Tindral Sageswift Visual Updated

With an update we’re applying to the game right now, we’re changing Tindral Sageswift’s Sunflame visual to address accessibility concerns about too many flashing lights in the encounter.

Sunflame is now darker and much smaller, retaining the appearance of tongues of flame on players without the big flashy sunbursts.

4 Likes

great job ! other bosses can use small re-touches as well like smolderon soak could be more visible, when tanks go under the boss it’s a bit harder to notice the soak.

While I love to see improvements to telegraphing… Consider following option, Blizzard.

• Make very basic, shape highlights as accessibility option for players that need them.
    Example : https://preview.redd.it/since-blizz-is-on-a-good-run-with-10-1-5-can-we-get-clearer-v0-878j9gxztvza1.png?auto=webp&s=39bdd70f87ce88979235d18fc3d1859f3490d0a8

It may not look very pretty, but the goal is accessibility, not graphical fidelity. I am sure a lot of people would appreciate simple, clear outlines over graphical different AoE telegraphing that becomes for some people impossible to separate.

Also, add color options to it, so that players can pick the colors for allied/foe AoE individually.

I would agree with this, as long as it’s an option that players can choose to turn on if they want it.

The ‘orange shapes on the ground’ way of telegraphing effects that FF14 uses is very clear, but I prefer looking at WoW’s visual effects.

What about all the people with huge performance issues on the boss? I watched someone stream it the other day and his game was a slideshow on large parts of the tindral fight.

Andnothing for Nymue, really? Loads of people complained about that fight’s visual colour choice making it difficult to see the lines and beams…

3 Likes

every visual improvement in this fight is welcome…i cant play this fight without an inky black potion as tank in mythic, because of all the red/orange light effects in a bright environment

i would love, if there was an option to have the effect of the potion all the time in this area

1 Like

can you fix Nymue next ?

blue lasers on blue floor on light green soaks

and why the hell my PC wanna explode on this boss ?
the performance on this boss is horribad and i have new gaming laptop

5 Likes

+1

Some colour variation would help loads.

1 Like

How about you fix defile within the next few years?

Any chance of yhat at all?

This is accessibility, the target is to ensure disable people can use your product following the provided guidelines, here I guess was mostly for epileptic people.

But I agree that a general option to change all effects would be a plus, my GPU got issues with Nymue and only her. I guess too much sparkles effects

If you want to report specific things that make accessibility difficult or make suggestions to make things more accessible, you can email the accessibility team (but only for accessibility issues/information). https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/244753

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.