Wrath Arena season 6 did not end in time (Europe)

Hello

As stated in the link below arena season 6 should’ve ended 30th May 22:00 CET (21:00 BST) but it didn’t, people could still keep queueing after 22:00 and cutoffs were changed because of this.

Ofcourse Blizzard don’t let me post a link here so instead goole " This Week in WoW: 15 May 2023" and click the first link to find the official post about what time arena season 6 should’ve ended.

Can people here confirm that you in fact were able to queue after 22:00 and it did not end in time as stated above? Apparently Blizzard doesn’t seem interested in this matter because there’s not enough reports and instead encourages me to post on the forums.

I’m not sure how long after you could queue but I would say it was closer to 22:30 at least. I have screenshots myself of my alt being played by me at 22:12 CET for example.

This is correct. Due to a bug, Arena games were recorded for an additional 22 minutes beyond the intended 22:00 cutoff.

Fortunately, we can adjust the calculations for this. Players whose rating changed after 22:00 will soon see the results of that fix.

1 Like

Please can you as well explain why the heck we have to wait 3 weeks for the next season to start ?

Because business.

Why revert it? Let the games count

3 Likes

Clearly it was not intended to end AFTER 22:00 so either the games shouldn’t count or they should give titles to everyone who was in range at 22:00 and perhaps for the ones who were in range after 22:00 as well.

Most of the playerbase stopped playing at 22:00, would be interesting to see a graph of active arena games before and after 22:00.

It’s the game… what “bug” is it? You let people play after 22h, the results are what they are now assume and do with… it’s just 22 minutes

2 Likes

They didn’t let people play after 22, it was not intended, i.e bug. But as Blizzard stated here it will be fixed. So no need to discuss futher.

I am a little concern regarding the decision to cancel the results achieved by players who participated in Season 6 during the extra time provided BY THE GAME. Penalizing players for utilizing the opportunity that was explicitly OFFERED to them is unfair and undermines the principles of fairness and sportsmanship.

During the extended period, players invested time and effort, strategizing, and pushing their limits to improve their rankings. Cancelling their hard-earned progress nullifies their dedication and diminishes the value of their efforts and achievements.

It is so crucial to recognize that players based their decisions on the information provided by the game. The extension of the season influenced their choices and motivations. Retroactively penalizing them for their involvement creates uncertainty and erodes trust between we players and developers.

Instead of punishing players, I urge you to explore alternative solutions that maintain fairness while acknowledging their efforts during the extra time. Adjusting rankings or applying additional rules can help ensure balance without discarding the progress achieved.

The integrity of the game depend on providing a healthy player/developer relationship and that require consistency and transparency. By Finding a compromise that honors the dedication and achievements of players, we can strengthen the bond within the community that I’m sure of.

Thank you for your attention. I kindly request that you consider working towards a solution that upholds fairness and respects the accomplishments of those who participated in this extended season.

Sincerely,

3 Likes

Can we talk about the offseason being an unprecedented 3 weeks long?

1 Like

“During the extended period, players invested time and effort, strategizing, and pushing their limits to improve their rankings. Cancelling their hard-earned progress nullifies their dedication and diminishes the value of their efforts and achievements.”

As for the invested time you and effort you’re talking about the 22 minutes right? Provided by a bug?

You never thought about the people playing hundreds if not thousands of games throughout the whole season to have their title dismissed because of a bug? Compare this time to the 22 minutes you’re talking about.

You’re also mentioning strategy here. How much strategy is involved in the 22 minutes? Surely people didn’t count for this to happen and planned to push after 22:00.

I have effectively made my point: it is not a matter of 22 minutes, 2 hours or even 2days. Rather it’s the principles at stake that players should not be held accountable for engaging in the game, even if a bug is present. The player cannot anticipate a bug and can only presume that it is intentional. Therefore, the advantage gained from the additional time played should not be disregarded, since it was not an act of cheating.

2 Likes

Its not like its our fault, those blue muppets ended seasons early for europe previously, because all money goes to bobbys yacht and they cant afford clocks or calendars … so if season lasts for 20 more minutes, how am I supposed to know if its intentional or some donkey forgot to push the button …

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.