[A-Boralus RP-tavern] Curious Octopus

February with Curious Octopus!

The fourth month since we opened the tavern, and we have again our statistics.
Thanks to everyone who visited us and who enjoyed the random rp in our place.
This month was more in the name of relaxing and doing our own personal storylines, so the opening hours were not that busy as previous months.
At the start of the month, we tried to run it just four days in a week, but after a week of trying, we returned to the daily opening hours or on demand.
An unexpected difficulty was also the horrible lag which affected whole Tiragarde Sound for three or four months and lowered the rp activity in the city.
But we managed! And here are the numbers!

In the February, we opened the tavern for **20 **days. Thanks to all staff of the Curious Octopus for making this happen.
We also enlarged our numbers by new bartenders, bouncers and bards, and we are grateful for them!

We sold 416 drinks!
Out of that number, 310 were shots of spirits, which is almost 16 bottles.
It was 30 ales, which is 15 liters, the weakest month if you ask me :wink: !
We sold 35 glasses of wine, which is exactly 5 bottles.
Drinks which could use more cheering were Rum Fatique (Mind you, our strongest shot apart from the unlabeled moonshine used for Anchormakers), Stormhill rum (A product of our treasured supplier Blake Garrows ), Badlands Bourbon and Briatini. Give them a chance and try them in the next month!

The most favorite drink was a Kul Tiran whiskey! 97 shots!
The most favorite ale was, as always, our famous Anchormaker! You had a classical Anchormaker, but also double Anchormakers and even tripple Anchormakers! 10 in total.

In February, we rented a room for four new patrons and most of them used it in the long-term manner by renting a few months in advance.

We did not host any party not a Gambling Night, but we are planning some spectacular experiences for the upcoming month.
Watch out for the Open Street Nights in which Curious Octopus has its fingers (tentacles, alright). And today our staff are heading on an adventure to explore a new place to prepare another party for you all. One, that was never ever made in the history of whole Azeroth! The teaser will come shortly!

A great THANK YOU to everyone who enjoyed that month with us, and we are promising, that the ride continues!
:heart:

1 Like

New party!

The crew of the Curious Octopus will be holding the bar at the Kul Tiran Grand National horse races!
We will be happy to meet anyone who want to enjoy horses at the amazing scenery of the Norwington Estate.
Imgur

1 Like

As the Friday’s party is approaching, we put out the info!

Curious Octopus: An Underwater Adventure!
When: This Friday, 25.3.
Start: 8 PM
Factions: Neutral, both are welcome!
AA Event: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/259770

Imgur
Imgur

“Oh? The Horde? The ones who slaughtered and sacked Brennadam, invaded Stormsong and sent Iron Stars into our suburbs, killing countless? Yeah let’s invite them to a neutral event in the heart of our nation.”

7 Likes

I slowly hide my plans for an Alliance friendly market in Durotar

1 Like

Guys, factions are canceled. No more faction conflict

1 Like

boy I can’t wait to befriend the same person I fought during BFA in an Alliance bar

Ah, I remember my first time in Brennadam. I was running around in the beautiful green hills, when I saw a town up ahead. Suddenly, it exploded. I vividly remember getting closer, where I saw a mother was bleeding out, pinned to the wall by a massive orcish spear. Her daughter was looking at her, crying, whilst the orc who had done the deed were standing by, laughing at the situation.

Beyond that, great initiative! Can’t wait to see Horde and Alliance get together again in Kul Tiras!

This kind of bar RP is better suited for Dalaran. The roster of characters already match the quality of that hub.

1 Like

I think this party has soemthing to do with the fact, that the manager of Curious Octopus is a quel’dorei. Previously hosting a Rum and Pirates party in Boralus for better marketing. The girl simply thinks in coins, not much in human grudges :smiley:

You’d think the Kul Tiran admiralty and their guards would care and prevent such an undertaking though. Can’t imagine it’d be well-hidden from them if advertised beyond faction boundaries. Authorities still exist even when there’s no one around to RP them.

2 Likes

As the NPC on the party are of neutral factions and patrons are already from horde, I imagine there might be some neutral waters, such as being with embassies. As Admiralty will be presented on the party. We actually discuss our parties with the admiralty beforehand. Mainly with the Boralus guards and marines who do not have power outside the city for the guards, and in neutral waters for the marines.
But yes, legally there is the truce, practically, the grudge between factions will take many many years to be truly neutral.

I’m not sure which of my guildies have said they’ll attend? Nor have we ever discussed the underwater bar, we had discussed the Street festival.

It may be wise to specify that you are talking about NPC Admiralty, or some unguilded admiralty players. Because to the best of my knowledge, neither me nor any of the other GMs have signed off on granting tourist visas to Horde members.

I can assure you with great certainty, that the body of water between the 3 Kul Tiras isles is definitely not neutral waters.

3 Likes

I never stated it is a member of the guild Proudmoore Admiralty. As member of the Admiralty ICly are more people, not limited to the guild.
And as well, I did not say I discussed this party with you :slight_smile:

I am saying it would be wise to clarify. You already approach us for IC approval of most events. The statement below is exactly what I mean. You never said the opposite either. You have left the message up to the reader to interpret.

It is more than reasonable to expect that the RPers in Boralus and KT that knows about our guild then associates us with it. You are well aware of that.

I’ll stop derailing your thread now, for that, I do apologise. But in the future, I hope that you will take an extra second to clarify on the matter.

2 Likes

You are aware that Anyport and Freeport exist right, and that both are far more suited to faction neutrality than a spyglass view from the main city on the entire island? Why not reconsider moving it to one of the canonically ‘neutral’ areas on Kul Tiras instead of a body of water which is only really accessible through Boralus or the now-destroyed Daelin’s gate?

That way you’ll not only more likely get Horde characters to come along as they would canonically be somewhat welcomed in those places (both being run somewhat independently compared to the rest of Kul Tiras, unless I’m mistaken) as well as more players overall as it might show a bit more forethought into planning the event.

I am not quite sure why you have the need for scolding me there :slight_smile: You can always reach me on discord if you have any troubles and wish to make a point.
Because I did not state it is the specific guild, nor did I state its name, it is hardly correct to assume I did.

The party is to introduce interesting areas to roleplayers. It is not an IC political act and I have no wish to do it in that way.
Freeport or Anyport does not have the same location as we chose for the party.

Plus, the neutrality of the party was based on voting in the social discord of Curious Octopus where all votes went for the neutral party, and we simply do events for people who will come, which are, among others, our regular patrons.

And this is why this kind of RP is better suited for the Dalaran community where people play fast and loose with the lore (half human half draenei hybrids lol) and the setting around them with little to no regard of whether it actually makes sense. Just because your guild voted for a neutral event doesn’t mean it should or could be hosted in Kul Tiran waters.

“The Admiralty said it’s fine when we asked” but referring to you talking to NPCs is a really weird move because you can justify anything with “I decided that the NPCs are fine with it” when they demonstrably should not be. That’s how you get people like that one Faceless One RPer in Stormwind and the numerous other outlandish concepts that nobody wants to associate with.

You can introduce them to interesting areas without blatantly breaking the setting around you.

weird I thought it was

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Jaela_Billman

1 Like

I really don’t think neutrality would fly for even a SECOND anywhere NEAR Boralus with Horde races…

Considering
Well

BfA

Using the ‘Oh insert NPCs here said it was alright!’ excuse to try and justify letting Horde in an underwater bar near Boralus is very much on par with folks who use the same excuse to RP clearly hostile creatures (Say for example, a K’thir) or using factions like the Ebon Blade to try and justify taking a stroll in Orgrimmar or Stormwind without any sort of attempt to conceal their appearances (Looking at you San’layn and Nerubian RPers).

As it’s been suggested already, possibly consider moving to Freeport or Anyport, two places which are vastly more suited for neutral hosted events.