[A-PvE, RP] Returning player, part II

Well, where to start? Earlier today I posted what seemed to me an innocent query looking for some players or a guild that I can join with as I level my new character on Argent Dawn, and unleashed a veritable torrent of extremely heated opinions on the subject of the PCU.

Now, having just returned to WoW after a long time away this means nothing to me, and meaning no offense to anyone on either side of the debate it is impossible for me to form a balanced judgement cos I all I have to go on is the word of one group of strangers vs the word of another group.

So all I will say here is thanks very much to the people who took the time to respond, there was some helpful stuff in there, and I’ll be following up some leads in game.

Twiriantu The Slightly Bewildered

9 Likes

Welcome back

It was just one deranged crazy posting on a throwaway account vs. a community of 250+ role players

12 Likes

Hope you find the guild you seek, friend.

Just watchout for lingering on words made from throwaway burner accounts on the forums :wink:

3 Likes

So what exactly is the PCU, and what is the controversy?

1 Like

A large group of rp guilds in both aliance and horde. To keep it short.

4 Likes

Gotcha. Well I got a few good recommends out of that last post, hopefully that’s enough to find some good people in game. The acid test is can you run a whole dungeon with someone without wanting to metaphorically punch them right in the internet?

1 Like

really powerful gamers that certain people are afraid of for no clear reason other than the fact they’re more popular

Yeah, it’s just a large community of guilds. They keep their seperate guild identities and themes, while RPing cross-guild events or stories together, sometimes have large multi-guild attendance campaigns, attend and back up each other’s events. It’s intimidating at first, but it’s honestly a really pleasant and fulfilling community to be in.

The controversy, honestly, is that any kind of large group or ‘big name’ tends to also inspire rumour and behind-back talking. I say this not as a shill, but because I saw this exact thing happen on the Sha’tar when I was there too. Someone who made lots of large events was accused of trying to monopolise and take over… it’s happening here all over again, is all.
RPers are a funny bunch. They want the content made and delivered, but some resent the ones that do it. Anyway, there’s honestly no monopoly that I’m aware of. Everyone just wants to RP and wants to create and take part in it. They’re just really eager about roleplay in World of Warcraft! Well, unless there’s a second officer chat I’m not actually aware of where they discuss these dastardly ideas…

7 Likes

Could always use party sync to others that are lvling even if they are much higher lvl than you and do those dungs, finding a group that way should be easy.

Sorry that your previous thread got derailed and closed. While I can’t help you out, being a Hordie and everything, there will be Alliance guilds rolling in to throw you a bone in your search.

Don’t pay any attention to the “antipcu” dude. I think the fact he named himself something that petty just to attack us says enough about the sort of person that kicks up a fuss. Anyhow in regards to what the PCU is, here is a helpful thread for you to find out more:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.