[A/N-RP] Hand of Cenarius

Fare well, Melysanna Ravencaller!

9 Likes

Murderer :eye::lips::eye:

7 Likes

Can’t believe @Ravenspride stole Nerathion’s eventual Highborne kill???

truly angery rn :rage: :triumph::triumph::triumph:

7 Likes

Our discord does not have enough sad emojis to convey my feelings. This truly is the worst timeline.
What’s even worse, they took my trust level three away from me.

https://i.imgur.com/aATGP66.png

5 Likes

This is such a work of art.

9 Likes

Finally, a fellow connoisseur of the Kraimojis™. Much appreciated.

6 Likes

I’ll be back…
(on a new character of course! unless? :smiling_imp:)

5 Likes

Failure

“Why?”

Mythundis leaned on a rounded, white font, filled with clear, silvery waters. His voice, soft but hopeful, called out to something greater high above - but his dark eyes remained downcast, almost glued to the font. Their defeat in the Nightmare had been too much for him to bottle up, and he reached for help.

“Why?” he asked again.

Melys’ death had broken something in him. It was not the Nightmare’s whispering nor the Nightmare’s horrors that broke him - it was her death.

“Why does this keep happening to me?”

He waited a few long, drawn-out moments, hopeful for a response. But he received none. She spoke to Her followers when they needed it, but he didn’t need it. Deep down, Mythundis knew exactly why: he was the reason.

He hung over the font and stared down. Below, in the still waters, the druid could make out his reflection. Mythundis could see the scarred, weary elf below. His old, wrinkly face looked horrid; there were heavy, dark circles nestled under his eyes, and his features looked sunken - gaunt, even.

He shook his head and pushed himself away from the font. His hand reached for his staff, and he felt himself clutching it for support - he grew weaker, physically, and it was abundantly clear. Were these signs of ageing, too?

Mythundis hobbled away from the font with his unusual gait, and slumped down against one of Forest Song’s pillars. He pulled his legs in, and wrapped his arms around them. He sat like that for a long moment, contemplative, before his body gave in.

For the first time in years, Mythundis wept.

His time as Keeper was riddled with failures, and the druid was liable to wrong, unsafe decisions. He was uncaring, blind to the state of his allies, and now they all paid the price for his faults.

This was not the first time he failed his responsibilities as Keeper. In the past, he alienated the one he regarded almost like a son - Kraityn. He had been impatient, unfair, and cruel to the young Worgen. When Mythundis sought him out in Moonglade, he was wrongly surprised that Kraityn flung insult after insult at him. Only now did he realize that these barbs were not merely insults; they were painful truths.

He had come to miss Kraityn’s presence, even. From his quick wit, to his unending creativity, to his shy persona.

Now, all that was gone. Melys was dead, and Kraityn had disappeared.

And it was his fault.

13 Likes

Dayum…

Hedris is here if ya need him! Stay strong you hunky chunk of druid!!!

2 Likes

Although we were meant to embark on a guild campaign to Nazjatar tonight, we’ve decided to cancel it for various reasons.

As such, we’ll be about in Ashenvale until late October, when we do want to go ahead with the aforementioned campaign. This means that recruitment will stay open until then, and that people are free to contact me or Kraityn if they have interest in the guild.

Naturally, you’re free to come seek us out for some good ol’ casual fireside roleplay - we’ll be in Astranaar for the most part!

12 Likes

This guild has been a delight to spend time with and I wholeheartedly endorse them!

6 Likes

A hearty welcome to both Gladesworn and Ivy - both have completed a Pilgrimage and passed a Rite of Initiation!

We will be in Astranaar until the end of the week, at which point we’ll embark on our next campaign in Nazjatar; recruitment will, like usual, be closed during the duration of the campaign.

9 Likes

We started off our mysterious, void riddled campaign with the Adherents last night. Both groups have been thrown into a watery awakening, eluding from danger as they stay hidden in a small cave.

Demon Hunters and Druids, what can go wrong?

11 Likes

Plenty can go wrong, and it does, as the two incompatible groups are embroiled in a mystery spanning the whole of Nazjatar. Will they be able to work together and end the void corruption threatening to spread out, or will they succumb to that very corruption themselves, in addition to their own prejudices and old hatreds?

Only time will tell.

All jokes aside, this has been an awesome campaign so far, and it’s in no small part due to the group dynamics that permeate DM-ed and casual RP, and the crazily active ic-status Discord channel.

6 Likes

A group of weary, battered night elves and one worgen make their way into Orendil’s Retreat overnight. They’re quickly identified as the Hand of Cenarius and although most of them keep to themselves, rumours quickly spread through Ashenvale of their sudden reappearance.

With the Secrets of the Depths campaign finished, we’re back in Ashenvale! A BIG thank you to the Adherents of Altruis - we’ve had an absolute blast, and I’m sure they did as well.

We’ll be opening recruitment again over the coming days, though we’re also not sticking around too long - another campaign lurks right around the corner. If you’re interested, you can hit me up in-game through mails or whispers, or through Discord (Karbonkel#3509)

6 Likes

We’re currently sticking in Ashenvale for a calm week of recovering, lectures & sparring. Next, we’ll probably look to set off on another campaign for ~2 weeks - if you’re interested, come find us!

Note: preferably no more inexperienced characters; we’ve plenty of those at the moment, and I’d like to balance things out.

4 Likes

hopefully i get mythundis this time, wish me luck :pray:

If you’re interested in high-quality Night Elf & Worgen RP with a fantastic OOC community, Hand of Cenarius comes greatly recommended.
Check them out.

This is not a request.

6 Likes

Little update that recruitment will possibly be revamped in the near, near future to make joining up before events/campaigns easier; a bigger update will follow when it’s hammered out fully.

Setting off on a campaign hosted by the lovely Ravenspride next week - very excited!

4 Likes

The Hand have recently journeyed to Feathermoon - looking worse for wear - as they get their well deserved respite before moving on.

For now, we’re on a brief hiatus over the festive period! Looking forward to whatever comes next.

Oou wgah yyqZz uhnish guu’lal Qwor wgah za kaaxth.

8 Likes

The Blessing of War event-chain was a good one and was an opportunity to contact you guys, hopefully you’ll have a similar event within that category regarding preparations (or actual battles) against the minions of the rising Old God. May the Hand of Cenarius continue grasping defilers and swallowing them whole into the earth.

1 Like