Garb Yourself in Greatness with the Gladiator’s Ragged Armor

Garb Yourself in Greatness with the Gladiator’s Ragged Armor

Intimidate your foes when you enter the battlefield garbed in ragged armor crafted in the style of the great gladiator Lo'Gosh!

View Full Article

An amalgam of horde and alliance symbols, with incorrect references to the game’s lore, as a single set for cash?

If there was ever a way to succinctly express everything wrong with retail, I think this might be it.

/golfclap

1 Like

I thought this would be a great simple set for my Warrior but then it has a lion on the belt… maybe I could find something to go over it that is more Horde but I’d probably have to buy it. Seeing as there may be another tint in the TP at some point, I shall pass.

I’m not blown away by this one. It’s not like some of the others we’ve seen in the shop.

Shouldn’t this be the Lo’Gosh armor? Hence the lion

Whaddaya talking about o.o

Well, yes, it says in the OP and the article itself.

you gotta ask yourself, what makes this set so special for it to be in the shop.
ive yet to figure out the answer to this question, it looks too much like stuff you can alrdy get in wow

I’ll purchase this set if, and only if, Blizzard promises to use the money to purchase an English dictionary and look up the meaning of the word “greatness” :grimacing:

3 Likes

This set is really underwhelming

2 Likes

It looks like the outfit that Varian (Going by the name “Lo’gosh”) wore in the WoW comics from 10 or so years ago, i think that’s the idea, anyway.

It looks very basic for a €20 transmog set, though.

Reposting my comment from the double thread so it doesn’t get lost when either gets deleted.

Don’t be fooled. That set likely has been made already in 2014 by the looks of it. If I am not mistaken, it’s even the same set Varian did wear in the first Warcraft comics when his personality was split during the WoW Vanilla story era.

They just decided to drop it for a hefty price after years of collecting dust. I know this practice from Destiny 2 already. Developers make tons of stuff, not everything gets used. They put it in the “vault” right next to the sign “In case of Emergency, sell this”.

Edit: Please remember this line:

The Gladiator’s Ragged Armor will arrive in a future rotation of the Trading Post, but no sooner than three months after it leaves the Shop. Certain restrictions apply.

Don’t waste your money, just wait til September 2024 at least. It’s coming one day.

2 Likes

Lame. Sincerely I prefer the one awarded by noblegarden

2 Likes

Mmm I caved and got it for my Goblin hunter, because it suits her so well. I’ll just change the belt. I noticed the Rexxar art has the same shoulder so it’s clearly an amalgamation and not just for Lo’Gosh. Should have been a wolf belt, though, given that’s his nickname and would be very useable for Orcs!

But brainless sheep will still buy it

1 Like

I didn’t even bother reading, my bad

Read the comments above yours :wink:

Uhm…

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/a/a2/WoW_Comic_Lo%27Gosh_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100717221319

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/d/d0/WoW_Comic_1_0-a_%28artwork%29.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20180328020912

It is just that: Lo’gosh.
That type of shoulder piece is pretty common in orc armor, soooo, of course you’ll see them on different characters.

I rest my case.

Welp guess we know how the datamined Sylvanas set will be unlocked now.

Hint: It won’t be gameplay related.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/7/79/Varian_Mercenaries_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20211012200759

Its a pretty accurate set