(H) Faster than Lag rebuilding for SL - Weekend raids

Hello community,

After much contemplation and thought over the last few weeks we have decided to rebuild our former guild on a new server, it was roughly 2 years ago when the guild sadly went through a bad patch thanks to BfA. Now we feel it is time to finally resurrect what we used to call home! After pondering the idea, we recently put out a post gauging interest which was a bad move on our part. We realized very quickly that if we were to consider bringing the guild back to life, that we should just go ahead and do it before opening recruitment especially with how BfA has been towards smaller guilds.

So here we are, eager and ready to push forward. Full of ideas, happiness and a keen anticipation towards Shadowlands. What will the new lands hold for us, what secrets and wonders will we stumble upon. More importantly though, who will be there along side us to share the experience.

Let me introduce you to Faster than Lag, a guild originally created to offer new and returning players an opportunity to experience content at a relaxed pace with no pressure or unrealistic expectations. A guild that forged friendships quickly with a unique aspect in that we never established a clique when running content, an example would be that we did regular mythic+ runs and never had the same group of players. Our doors were open to anyone who felt that they were ready to test themselves, this is how we still feel it should be.

Fast forward to Antorus raid tier, the very first tier of our newly established guild. We dipped our toes, learnt from mistakes yet dived right back in each week until 8 resets later we had cleared Heroic difficulty. Not bad for a guild with newer players. Along came BfA and Uldir raid tier where we briefly started Heroic content, sadly myself and my partner had to step back for personal reasons. The guild moved on, new name and identity but never forgotten by the both of us.

So there is Shadowlands on the horizon, a new start with a fresh outlook on the guild. Yes we will start the guild anew but with effort and equal work from all members, we will bring the guild back to it’s original glory. Catered for those of us who have a hectic life consisting of jobs and kids, a place where you can log into knowing that we’ll be on the other side of a load screen waiting to greet you. You won’t have any silly rules forced upon you, nor will we dictate what you play. We’ll always try to help you when possible, which we would expect you also do for others. At the end of the day, we see this guild as a home away from home, treat others the way you’d expect to be treated, engage with the roster and be open to finally doing that part of the game you have always dreaded and we’ll be right there with you.

The important stuff!

What do we want to focus on you may be asking…simple answer is all kinds of PvE. To narrow it down further, mythic+ and raids would top the list with transmog, achievements and mount collecting behind them.

Raids

We have children ourselves and at time ridiculous work hours so we’d focus our raids during the weekend, Friday for sure with Sunday as a likely second day. Ideally looking at starting no earlier than 19:30 st and ending no later than 23:00, Sunday would possibly end slightly earlier due to the Monday morning work shifts for members.

Days can obviously be discussed to best suit the members.

Mythic+

We all love a good dungeon or 2, especially when it involves a challenge. So we’d aim to run groups in the week nights, again after 19:30st. We would certainly try to push keys high enough to give members a decent weekly chest.

All other content would be run on random days when we feel there’s enough interest. However we would be focusing all of our attention towards Shadowlands, what we do in BfA will be for team bonding purposes.

We will create the guild on Ragnaros Horde where 4 of us have already started new characters, we don’t feel it’s worth transferring anything right now until the guild is stable. This makes it a perfect chance for you to test new classes and level up along side us.

Interest!? Great then please add myself Lfc#21212 ( During week days I will be working so responses will be slow until the evenings) or my partner Justme#21312.

We have now gotten the guild up and running.

There is currently 6 of us leveling new characters, as we don’t feel needed to transfer anything over just yet.

Now is a good chance to try a brand new class and level up along side us and get to know us and see if we share the same mindset.

You are welcome to contact us with the above battletags if you have any qestions.