. That matches you up with equal scored people. With some ilvl variations.

We got to think about making m+ and dungeons a good experience too. That makes people want to play them and have fun too.

And not a ā€˜ā€˜Am I good enough for this? Iā€™d rather notā€¦ā€™ā€™ feelingā€¦

Then again I am just a naive green Vulpera :stuck_out_tongue: I dont have the answers. Just shooting from the hip here

Well, i donā€™t quite have the answer either :stuck_out_tongue: I just think itā€™s a good start to not make it advantages for high IO people to run low level dungeons.

Either way, was a fun discussion, i am starving, and gonna go get myself some dinner now :slight_smile:

1 Like

It not allows anything, mechanical knowledge always a personal problem, what it really allows is filling up lower keys, otherwise without this system players who joined later in the season wonā€™t be able to reg lower keys. I joined in late middle of season 1 and thank god I could just add ā€œvalor farmā€ to description of my group and bams I have invites

Even before the valor unlock it was no problem getting groups for 2s or 4sā€¦ i had no problems on my altsā€¦ only thing that changed with valor unlock was that now people with 2500 io signed up for the +2, instead of people with 0 score or very littleā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.