[A-Boralus RP-tavern] Curious Octopus

As the Boralus rp blooms, we were caught in more and more stories and plots. That led us to the decision, to limit opening hours of our tavern, so our members have enough time to enjoy rp they are telling.

New opening hours will ensure the days we are open and when the tavern will run from eight in the evening till the last man standing.

Imgur

Casual night after hanging at the gallows. Boralus nights.

January with Curious Octopus!

Another round of the regular statistics for Curious Octopus is here.
As we expected the start of the new year slow, it was quite the opposite. From the day one, we had full tavern, people gathered there for random rp or for plots. Each day was a wild ride full of rp, and we all enjoyed it.
Thanks to everyone who made this happen together as it was quite something :heart:

The statistics itself:
In the January, we opened the tavern for unbelievable 31 days. Each day, we offered a place where people could find rp! Thanks to all staff of the Curious Octopus for making this happen.

We sold amazing 1275 drinks!!!
Out of that number, 957 were shots of spirits, which is almost 48 bottles.
It was 90 ales, which is 45 liters which is almost a barrel of beers, ales and stouts!
We sold 76 glasses of wine, which is almost 11 bottles.
And this month, not a single drink was neglected as we poured every single item from our offer.

The most favorite drink was a Kul Tiran whiskey! 246 shots!
Most favorite ale was as always, our famous Anchormaker! You had a classical Anchormaker, but also double Anchormakers and even tripple Anchormakers! 38 in total.

Our rooms were rented to 26 patrons in a total length of 6 months and 48 nights!
As this is a new item to this statistics, for all three months of Octopus, it was 44 patrons in the total length of 16 months and 65 nights!

We hosted a Marines and Margaritas party and a Gambling Night and both events were packed. We also served at the Festival of Forge and at the Norwington Derby.

A great THANK YOU to everyone who enjoyed that month with us, and we are promising, that the ride continues!

1 Like

As one of your aspiring regulars, keep it coming! Absolutely love the mood in the Octopus these days. Also really fascinating to read these statistics! Here’s to moving arcwine up the list in February…

1 Like

Thank you so much!! We will happily see you again <3

There have been a few curious noises at the Octopus tonight, firstly the slamming of a mug against the counter which follows another slam shortly after. Not too long after that, the snarl of a beast can be heard followed by a loud whacking sound.

Some moments after the whacking is heard, the thudding of blades hitting a target a few times and the clatter of blade against floor could also be heard before silence fell on the Tavern once more.

A wrapped bundle of throwing knives has been left underneath the bar with ‘Will’ written on a piece of paper and placed on top of the bundle in Margaret’s handwriting.

Sending my birds there.

February with Curious Octopus!

The fourth month since we opened the tavern, and we have again our statistics.
Thanks to everyone who visited us and who enjoyed the random rp in our place.
This month was more in the name of relaxing and doing our own personal storylines, so the opening hours were not that busy as previous months.
At the start of the month, we tried to run it just four days in a week, but after a week of trying, we returned to the daily opening hours or on demand.
An unexpected difficulty was also the horrible lag which affected whole Tiragarde Sound for three or four months and lowered the rp activity in the city.
But we managed! And here are the numbers!

In the February, we opened the tavern for **20 **days. Thanks to all staff of the Curious Octopus for making this happen.
We also enlarged our numbers by new bartenders, bouncers and bards, and we are grateful for them!

We sold 416 drinks!
Out of that number, 310 were shots of spirits, which is almost 16 bottles.
It was 30 ales, which is 15 liters, the weakest month if you ask me :wink: !
We sold 35 glasses of wine, which is exactly 5 bottles.
Drinks which could use more cheering were Rum Fatique (Mind you, our strongest shot apart from the unlabeled moonshine used for Anchormakers), Stormhill rum (A product of our treasured supplier Blake Garrows ), Badlands Bourbon and Briatini. Give them a chance and try them in the next month!

The most favorite drink was a Kul Tiran whiskey! 97 shots!
The most favorite ale was, as always, our famous Anchormaker! You had a classical Anchormaker, but also double Anchormakers and even tripple Anchormakers! 10 in total.

In February, we rented a room for four new patrons and most of them used it in the long-term manner by renting a few months in advance.

We did not host any party not a Gambling Night, but we are planning some spectacular experiences for the upcoming month.
Watch out for the Open Street Nights in which Curious Octopus has its fingers (tentacles, alright). And today our staff are heading on an adventure to explore a new place to prepare another party for you all. One, that was never ever made in the history of whole Azeroth! The teaser will come shortly!

A great THANK YOU to everyone who enjoyed that month with us, and we are promising, that the ride continues!
:heart:

1 Like

New party!

The crew of the Curious Octopus will be holding the bar at the Kul Tiran Grand National horse races!
We will be happy to meet anyone who want to enjoy horses at the amazing scenery of the Norwington Estate.
Imgur

1 Like

As the Friday’s party is approaching, we put out the info!

Curious Octopus: An Underwater Adventure!
When: This Friday, 25.3.
Start: 8 PM
Factions: Neutral, both are welcome!
AA Event: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/259770

Imgur
Imgur

“Oh? The Horde? The ones who slaughtered and sacked Brennadam, invaded Stormsong and sent Iron Stars into our suburbs, killing countless? Yeah let’s invite them to a neutral event in the heart of our nation.”

7 Likes

I slowly hide my plans for an Alliance friendly market in Durotar

1 Like

Guys, factions are canceled. No more faction conflict

1 Like

boy I can’t wait to befriend the same person I fought during BFA in an Alliance bar

Ah, I remember my first time in Brennadam. I was running around in the beautiful green hills, when I saw a town up ahead. Suddenly, it exploded. I vividly remember getting closer, where I saw a mother was bleeding out, pinned to the wall by a massive orcish spear. Her daughter was looking at her, crying, whilst the orc who had done the deed were standing by, laughing at the situation.

Beyond that, great initiative! Can’t wait to see Horde and Alliance get together again in Kul Tiras!

This kind of bar RP is better suited for Dalaran. The roster of characters already match the quality of that hub.

1 Like

I think this party has soemthing to do with the fact, that the manager of Curious Octopus is a quel’dorei. Previously hosting a Rum and Pirates party in Boralus for better marketing. The girl simply thinks in coins, not much in human grudges :smiley:

You’d think the Kul Tiran admiralty and their guards would care and prevent such an undertaking though. Can’t imagine it’d be well-hidden from them if advertised beyond faction boundaries. Authorities still exist even when there’s no one around to RP them.

2 Likes

As the NPC on the party are of neutral factions and patrons are already from horde, I imagine there might be some neutral waters, such as being with embassies. As Admiralty will be presented on the party. We actually discuss our parties with the admiralty beforehand. Mainly with the Boralus guards and marines who do not have power outside the city for the guards, and in neutral waters for the marines.
But yes, legally there is the truce, practically, the grudge between factions will take many many years to be truly neutral.