Trade Chat is unreadable

That’s what I do. Works wonders.
I usually find what I want on the Auction House anyways. Trade Chat is no longer being used for buying/selling items, but for boost-selling-spam.

2 Likes

Just going to ask…when was the last time the trade chat was used for umm… “trading”? On my realm at least. Before the m+ spam came. The channel was either silent or there were some lame a**l jokes.
Leaving the channel, you pretty much lose nothing. :smiley:

2 Likes

And is exactly why i hate the idea of them removing LFG function the way some old school or classic enthusiasts want. It’s already a sh*tshow, just with these traders. No LFG and you’ll have a swarm of spam for content in the middle of another swarm of trade spam in the middle of another swarm of people just talking or questing.

It’ll be impossible to use.

2 Likes

Well it sure did push all the guild advertising out of trade chat, thats for sure.
If you have a guild and look for more people, you either have to hope that players reads forums in “looking for player - Pve/pvp” or that they take the Mass invite lol.

I need to download this and filter out Boost i think. I do still want to see things sold but cool items or deals.

1 Like

Blocking is fine, however I’d like to remind you guys the advertisement of services for gold in the Trade channel is not actually against the game rules, so reporting those would result in no (or overturned) action.

9 Likes

It’s just about using sensible filters. Adding “WTS” would be daft I agree, but “Boost” “Selling m+” etc can be added just fine. It’s what I did, I think I have about 4 filters and I dont see any of those ads anymore but I do see other trade specific messages.

I will be adding a new one, seems that there are a lot of people selling one of the new mechagon mounts so I will add that mount to my filter… it’s damn ugly and I will never want it lol. The Xiwyllag ATV.

1 Like

but then they’ll realise everyone is blocking ‘boost’ and just change the word won’t they, similarly with a different channel, advertisers will always find a way to target where the people are most active…hey…don’t you miss when they used to write the website name in dead bodies in Orgrimmar?..:smiley:

2 Likes

Not even when it’s a bother to SO many players? Not even when the spam becomes so obnoxious that it is all there’s room for in a public chat?

I really find that to be wrong somehow :confused:

3 Likes

Yeah they will use B00st (they’re zeros) or something similar, so you add that to badboy too.

The kinds of people using addons like Badboy to block the boost ads in trade are not the audience boosters are aiming for. The people who are looking for boosts would be far less likely to be blocking.

7 Likes

As @Punyelf says above, if players are deliberately blocking their messages it’s because they have no intention of using their services. Changing their message is not going to change that intention. Believe it or not, they are not deliberately trying to annoy everyone… it’s simply a bi-product of the service they are trying to sell. We are the eskimo’s and they are selling ice.

5 Likes

duh me…*quickly plays the age card…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would be technically ok with their spamming, if I could block it. All these addon suggestions will require me to set up series of keywords that risk me blocking relevant messages. Its almost same thing as setting up email spam filters. You can block portion of them, but some will eventually get trough because you didnt block some variation of what they say.

What these boost spammers are doing is circumventing existing blocks by using several accounts, 1lvl alts , delete and make new. Some possibly even use hacked accounts for this.

That should be something that gets you banned or something else. If they want to sell boots, sell them with their own accounts. I want to be able to ignore them all.

1 Like

People selling stuff in trade chat, weird…right?

another +1 for badboy to block tradechat spam.

What’s the better option for the casual player who does not use any add-ons? The current situation is unbearable.

1 Like

Sadly only your /ignore function which has an upper limit I am afraid.

If it helps, Badboy is one of the lowest resource addons I have in my collection and it is silent/unintrusive to your gameplay.

1 Like

So they can spamm their macros every second and we cant do anything about it other then spending hours to block thousands of spammers?
Srsly blizz?

Gg, keep going this way

No, they can’t, the chat system would block that itself, but I do realize you don’t really mean every second. I’m not sure what blizzard consititutes as an acceptable time frame between repeating the ad to be honest and it was hard for me to tell one advertiser from another, it may look like the same person but they are just using pretty much the same text. Hence why I added the filters to badboy, I got fed up with all the spam.