Will we get flying in the new zones?

and this is why i dont get when people complain about flying so much.

go to outland.
go to hellfire peninsula.
go to the path of glory (main road?)
get on your flying mount and fly up.
turn view distance to max.
turn graphics as high as you can.
look around.

now say that flying shouldn’t be in the game…

2 Likes

I kind of have a feeling that this was the point behind the way they designed the zone… to encourage us to get the pathfinder done!

2 Likes

You will be able to fly in Mechagon and Nazjatar as well, yes.

Tbh i don’t think we even needed flying in BFA before 8.2, and even now i doubt i will be happy about it. I’ll farm Pathfinder because it’s much more convenient but imo it wasn’t needed.

Maybe more fly points, a toy or interaction to climb some walls and it would have been fine.

The ground is fine as long as you can easely go from one point to another one, and to be fair what’s the point of making a detailed forest like in nazmir or drustvar if people just fly above the trees ?

There’s also WM where flying may just break the game but i’ll have to test it live first.

The only bad thing is that by the time we get the pathfinder, we will have no reason to hang out in Nazjatar anymore. :wink:

1 Like

Once you’ve finished Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part One & Part Two you will be able to fly in Nazjatar and Mechagon, as well as Kul Tiras and Zandalar. :smile:

7 Likes

Do something for me would you? Once you get PF part 2, set all the details to max, fly to the very top of Dazar’alor and look around for the first time 360* sipping a coffee. Or watch Nazjatar from the air in it’s total majesty. :blush: then you’ll think why didn’t you have flying since the beginning.

1 Like

Because it ruins Wpvp or makes ore/herbs worth way less or mabye you will never see someone on the ground agian ?

1 Like

Well reading all the complains about war mode I don’t see the problem. Is making easier farming mats? Are you afraid that this would cause an economic drop? Think that I have to land, make sure there are no mobs around, collect the herb, take flight again and search for another one, while an entire conga line of mecha bot runs without even dismount and steal all the good stuff you’d find at the AH. Do you really think I, with a flying mount, will create an economic boom?
And btw you know… horses are still around in real life, yet both your parents or even you drive a car, or fly to get to holiday. Why don’t you buy a horse to get to work? That might increase the price for hay and decrease fuel consumption (all right I’m a bit out of the box here but I’m making a point, going crazy)

Great, so when we don’t need it anymore as we will be done those zones. Any chance you could convey back to the developers that millions of former and current WOW players just wish they dropped forced questing and pathfinder altogether and let us fly for gold at max level like we used to be able to do.

2 Likes

I rarely see complains about WM the only time i see them is when the balancing is off.

And there will be a economic drop it has litterally happend everytime flying came into play. First the new ore/herbs drop from high prices to lets say a steady 50g then after like 1-2 months when flying comes the ore/herb becomes easy to farm, like you said running/mobs etc etc to like 20g or lower this has happend agian and agian.

You can’t compare fiction to non-fiction but ill humour your idea.
Progress changed that horse into a car because it makes life easier and can make you travel further. 200 years ago it was nearly impossiable to travel from 1 side of the earth to the other in less than 24 hours it took them months. Because that the items they gathert like spices or coffee those were expensive.
Now that we got planes and motorized boats we can do that much faster. meaning those commodaties become cheaper.

Tl:DR if things become faster/easier they become cheaper.

1 Like

Im happy with the way they are doing things now TBH. With the way inflation is this expansion flying would probably cost a million gold!

I dont mind not flying for now and taking my time as this content is going to have to last me a good long while…rushing it will just leave me bored later on.

2 Likes

Just buy a few tokens.

so - if one of my chars actually does the stuff and gets flying - will my alts also be able to fly in kul tiras etc - and if so , at what level? 110 or 120?

Don’t buy tokens! Gods! You spend £15 to give someone a tenner worth of store currency. Every token is £5 blizzard makes for doing nothing but crashing the WoW economy harder.

Yes and at 110.

I think he was being sarcastic, since they clearly up all the prices of mounts etc to promote tokens.

Which means in about 2-3 months, when noone else needs it anymore

1 Like

After doing the Pathfinder part one and two…
I’m sure we will get a message stating we need to wait for another month or so to fully unlock flying because our mounts are to tired to fly because of all the walking they had to do…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.