Brewfest SEVERAL hotfixes needed

• Direbrew’s dire brew quest cannot be completed, the replacement Mag’har Brewfest host is not the target of the quest.
  • Bark for X brewery quests make no progress when visiting the correct places.
  • Chowdown event (new), forgive the language, is utterly f#cked. Resets randomly whilst spreading the 5 minute debuff. This, on top of the requirement of 4 participants to start and the 5 wins needed to buy the toy makes it a very poorly thought out addition.
4 Likes

it has been over 6 hours when the event started and no fix whatsoever

1 Like

Didn’t even knew brewfest was on ,something new this year(toy/mount)?

Would be nice if we got some kind of fix today, half of its bugged it seems but no official response

Hello,

Apologies for any frustration this is causing, those issues are being investigated.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply Vossprey

Another thing they need to fix:

The new Chowdown toy reward completely destroys your chat if anyone nearby uses it, with a flood of spam of people being drunk

Years ago i used to have a brewfets kodo mount but somehow lost it when the mount tab became a thing. Today when complaining about that in the chat, i literally looted it 3 seconds after talking about it. I got all rewards from the brewfest once again so those bugged things cant bother me, the alliance side seemed to work pretty fine on my alts though

To bypass the new “eating” event (when it bug out and you get the 5 min debuff), simple remove all gear, mount up, fly, dismount, die, rezz).

Its a small fix for 1 thing, but, atleast you dont have to wait 5 min.

Is there anything new this year as official site and wowhead haven’t put anything up .I heard rumours of a new looking Kodo ?

Chowdown bugged on alliance side also.

As part of your investigations, you may also want to stop players from using toys and the like on the table with the explicit intention of making it nearly impossible to do it properly.

2 Likes

Toys. Pets mounts. People can also stand in the table. And block the vision by with their xmog armor etc. Example DH with blades can block vision just standing in “allowed” zone next to banners etc.

This is just so broken.

For one thing the griefing is insane. They might as well just have created this solely to give griefers something to do. The toys, people blocking your view, and so on.

Then there are the bugs. I tried one time and got kicked straight out with the 5 min debuff. Another time the game started with three people on 0 and one guy on 2. So absolutely no chance for three people to win…

Having to win this 5 times for the toy is just a terrible idea.

I completed the eat challenge thingy. My advice : Wait until you see a table get bugged out, when it bugs, wait until the contestants are out, then take a seat. The challenge won’t bug out one after another. Done it 5 times for the token, 7ish times I lost to other people.

So, simple and quick, use the ’ kill yourself trick ’ that was posted above, and always enter a competition after it bugged out, I haven’t seen it bug twice in a row.

Chowdown is a great game, i love getting 4 sausages on my plate when everyone else gets 2.
And this is why i am fat, Thanks Blizzard.

Having to “Kill Yourself” as a solution to poorly implemented, sloppy coding is frankly depressing.
#thxblizz

What makes it even more annoying is that the chowdown event NPC is getting camped 24/7 on my realm.

Why did she have to be PVP enabled again? Especially as a level 60 that dies within a tenth of a second and then takes at least 5 minutes to respawn again, only to get obliterated instantly as she does so. The rest of the Brewfest NPCs aren’t attackable either (if I’m correct?).

1 Like

Is this event still bugged? I just completed a quest without doing anything, I just had option to complete a quest, also when I wanna do quest to spread a word about Brewfest it wont spawn me a ram

Horrible mini game. Aside from the bugs, the RNG in it perfectly compliments how BfA is. I can get either two, three or four sausages per plate RANDOMLY. So the reason why someone win is not because they were more skilled and had better management of beer and sausage usage but because they got lucky…

0/10 One of the worst mini game ever. I completed it for the toy and I’m never touching that garbage again.

2 Likes