Diablo 4 was largely underwhelming

After many rumours of Diablo 4 being a Souls-like, or a 3rd person game, or even an over-the-shoulder survival horror, imagine my disappointment when they show the gameplay trailer and it’s still isometric.
That killed any interest I have in that game. It was nothing new, at all. We’ve seen it all before- it was just Diablo 3, but with better graphics, colour and shading.
It shows that Blizzard is still terrified of making big changes, of taking chances and risks.

You may now commence your mud-slinging.

2 Likes

The Diablo forum is this way :arrow_down:

2 Likes

This way to be precise - https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/c/general-discussion

2 Likes

why the heck would they change the format in the main series of a franchise?

what, were you expecting them to “command and conquer” it?

3 Likes

This is the general forum. That means you can discuss anything unrelated to WoW.
Thanks.

No that’s absolutely not what it means lol

8 Likes

actually if you read, this sections description it is meant for discussing world of warcraft.

not that anyone cares that much

4 Likes

It is extremely hard to improve on an isometric 3D projection game, other by better graphics, sounds, and they did make the atmosphere more sombre, less bright/neon colours, more dark. And they are also addressing other (perceived) issues that hopefully will make D4 a better game than D3.

If they are bold they will make another game, with another title, to satisfy the “3D survival apocalypse horror” genre.

1 Like

Looked good to me. Still not preordering it until they reveal all playable classes. But I did love that they kept the Diablo Feel to it. And that cinematic… Beric Dondarrion in Hellraiser? Dayum!

It was weird that they didn’t announce necromancer right away.

General topics about wow.
Not any topic at all.

If i made a thread about how excited i was for pokemon then it would be deleted.

This really isn’t the place.

I personally don’t care too much about you posting here but seriously, you’re in the wrong for doing so.
Please don’t act as if you’re not

Pokemon isn’t a Blizz product, Diablo is.

I don’t see how point 2 relates to point one if general is where you post anything unrelated to wow.
Unless its now anything unrelated to wow but still made by Blizzard.

Call of duty is on my launcher.
Can we have 15 threads about different aspects of that game here now XD

Slings mud

4 Likes

Wrong.
This is the World of Warcraft general forum.
My link was to the Diablo general forum which seems to be the best place to post about Diablo.

3 Likes

I’m more hyped for diablo 4 than shadowlands tbh.

4 Likes

My biggest fear was that they would have abandoned this.

There’s a lot of design debate about it, vis á vis the artistic expression and immersion and so on, but to me a Diablo game is characterized by the isometric style.

Eventually I’ll want a Diablo game that is something truly different. Like WoW was different from the RTS games that Warcraft had opted for before.

But right now, what I really want is another good ol’ hack 'n slash in the format that I associate with the Diablo universe. Because I still feel like I haven’t seen that kind of game taken to its highest expression. All previous ARPGs have been great, but I think there’s opportunity for Blizzard to truly define the genre.

So I’m personallly happy that they’ve stuck with the isometric style.

2 Likes

Dude, you might want to check off the “let’s bash Blizz for whatever they do no matter what they do” bus, it’s getting old. Your life will immediately become more positive when you stop being negative :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t see how making a critique of a newly announced game is “Bashing on Blizz”. My reasons for being dissappointed were well established.

It felt like d3, it is a hack’n slash, pixel grind, it will get old fast.
Like almost all blizzard games, it will focus mostly on pixel hunting and re-doing same stuff over and over again.

I blame other developers aswell, because blizzard usually take ideas from other developers and take the easy route, building up an already established idea.

Pass.