[A-Boralus RP-tavern] Curious Octopus

I am not quite sure why you have the need for scolding me there :slight_smile: You can always reach me on discord if you have any troubles and wish to make a point.
Because I did not state it is the specific guild, nor did I state its name, it is hardly correct to assume I did.

The party is to introduce interesting areas to roleplayers. It is not an IC political act and I have no wish to do it in that way.
Freeport or Anyport does not have the same location as we chose for the party.

Plus, the neutrality of the party was based on voting in the social discord of Curious Octopus where all votes went for the neutral party, and we simply do events for people who will come, which are, among others, our regular patrons.

And this is why this kind of RP is better suited for the Dalaran community where people play fast and loose with the lore (half human half draenei hybrids lol) and the setting around them with little to no regard of whether it actually makes sense. Just because your guild voted for a neutral event doesn’t mean it should or could be hosted in Kul Tiran waters.

“The Admiralty said it’s fine when we asked” but referring to you talking to NPCs is a really weird move because you can justify anything with “I decided that the NPCs are fine with it” when they demonstrably should not be. That’s how you get people like that one Faceless One RPer in Stormwind and the numerous other outlandish concepts that nobody wants to associate with.

You can introduce them to interesting areas without blatantly breaking the setting around you.

weird I thought it was

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Jaela_Billman

1 Like

I really don’t think neutrality would fly for even a SECOND anywhere NEAR Boralus with Horde races…

Considering
Well

BfA

Using the ‘Oh insert NPCs here said it was alright!’ excuse to try and justify letting Horde in an underwater bar near Boralus is very much on par with folks who use the same excuse to RP clearly hostile creatures (Say for example, a K’thir) or using factions like the Ebon Blade to try and justify taking a stroll in Orgrimmar or Stormwind without any sort of attempt to conceal their appearances (Looking at you San’layn and Nerubian RPers).

As it’s been suggested already, possibly consider moving to Freeport or Anyport, two places which are vastly more suited for neutral hosted events.

Guys let’s have a disco party right outside the gates of Orgrimmar, let’s invite the Alliance too

2 Likes

To clarify what might not have been clarified.
This specific event was not ICly discussed with the guild Proudmoore Admiralty as it is hosted outside Boralus, thus why we didn’t approach the Captain of the city guards.
On the other hand, all our previous parties and events were discussed ICly as it opened some interesting rp to talk about security and formalities needed for such event, which only enhanced the rp on both sides.

The decision for the party being neutral was mainly OOC and made with the goal of introducing beautiful location to more roleplayers when it is possible.
Those who think it doesn’t fit in their roleplay view can simply not come and not acknowledge the event. It is not made to create conflict IC or OOC :slight_smile:

It’s not about ‘not fitting roleplay view’
We literally just came out of a big war
A war that will be VERY much fresh in the minds of those who live in Kul Tiras

Realistically there would be 0 chance of them being chill with ANY Horde coming so close to Boralus again.

But I guess it’s ok for you to ignore that whole war campaign just to have your underwater tavern RP without consequences.

2 Likes

Especially given that there are options; Dalaran, Booty Bay, Freeport, Anyport, I think there’s even some of these same underwater bars in other parts of Kul Tiras and Zandalar that are NOT situated next to a major city, anywhere in the open world that isn’t adjacent to a faction-specific city or military outpost.

Look nobody can stop you from RPing how you want, if you want to RP down in that very specific spot then of course you can, but it does show something of a lack of consideration for the setting.

Gonna ignore the “or OOC” part of that, I know it’s not, you just wanna have the RP that you think is fun, but think about if you were to host a Horde-based gathering in Elwynn outside of Stormwind or an Alliance-based gathering in Durotar outside of Orgrimmar. You may not want to create conflict but logically, if you look at it purely from an IC perspective, yeah putting a bunch of Horde characters who could be associated with the Burning of Teldrassil or the destruction of Brennadam given their affiliations right on the doorstep of Boralus is fairly illogical - even moreso given that there are plenty of other options available.

1 Like

Not just vulpera, but child vulpera. At least three of them. Kit RPers man… This is to say that it’s not vulpera as a race that are at fault in Dalaran, just the weirdos who insist on playing children again and again and again

2 Likes

Depends on which Vulpera you’re on about.
Because I can say it’s not all of them.

(You can probably tell I’m tired of Vulpera getting pinned as a problem :upside_down_face: )

To reply for requests to move the party to any other neutral place. We will not move an event which is starting in an hour as the logistic is making it impossible to inform all people who plan to come.
Other underwater adventure which we plan to host will be following the political accessibility of the place.

If we host any other neutral party or event in the future, it will be held on a neutral place of bigger area than a tavern, meaning some of neutral cities or ports.

3 Likes

Your peers do you no favours let me tell you. I know it’s not every vulpera player period, I really do, but the egregious cases seem to worm their way into hubs too often for comfort.

A carbuncle on the backside of RP to be sure. I digress however, and apologize for the derailing tangent on my part.

In which case I would love to participate!

2 Likes

An armistice.

Doesn’t mean you can cross the opposite’s factions lands without getting your head thrown through a wall.

Like if a Blood elf went to Stromgarde.

1 Like

Legit so many people think that the armistice means they can just freely stroll around Stormwind/Orgrimmar as the opposite faction without getting their body turned into a pretzel.

:upside_down_face:

Don’t have to tell me twice, after all I was the one who exposed a guild of degenerate Vulpera
I cry for Vulpera RP

Hello everyone, we have another statistics for the Peculiar Octopode!

We did not open that month.

In the month of March, we had quite the tense time. It was no secret, that many things happened to the tavern in Hook Point.
We got a massive flyer campaign led by the local fishermen, asking for an equal rights for fishes and cephalopods on our menu. We were under almost terrorizing attack every day, getting mails and passive-aggressive notes (Which smelled after fishes). There was even a bouquet of roses, except that the roses were changed for the fish skeletons.

This incident, or a series of incidents, would not be that bad if there was another player to the big political game on the seafood field. A week after receiving a first demanding note, we also experienced an undeniable harassment by the co-called dragon priest. It was just one man, but his fierce writing was making it up to his small number. The issue was the fact there was not enough options of dragon steaks on the menu. He demanded, and we were quite rudely asked, to remove half of the fishes, crabs or other seafood in the favor of dragon steaks.

Our response did not take long. We formed a special team, using the acronym of STAFF - ** Special Team of Fierce Freaks**.
We fought day and night and it all tool a heavy toll on our souls (Which have one positive impact right now as no Old God seems interested in them, thank you, thank you. We got this confirmed from a reliable source)

It was a hell of a month.
We did not sell a thing, but we drank a lot to keep us sane. Consumed just among the staff to keep our sanity in the fierce battle of the cuisine we are serving, and the bloody threats, promising us crab spanking if we do not fulfill those requests.
We had 234 shots of spirits, which is almost twelve bottles of the booze.
Three of our staff, whose names will be kept secret, were facing the burnout, physical exhaustion and a hangover.
Five glasses sacrificed their lives in this War of the Seafood.
Seven kilos of papers were used as the ammunition in the flyer campaign!
One chair had to be replaced after giving her life to the absolutely unrelated wood-worms.

We are alive. Thanks to everyone who did not add more trouble in this madness. THANK YOU!

(Note on the side in an elegant, yet threatening handwriting: Would you truly plan to put this essay publicly, I will ensure you will be fire and never ever employed again. Do choose your actions wisely. Miss Az’ariah, the manager of Curious Octopus)
(Second note on the side: And I will freeze your subscription.)

Today I will introduce you the correct statistics for the March and not the April Fools’ joke :slight_smile:

The tavern was opened 27 days! It was our fifth month since we opened Curious Octopus under our guild, and it is still a great and wild ride.
We hosted an Underwater Adventure party, which was the first of the series of parties in various underwater taverns across Kul Tiras and Zuldazar. We also served at the Grand National horse races at the Norwington Estate, and we were involved in the organization of Open Street Nights, a festival in Mariner’s Row.

And now for the numbers.
We sold 751 drinks.
Out of this, 615 were shots! Which is over 30 bottles.
58 were mugs of ales, which is 29 liters.
It was 23 glasses of wine, which is over three bottles.
We also sold 64 non-alcoholic drinks.

The most favorite drink was Gilnean whiskey with 225 shots, which was over 11 bottles.
The dark times of abandonment came for Badlands bourbon and briatini which were not ordered a single time. Let’s give them some life in the upcoming month!

In the month of March, we offered rented rooms for 11 patrons in a total length of 137 paid nights.

We thank to everyone who visited us to make this month an amazing rp ride. We are looking forward to more days and nights where we can provide a stable and welcoming place for random rp encounters and other stories and plots, just as all those months before.

THANK YOU, PEEPS! <3

1 Like

Talks among the dockworkers, fishermen, travelers and also overly bored citizens are talking about a treasure of great value being hidden somewhere. It is said, that those who have an adventurous soul can head on a treasure hunt following the leads prepared by a mysterious person. The first clue is hidden in a small pouch, offered by anyone who asks or who at least looks like an adventurous type. The said pouch can be obtained in the tavern in Mariner’s Row, Curious Octopus. Whatever reason for this initiative is, the treasure at the end might surely be worth the try.

A rumor has it there are two parties planned in the Curious Octopus in upcoming weeks. Actually three as some say, but that is most likely only the fantasy of the folks gossiping on the street.
The variety of one kind of booze is highly possible, such as the theme inviting people to dress up in a certain theme. But what theme or what booze it is, that is unknown. It is highly possible, that it won’t be rum and cocktails and those already had their evening of fame in the past months with the Rum and Pirates, and Marines and Margaritas parties.
And such is the topic of those who loiter in the streets today, bored by the daily routine of their lives and hungry for anything interesting around which can lighten up their days.

Curious Octopus Statistics - 6th month - April

Another month has passed and we are bringing another statistics for the drinks we sold at our tavern. It is the sixth month since we opened Curious Octopus and it has been a wild ride full of roleplay.
We saw many stories and plots to unfold before our eyes, some started right in the tavern, some was brought there and lived through while we watched in awe.
Thanks to everyone who experienced it with us and a great thanks to those who were bold enough to catch or start those stories, letting the flow of the tales run with its own pace.

The tavern was opened for awesome 25 days!

And now for the numbers.
We sold amazing 980 drinks!
811 were shots of spirits, which is over 40 bottles of the booze.
67 mugs of beers, which is over 33 liters, which is one third of a keg.
36 were glasses of wine, which is over 5 bottles.
And 66 glasses of non-alcoholic drinks.

The most favorite drink this time was Black Spiced Leviathan with 238 shots sold.
Right after was the usual winner Gilnean whiskey with 210 shots.

Drinks which were not ordered a single time were Honeymead ale, Badlands Bourbon and Stormwind Tawny, so give it some cheering in the next month so they won’t stay sad and abandoned.

During this month, we rented our rooms to 15 different people in the total length of 91 nights.

Once more, THANKS to EVERYONE!
We are very much looking forward to the next month of this fabulous experience, excited about more roleplay we can provide and encounter!
So as Lilly would say: Yar fab!
:heart:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.