A round of applause for Preach

Ah alright! Thanks :+1:

Preach does a good job in explaining how RNG has basically made any kind of consistency in terms of raiding impossible as it solely relys on you getting lucky rather than you being able to work out in advance what you need to maximise your output.

12 Likes

Yeah but it’s a problem with no solution, common to many other games.
It’s a combo between the need to keep you subbed, and a noob protection.

Won’t go away i’m afraid.

3 Likes

I merely stated he did a good job explaining it. Ion does explain why but Preach is 100% not backing down like other youtuber/streamers I have seen interview the Blizzard devs in the past couple days.

Its a good back and forth between the both of them.

2 Likes

big man preach doing the community proud, and respect for ion for the interview

20 Likes

you should also give blizzard/ion some credits. he might not have given the answer we wanted. tho conduits no longer being destroy-able is a good start.

dont forget blizzard them self wanted this dialog, so that proofs that they do care. but you have to take in acount that ion can not change something from the get go. he talk about stuff that the team talked about. he can not talk about the future only explain why they did things. it might be possible that ion changed his mind on somethings but he cant show or say that untill he has spoken to his team.

so lets see what comes from this.

8 Likes

I think he did great but I felt some of it was repetitive anger. I think it should have been balanced. Also, he mentioned the same frustration many times. I don’t think Ion was going to give a different answer everytime he asked the question.

I do agree with everything he was saying.

I think you’ve slightly misunderstood what Ion said. He said they wont be going live as they are right now. It doesnt mean they’ve totally scrapped the idea entirely.

1 Like

it might be possible that ion changed his mind on somethings but he cant show or say that untill he has spoken to his team.

I really hope this is the case.

1 Like

the only 2 things i need is:

• make conduits/soulbinds like talents that you have a clean sheet for every spec.
  • make covenant ability like talents that you can choose witch one you want to use and give the shoulbinds of that ability. (similar how preach worded it)
4 Likes

well he said they are going to get rid of the destruction of conduits. and that they dont like that either. they still havent found a solution.

1 Like

They could just have it like essences right now, in the sense that once you have them unlocked the conduits on your character they’re basically in a library that you can switch but only use one type of the same essence at a time.

1 Like

not against that.

i also like the idea of just having a fresh sheet for your soulbind for each talent. just like talents.

like you main heal spec and have that filled and when you switch to dps you can fill that one but it will remember the ones in your heal spec. and with that way you even can keep the destroyable conduits i think. becouse you dont have to replace them every time you switch spec.

1 Like
4 Likes

I think our ideas combined would make conduits/soulbinds far better than what we’ve had to deal with during BFA with Azerite pieces.

:+1:

(mythic) Raid loggers will raid log for a long time if like last mythic bosses loot is “the best” for the content they are doing and next tier won’t trash it instantly.

If they need something to have non-addicted players subbed and not just sub for a month every major patch then they should make something worth playing instead of artificially time gating or bribing with some system.

Like all legendaries are standard power progression right now. Why can’t there be a legendary for fishing or other profession? Even make it like the Legion legendary fishing rod and give it a progression tree of it own.

Someone is not doing any “end game” defined as raids, M+ or ranked PvP? The why the gear is only vertical with ilvl (and lots of ilvl inflation, 4 raid difficulties to cover). Just add some horizontal gearing. A legendary for pets with a progression tree allowing to track otherwise unobtainable pets, then if you go deep into that you would be able to track special beasts for hunters for example - making “end game” hunters hire you to go through Un’Goro looking for one… Then we have gear/legendary for open world / covenant activities and alike.

Oh, and cooking legendary, “burnt frying pan” could drop from Nomi work orders :stuck_out_tongue: Additional effect +10000% fire damage while in kitchen.

Please be civil.

I have gotten more respect for Ion after this interview. He had really solid arguments and clearly clarified his vision for the game.

This was such a good interview, two guys with such a extensive knowledge of the game, having a hard talk about player choice and agency.

Absolutely amazing.

Well done Preach and really well done Ion, so glad he did this interview without red tape.

Respect!

8 Likes

Ion went to Preach o_O he has some courage at least, now he must muster the courage rectify his mistakes or to quit and let others fix his mess

1 Like

I feel i need to clarify something here, the other streamers/youtubers didnt actually back down. See there is a slight nuance where most people are given a chanse to interview a game dev, and how an interview works is you ask your questions and move on. In Preach’s case however he was given the green light to actually push into a discusion, so you saw how he could question the answers given. Take bellulars video for example he didnt agree with the conduit answer but he didnt really have permision to further question the topic.

Good job on Preach and i do hope that this interview/conversation gave Blizzard some feedback on the actual player mentality.

2 Likes

What i got from Ion’s answer is that they will figure out a way to swap them freely but also somehow prevent you from swaping them from one boss to the other. I really have no issue with this, hell i want covenant abilities to be like that aswell. I can see how min/maxing the covenants (especially free to swap covenants) can break boss encounters and trivialize them, i dont want to stack cheat deaths for one boss and executes for the other i just want my character to have the option to swap its specs and perform optimally when i raid or do M+, thats all.