[A-Festival] Festival of the Forge ⚒

Suggested background music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1eU2usWg3M

“Tha’ city has been quiet these years past, and with so many of our skilled kin away working to rebuild tha’ strongholds of the Alliance after the war, we need to bring life back to tha’ city more than ever” affirmed Senator Barleybrew.

“Aye, then it be settled, we shall invest in this ‘ere great undertaking and resurrect that old tradition so our halls an’ people can feel tha’ warmth of prosperity once again” agreed Senator Stonefoot.

What and when is this?

A festival! One based around using Dwarven culture and traditions to draw in the crowds. The main focus is the traders element, as it all leads up to the grand Market on Sunday the 16th.

Traders are encouraged to pitch up stalls, peddle wares and make deals throughout the event with the added bonus of having particular well established and famed traders located in particular stalls on certain days!

The festival will be broken down into three parts over three days.

Friday the 14th - The Great Revelry:
The first night will be a gathering of musicians, story-tellers, singers and all those enthusiastic for merriment. The Great Revelry will take place in the Military ward, allowing plenty of space for food stalls, various games and competitions involving both ballads as well as story’s.

Saturday the 15th - Winter games:
The Festival moves to Kharanos and the snows of Dun Morogh, allowing for a variety of winter sports. Once again both the Tavern and town will be prime spots for selling food, wares or buying a cold pint. Meanwhile all who are willing are welcome to take part in a variety of sports ranging from sledding to hammer ice-breaking! The night will end with an epic boxing bout between two Dwarven champions… who will triumph?

Sunday the 16th - The Grand Market:
The Grand Market will take place in the area around the great forge, providing numerous shops and stalls for all who should venture there. Mithril armor, fine silks, deadly Steel, arcane artifacts and more. The Grand Market will form the main attraction of the festival allowing all those who are trade-centric a chance to show off their wares.

Where will it take place?

Ironforge! The main focus of the festival is to bring a bit of life to the capital of the Dwarves and Bronzebeard clan for a few days (no matter how fleeting). So bring your caravan, rent that room, buy a pint, set up a stall! Have fun, one and all!

While the Festivals core events will take place in select areas, We actively encourage the community to take to the city and enjoy its huge RP potential in every district, area and ward.

How do I get my stall or shop involved?

State your interest here and reach out IC or OOC! We won’t be going by a strictly forum sign up process as room is at a premium. We do have plenty of space to accommodate but we want to help as many people as we can get involved, but we’d like to give the well established and larger trade dedicated guilds/groups/players a fair shot at getting the best spots first. It’s only fair afterall.

Leave a post on this thread showing interest with the following details:

Stall/shop name:
Intended wares: (what you’re selling)
Market Location: (and a number as shown below if you want a particular spot)

Failing that, also contact myself on ‘Hruroth’ if you have further questions!

Schedule:

Friday 14th of January:

19:30 to 20:00 - Opening ceremony
20:30 - Battle of the Bards
21:00 - Tournament of tales
21:30 - Braggards bluff
22:00 - Axe throwing
23:00 - Hot foot

Saturday 15th of January:

20:00 - Winter games gathering
20:30 - The Great Chug Race
21:00 - The Kharanos challenge
21:30 - Sledding
22:00 - Fight night!

Sunday 16th of January:

20:00 - The Grand Market
23:00 - Closing Ceremony

[quote]With the market winding down and weary revelers, traders and visitors preparing to leave Ironforge, the the Morodnir gather those present for a farewell. Ending with a brief prize and honors giving ceremony.
[/quote]

The Grand Market:

While all visitors are encouraged to set up stalls, barter, trade and make bussiness deals throughout the course of the festival, the big event is of course going to be the much heralded Grand Market. This will be held in the area on and around the great Forge. The attractions here will be split into three categories:

Established traders - As shown by the locations marked with red numbers on the map below. These can be applied for IC and on this thread. Preference will be given to established guilds, communities and individuals and usually placed in a suitable spot (I.E, a leatherworker would or should apply for shop spot 11, as that is a leather goods shop).

Other attractions - As shown by locations marked with blue numbers on the map below. These are areas unsuitable for stalls or shops but will be used for other purposes and are already earmarked for use. Sorry!

Non-established stalls - If you’re desperate to make a few coins and can’t get into one of the more grand locations, we will make every effort to find you a spot for your cooking kitchen, gem stall, or other various sales as best we can. It may be between spots or slightly out of the way but we will endeavor to give you every chance to take part.

Established trader stalls:

Stall 1 (Armorer) - Coalworks smithy
Stall 2 (Herbalist) - Chiffoncake Pastries & Cakes
Stall 3 - Raven's Riches
Stall 4 (Pub) - Cask and Anvil, run by the Curious Octopus
Stall 5 (Arcanery) - Aurora Exchange
Stall 6 (Kitchen) - Mogden's Meats
Stall 7 (Bookshop) - Curios of the Wild
Stall 8 (Mining/Jeweler) - Crashin Trashin toys and fireworks
Stall 9 (General stores) - Larsons clothiers
Stall 10 (Tailors) - Not reserved
Stall 11 (Leather goods) - Fallowstag
Stall 12 (Embassy) - Traders forum
Stall 13 (Great forge) - Not reserved
Stall 14 (Great forge) - Blackstone Industries
Stall 15 (Great forge) - Not Reserved

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1) Do I have to be RP’ing on a Dwarf character to attend?
A1) No! Any law abiding citizen of the alliance is welcome. Less law abiding citizens can too, but should probably keep their heads down.

Q2) What about Guards? Will there be any sort of enforcement?
A2) No, the Morodnir don’t believe this necessary as many other such festivals and markets occur without any need for enforcers. If you feel the need to be a dastardly no gooder, I suggest keeping your activities low key inside the Forlorn cavern. If you feel the need to summon a legion invasion, faceless ones, or partake in other ultimately disruptive activities then we may need to have polite words OOC as the festival is not intended for such.

Q3) Am I welcome to organise or contribute events of my own?
A3) Absolutely, just contact myself (Hruroth) or any other Morodnir so we can see about adding you to the schedule and accommodating you as best we can.

Q4) I want to set up a stall, but all the best shop spots are taken, how can I still get involved?
A4) Space is at a premium and we will be biased toward more well established Artisan traders and guilds (They put the effort in, they deserve the prime slots). That said we have other spaces and can even help you knock up a small stall ‘between’ shops if plausible.

Q5) Why Ironforge? Why a market there?
A5) Ironforge has become a much quieter place over the years and its great halls deserve a bit of love and RP, it’s often said to be a shame there isn’t more life in such places hence the Morodnir intend to give it a spark of just that, even if just for 3 days. The IC concept revolves around a headcanon ancient festival where the great clans used to gather to sell their best wares in the city, and we’re using just that as a tool to generate some RP.

Huge thanks to Morgrim and Frolbar for your help! And we hope to see you taking part!

37 Likes

Love this! Awesome initiative :beers: Khaz Modan represent!

2 Likes

Och! Lads! Lasseas! Nae’ a thin fer a missin! :fire::beers::hammer_and_pick:

Do not miss it folks! Gonna be grand!

2 Likes

Come one, come all to Braggard’s Bluff, duel with words and prove your stuff!
If you can spin a tale and turn a phrase, we have beer to share and raise in praise!

2 Likes

I was assured by Hruroth that belly sliding across a frozen river and yeeting people off Ironforge are perfectly reasonable activities. HOP HOP!

2 Likes

Hello, we would love to be there with our Tavern staff to have the pub!

Stall/shop name: Curious Octopus - tavern from Boralus, can make special menu themed for the event.
Intended wares: Drinks, snacks, meals
Market Location: Stall 4 (Pub) - Cask and Anvil (seeking bar-staff)

Our forum post [A-Boralus RP-tavern] Curious Octopus - #14 by Lienoor-argent-dawn

2 Likes

Good to see Ironforge being used again, sounds like fun lads

2 Likes

You’re signed up in slot 4!

Slot 6 is now also taken by Mogden’s meats!

With some effort and luck, even if its just for 3 days, we hopefully put a spark of life into those old halls!

2 Likes

Mogden’s Meats will be open for the market in the usual spot! Will also be serving some food for The Great Revelry, a menu will be posted in the coming weeks.

Flyer for Mogden’s Meats:
https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/3aAxPfjxf_9V

2 Likes

After a long break of Roleplay and WoW in general, it seems like a great and merry time to return! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi! are ready to sell some 'taterjuice and moonshine at the Grand Market if you’ll have us :slight_smile: We’ll also see what other farm-goods we can bring with us from Stormsong.

Name: The Hayworth Farm
Products: Moonshine, Vodka ('taterjuice) + Farm produce.

Hope you enjoyed your 'naners :cowboy_hat_face: :banana:

2 Likes

They were supreme! :banana: :monkey: :mage:

Consider yourselves signed up, I’ll try and find an ideal spot and let you know in due course!

2 Likes

We would love to host a stall at the market, glad to see the place used.

Stall/shop name: The Aurora Exchange
Intended wares: Relics, rarities, reagents and enchantments.
Market Location: Stall 5 please (Arcanery)

3 Likes

Ah, an opportunity to annoy the old man again I see.

1 Like

So! There’s an opportune spot just outside stall/shop number 6, it’s a large cart which is rather handy if you’re trying to move and sell lots of farm produce. You’d also be well positioned next to ‘Mogden’s meats’ allowing for possible cross-trade and keeps all the juicy food close together. Shall I pop you in there? (Also, will you be selling your fine moonshine on the Revelry and Winter sports nights?).

The spot is as below:

There is currently another curious Artisan vying for that spot, but I believe they may be taking slot 3. So you should likely get the Arcanery, we’ll see a little later tonight! Thanks for your patience!

As for the other slots, we still have space in the dedicated shops for:

• 3 x Metalworking Artisans around the great forge
  • A leatherworker
  • Tailoring and silk goods
  • Gem cutting
  • A book shop
  • Herbalist / Alchemist

As well as that I can make space and positions for others inbetween.

We’re also on the lookout for another Tavern keeping company or group to run the Kharnos Tavern on the winter sports night! (January 15th).

1 Like

Sure! I think we’ve already traded somewhat with Mogden’s :cut_of_meat: during the last Boralus Market, so it’s a good combo. And we don’t have any competing products as far as I know.

Ya gon’ need sum 'taters with that steak.

I’ll check the availability with the family and get back to you on this one if it involves having a stand much like the Grand Market on the 16th. :cowboy_hat_face:

If the intent is to serve it, then no, we’re not trying to compete with or be a bar-guild/provider, but we’d be happy to offer them a discounted rate to sell it for us :beers:

1 Like

are we able to put our name down next to stall 7 as a secondary option?

1 Like

No problem at all :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you kindly friend. looking forward to this.

2 Likes

HEH, GAH! Good havin’ yee! :beers::hammer_and_pick::fire:

… bu’ … wha’ in tha forg’ ar’ yee wearin’?!?