Wrong prof reqs on some recipes from old dungeons/raids

Noticed that, for example, recipes from Vanilla content: AQ40 (" Temple of Ahn’Qiraj")- Twin Emperors - require Outland Enchanting.

Are you ok, guys? AQ was year(s) before TBC was even announced…

Formula: Enchant Gloves - Threat (Item: 20726)
Formula: Enchant Cloak - Subtlety (Item: 20735)
That two, and you can freely bet that (atleast) others from there aswell…

1 Like

That is a good catch Eternal.

The enchants that have this and drop from Temple or Ruins of Ahn’ Qiraj, along with the two that you have mentioned, are:

Formula: Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility
Formula: Enchant Cloak - Stealth
Formula: Enchant Cloak - Dodge

They are essentially the same enchant, from both the vendor and the drop, but given by different items. They were added to the reputation vendors, if I’m not mistaken, back in 2.1/2.2, and since they result in the same enchant, they have the same requirements.

So, if put it simplier - it’s a kind of “hard-predictable consequences” of that “professions-by-expansion splitting”, correct?
Worth of mention, it’s not the only “side-effect” of that “splitting” - another one, regarding DMF, was also noticed and reported ~month ago (or so)…
And is there any plans to make correction(s) to this? (Ofc that NO but still worth of asking)

As mentioned in your reply, all 5 formulas were added around ~1st-half of TBC to appropriate reputation vendors, but Exalted is required for each. And, in this days - quite hard to believe ppls even bothering with rep-farms of “old contents” at all, which makes that addition quite useless at all.

Anyways, devs made a shiny example of logical/time paradox with that situation:

• On one hand, this 5 enchants and formulas clearly belonging to days of Vanilla (when they were quite rare and kinda useful) ;
  • On other hand, later addition of them during days of TBC to rep-vendors (even for Exalted rep) didn’t changed much cuz they already became obsolete and kinda useless , but still it was logically fine from the view of “Enchanting skill required” ;
  • Both hands down at times of BfA when “prof-splitting” bringed “side-effects” as mentioned upper

this may also have to do with the changes in professions from 1-700 (or highter number) into a number per expansion.

i made a ticket that i could not skin all mobs in molten core with my skinning 1-300. after some “not helping” answers from gm’s i found a gm who read the ticket and took it seriously.
the gm logged into my char and was able to reproduce the issue, confirmed it was “not working as designed”.
then the gm asked permission to add outland skinning and i said yes.
that solved the problem of skinning some mobs in molten core.

i asked the gm to make an internal (blizzard) note in case other people have similar issues.

in other words:
not all old vanilla mobs can be skinned with only vanilla skinning. in some cases you need outland skinning.

i would not be surprised your mentioned problem is similar although the gm explanation also sounds good.

The case you’v described it’s not that hard to explain from point of math tbh.
Seems, blizz devs enforced kind of condition like “Vanilla %profskill% can’t be higher then 300 (hardcap)”, which definitely is wrong and breaks their own logics on this matter (check down).

Just to reminder, even in days of Vanillas - max possible Skinning was 325 (for classes who can dual-wield and use daggers/swords, for example Hunters and Rogues) :

• Enchant Gloves - Skinning was +5 ;
  • Finkle’s Skinner from The Beast in BlackRock Spire (Upper part) was +10 (so +20 with 2 of them) ;
  • Zulian Slicer from High Priest Thekal in Zul’Gurub - same math here ;

Also reminding - what were the benefits of Vanilla Skinning over “standart cap of 300” :

Summary
  • Pristine Hide of the Beast from The Beast mentioned before required 310 Skinning ;
  • Core Leather from Core Hound in Molten Core required 310, and from Magmadar (also in MC, 2nd boss) which required even 315 (that was kind of “softcap value” for all skinnable bosses in vanilla) ;
  • Scale of Onyxia from Onyxia in Onyxia’s Lair required 315 ;
  • Black Dragonscale from Chromaggus and Nefarian in Blackwing Lair required 315 ;
  • Red/Green/Blue (not sure of the Brilliant one was it drop-only or skinnable also) Dragonscales from Chromaggus in Blackwing Lair required 315 ;
  • Dreamscale from “Nightmare Dragons” (World Spawns - Emeriss, Lethon, Taerar, Ysondre) required 315

Just to be shorter - “splitting” has atleast one fundamental flaw in it’s logics, cuz seems it still operates with adding prof bonus value to “actual expansion” but not to the appropriate one.
Even simplier, using your own example - unable to skin mobs inside MC cuz had 300 vanillas skinning (which still not enough for that) and adding outland skinning “magically solved” that (which value exactly it was btw - 1 or 10 or 15?).

p.s. On example of dagger with +10 Skinning - if not shown, which exactly skinning it belongs to “after-splitting”, must add that value (10) to EACH of sub-skinnings (vanilla-outland-northrend-etc)…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.