Welcome Back! — To World of Warcraft

Welcome Back! — To World of Warcraft

To help players get back into the action in Azeroth, we’re providing characters level 10-60 who have not been logged into the game for 60 days with a special Welcome Back Gift.

View Full Article

2 Likes

So we can opt to keep the quest log. That’s good if true/working correctly. I have several characters that wouldn’t mind the gear, but less enthusiastic about losing quests.

EDIT: Tried on my level 60 warlock. Quest log wasn’t wiped, but action bars were. Not all the gear were upgrades, quite a few downgrades in fact. Old inventory unceremoniously dumped in mailbox.

1 Like

u could offer 12 months of free game time and no one is coming back to retail

2 Likes

Or pay us to beta test new patch KEKW

Well I wish I hadn’t bothered, really downgraded gear for most of my characters, Action bars all wiped, An extra hearthstone in the post that stops you opening all the mail at once. Smaller bags than those equipped. I’ve just spent ages putting my bigger bags back and sorting through the post for my higher level gear. I’ve not even started on my action bars. Think it will be another 60+ days before I bother again, if at all.

2 Likes

This locked me out of the Zandalari Heritage armour! Beware before using this!!

2 Likes

The main downside of this - you can’t use RDF for 24hours after using this gift.

1 Like

Per @Marmar, @Diogonedan & @Gageris, if i’m going to receive armour less useful than the full set of Heirlooms i’m wearing, have my talents buggered with and/or have my toolbars mucked about with… that’s a hard-pass from me.

The idea is - quite frankly - GREAT, but some more thought needs to be put into it. If the idea is to encourage using the alts and resume levelling, Blizz are going to need to make them feel definitively more OP than they currently are, regardless of what they are wearing.

I would suggest purple gear and weaponry from the raid nearest their level, or something… That should last them 5-20 levels (using the current squished levelling as a reference.)

To be honest though, if you REALLY want us to resurrect our alts; FIX the enchants etc. so they are no longer literally completely and totally useless. (It will have zero effect on our stats and ability but is the single greatest quality of life change you could make.)

What is the point in Chromie levelling, then picking a profession and NEVER being allowed to use the fruits of your labour? For me it is the single most annoying thing about the entirety of the retail experience. What harm is there in applying a +3 STR enchant to something where it’s nigh-on useless? (Such as a chest with 75 STR already…) None. So let us use them. Simples.

Conversely, the same could be said for 'chants that are genuinely too high for the gear being applied to. It would be unfair to let us use them as is, true, but you’ve already figured out how to wangle this with scaled-down talents, and gear, in certain situations.

If we can currently apply (very limited) enchants to 'looms and send them to an alt, the 'chant automatically scales down, but then levels up again with the heirlooms. Just ALLOW that for EVERY enchant in the game. Code it once, job done. Simples.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.