Embrace the Winds of Sanctuary

Embrace the Winds of Sanctuary

It’s a great time to return to World of Warcraft, level a new character, or catch up on Renown as the Winds of Sanctuary blow into Azeroth.

View Full Article

5 Likes

Is the XP buff even working?

Usually when the quest says 1000xp and you turn it in, it would say “Experience gained: 1500”, historically. Now it just increases by the amount on the quest, which doesn’t seem right.

If the quest simply says it’s giving more XP than normal, and it does, that imo is the best way of doing it.

If nothing is happening that’s obviously bugged.

Nope not working for me. Did a few WQ in ZC this morning and gave me the usual 75.

I agree that if the buff is applied to the xp shown on the quest, but there’s no way to know without knowing the previous xp on the quest. That’s not historically how it worked, but I hope it’s like that now, otherwise it isn’t working and they’ve hoodwinked us yet again.

I mean ideally the quest should show eg 1000XP + X% bonus or something like that.

But yeah if it’s just straight up not working that’s bad.

EDIT: Also don’t show the buff as a buff icon. Put it on the launcher or advertise it some other way.

1 Like

This buff isn’t even working?

2 Likes

you need to pretend it works.

2 Likes

seems to be working now. Got the XP and the buff icon is now showing as of 11.10 am

It’s just a visual buff atm. It doesn’t actually do what it says.

Stated exp gain on the PTR where the buff isn’t active for doing a TW dungeon: 85650

Stated exp gain on live: 85650.

Should say 128k something if it actually gives +50% exp.

edit: Upon looking it up on wowhead…

Holy…

What ARE they doing.

The buff doesn’t actually grant you +50% exp.

It grants you +50% exp from killing monsters or doing quests. Which means if you’re doing pvp the exp buff is non-existent, if you’re doing dungeons you’re only getting increased exp from killing the mobs and the end-of-dungeon exp reward doesn’t get buffed.

1 Like

Where does it say that?

I don’t even think it’s working with quests. I’m about to make a PTR character to compare the difference, because it feels exactly the same as before.

Effect #1 Apply Aura: Mod Experience Gained % (Quests too)
Value: 50%
PVP Multiplier: 1

Effect #2 Apply Aura: Mod Experience Gained % (mob kills only)

That it’s only working on quests & killing mobs makes sense considering the low values for dungeon reward.

Why is it -50% from all Rep first then adding +50% for all rep? That means the net gain is 0% for rep?

Effect #3 Apply Aura: Mod All Reputation Gained by % (2564)
Value: -50%

Effect #4 Apply Aura: Mod All Reputation Gained by %

Me resubbing just for this dumb buff and Timewalking

:clown_face: :clown_face:

I have 6 class that are like lvl 50, time to level these babies and then I’ve completed the game. lets gooo!!

Remains to be seen if it actually grants increased exp from that. I’m doing a TW on my alt priest so will report back soon.

1 Like

Inshallah :palms_up_together: :palms_up_together:

Well, this doesn’t add up to +50% on the 86500 it says on the UI, so idk if it’s actually working on end of dungeon reward or not. With this rate it needs like 3 dungeons for a level.

That would be 129,750 so you’re actually getting too much.

:crazy_face: oh well

Enjoy

I did some testing on the PTR with a level 16 character in Westfall. It seems like quest XP is increased, rep too, but mob kills are less? Very weird.

PTR without buff

Level 16 Riverpaw gnoll at level 16 gives 190xp

“Hot On the Trail: The Riverpaw Clan” quest at level 16 gives 2250 xp and 250 rep

Live with buff

Level 16 Riverpaw gnoll at level 16 gives 143xp

“Hot On the Trail: The Riverpaw Clan” quest at level 16 gives 3375 xp and 375 rep