Thank You! Sunny and Flurky Raise 1.5 Million for BlueCheck Ukraine!

Thank You! Sunny and Flurky Raise 1.5 Million for BlueCheck Ukraine!

Thanks to the generosity of the World of Warcraft community, we’ve raised more than $1.5 million USD from sales of the Pet Pack for Ukraine.

View Full Article

17 Likes

Im proud of you all :yellow_heart: :blue_heart:

1 Like

Why are the charity items always pets?

I’m sure you’d get more money out of this if you sold mounts or transmogs.
It’s rare for people to care enough about pets to actually use real life money to buy them.

2 Likes

I think it’s because that is the most ‘innocent’ type of reward.
Handing out a cool weapon skin to support victims of a war, for instance might not be the best idea. :sweat_smile:

Unless it’s a doggy! :heart:

3 Likes

That was a lot less than I’d hoped for.

Come on guys - the one time Blizzard makes a moral store mount and it makes so few sales?

Mjeh.

This is amazing! I still use Sunny it’s a awesome pet. :slight_smile:
:ukraine: :heart:

1 Like

Great news! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I have to agree with slap on this one. First of all its a great step to make as a company overall to engage its members but the fact still remains that its pets which for a big chunk of people barely use either way in azeroth.

We are “gamers” afterall and we like to show off ingame. A promotional reward that would yield something a bit more impactful would surely make a better sale because otherwise why would we not donate to a company within our own country instead of blizz, that does the same thing and perhaps even with a different sort of fee or one u can decide urself?

Fair enough for weapons, but there are cute mount skins too. The white mouse and the cat for example.

Yeah, true. Well, maybe the next time.

Its not a bad attempt around 150.000 pets sold give or take some especially with the worlds current economic climate, would have been nice for more but i love mine.

1 Like

For me personally the pet was more of a bonus than the goal. The proceeds would support a good initiative and I felt it was nice to be able to contribute to it as a gaming community. I have donated to other charities for Ukraine, I was pleased that WoW did their own spin on it.

I get your point but they could have offered an ugly mug and I still would have bought it :wink:

2 Likes

Thats fantastic! I was worried because i had my sunny out all the time to get people to wanna buy it but i saw so few others around

1 Like

Yeah thats sorta my point aswell. Didnt mean to bash anyone who bought the promo or anything. Just my 2 cents :slight_smile: Good on ya for supporting for sure.

1 Like

This is a charity item, meant as a bonus for donating to a good charity and not meant as sales. Blizzard takes nothing and only applicable taxes etc were reduced.

If you wish to donate more nobody will stop you from browsing Ukraine Charities of your choosing to donate to.

2 Likes

I thought it was a pretty good amount. If you read the article you can see all the things that have been funded from it by aid groups on the ground and it seems to have paid for a lot.

1 Like

It’s a shame we didn’t get to see a sea of those pets in game. But they don’t stay with dragon riding so I gave up xD

1 Like

hey, give them some space, its not that easy as with Ukraina - Rossiya.

2 Likes

Proud?!.. why?

The community raised more than $1.5 million USD from sales of the Pet Pack for Ukraine.

Guess who’s getting a Tax write-off from donating that $1.5 million to Ukraine?

I’ll help you, it’s not the community.

The whole point of the charity is the Tax wirte-off.

This side hustle most seem oblivious to; if you’re going to buy something, it should only be for selfish reasons, it benefits your character in-game somehow, and or you like the way the pets look.

What you’re buying should be the focal point, if it’s you being a “good” person, you’re getting played.

If this was the main point they would just keep doing Charities for every minor issue.

Under Irish law, donations by corporations to approved bodies can only be deduced after taxes as a trading expense which is not more then the donation itself.

2 Likes