[A] WANTED! Vintage Players With A Modicum of Skill

Modicum: a moderate or small amount

Do you have a modicum of skill? Do you want to run mythic dungeons but suffer from performance anxiety? Are you past the first flush of youth and just a little bit too old, and a little bit too tired, to keep up with the “Go, go, go!” crowd? Would you like to do a dungeon and at least have the time to see that there are roses, even if the mythic timer doesn’t allow the luxury of stopping to smell them? Most importantly, do you think playing World of Warcraft should be fun?

If the thought of looking for a PUG brings you out in a cold sweat, or if you’d like to have a go at tanking/healing and want to learn a new role in a forgiving environment; if you can laugh when we wipe; if you have just a very small modicum of skill, then we might be the community for you.

The foundation of this community is the very small guild I’m currently in, Nice but Dim. We are based on a very low population server, which means expanding the guild is difficult. Some of us have known each other for years, some of us have only been playing together for about a year. The guild is only the starting point for the community. There is no expectation for people to join the guild, and we hope that the community will expand beyond the guild. The aim is to find like-minded people to play with.

At the moment we have 6 or 7 people who can run dungeons regularly, so we have one dungeon group. We would like to expand this to be able to run 2 or 3 groups. We currently run Mythic+on Tuesday and Friday evenings, but there’s no reason we can’t run dungeon groups at other times, either regularly, or on an ad hoc basis. If we can get enough people interested, we might even try to set up a raid.

The community code is 2DKyEgCAwP if you want to join us ingame. We’ve also set up a Discord server. The link is available in the community panel. If you want a chat before joining, you can post any questions here, or contact me in game: Hulan#2182

2 Likes

Cool group of players at Modicum! I returned to WoW a few months ago after a 6 year break and really had to find my bearings. As a 30+ player I haven’t really got the time for the high end raiding but I do like to be challenged. With these guys I really got into M+, learning the dungeons and gradually moving up in keys. Always someone willing to help out, get me back up to speed and run groups with. If you’re in the same spot as I was, I’d recommend checking out their Discord and dropping a message!

1 Like

Yes a good group of chilled people, no pressure but still pushing keys when everyone feels up to it. Most keys are sub ten so a good place to learn the ropes and try a new class or spec. Come join in , discord is active and there is a core group of people who will offer to help you with that difficult achieve .