[A-RP] Adherents of Altruis - Recovery

Very much looking forward to the stories and events next week :eyes:

3 Likes

A less terrifying story than Aeneon’s, but a story nonetheless. :cat:

Now the rain battered her too. Cold showers, caustic, driving her skin into a tetchy shiver and throwing up the earth’s wet smell – but no newer, houndish urge to flee the weather could ever take away her love for the aroma of rain.

For a moment, she will stand in reverie – allow the rain to kiss her crown and make rivers of her scarlines. For once, she will keep her hood down. Little watery bites along her body will, perhaps, focus her a little more on the here and now. She was grateful for its characteristic numb.

Mewling. Strangled kittenish cries. Nalyth turned her head downwards and opened her eyes. This was some ways away, she knew, but her pin-pricked skin belied the urgency of its situation. If she was cold, this saber cub was sure to be too. Careful steps – self-conscious of her own monstrosity – she’ll tune into her sordid sight to find it. Something useful, she thinks – a little good from a lot of wrong.

Her bare feet break branches and feel fine. There, between the shrubs, a waxy outline. Still, her nose snuffles anyway – too doggishly excited at her find. She crouches low, now, pressing her fingers to the ground. A careful crouch, leading toe by toe.

Amongst the bushes, a pink-nosed, soot-furred face is there to greet her, the forest interloper. It mewls a little more – soaked, shaking, raw. That knots her brow. She looks down at her hands – these awful, claw-tipped hands, that had taken lives and two silver eyes. What is she to do – scaled, rough, sharp – the horrid hellspawn. And the saber cub, so frighteningly fragile.

Shaking too, now, she lifts the saber cub up, half-limp in her fingers – and then stops. Carefully, she places it back down and snaps out of her self-pity. She undoes her tatty shawl, revealing her sickly, green-inked trailings.

This is something I can protect. She bundles it up and holds it to her heart. It’ll be warmest here. Rain drips off her waterproof scales.

4 Likes

Very interesting to see! I was surely tempted to consider joining, but I doubt my own DH would enjoy it. Nonetheless, it will be interesting to see you lot around! :sparkles:

2 Likes

can i join on my paladin

one hundred percent yes

The planned public events are now open for sign-ups! If you are interested in joining one or more of these events, feel free to either sign-up via the forum, in-game mail or whisper. Make sure to mention which events exactly you’d like to attend. There will be a limit on the number of participants, so while showing up spontaneously is fine, those that signed up will always take priority!

Curious notices are placed, week by week, upon the mission boards of one or two kaldorei bases throughout Darkshore and Ashenvale. Further away from the boards, at least one Demon Hunter seems to stand watch, making sure no unwelcome Horde spies make their way inside the base.

Judge, Jury and Executioner
Saturday, 1st of June, 8.30 PM
Meeting location: Near the Fallen Sky Lake, south of Silverwing Outpost

The presence of a high-ranking member of the Church of the Forgotten Shadow has become known to the sentinels of Ashenvale. Having thus far eluded their arrows, this Forsaken shadow priest, named Father Bertrand, is to be intercepted and assassinated as he returns to Orgrimmar. Demon hunters are particularly well-equipped to deal with this more special, magical threat. As such, non-Illidari are welcome to volunteer themselves for this task.

Sign-ups: Aeneon, Nalyth, Zvezra, Narthelos, Tarathrel, Jekyn, Nelienea (…)

Atonement
Saturday, 8th of June, 8.30 PM
Meeting location: Ruined pavilion near the Grove of the Ancients

With the Horde gaining ground once again, many soldiers, both kaldorei and Gilnean alike, have found themselves becoming prisoners of war. Likely awaiting interrogation and execution, it will take a great deal of speed and stealth to free them from the Blackwood Den. Demon hunters who no longer affiliate themselves with the Illidari are welcome to lend their aid in this endeavor.

Sign-ups: Aeneon, Nalyth, Narthelos, Tarathrel, ?Jekyn, (…)

Lost Children
Saturday, 15th of June, 8.30 PM
Meeting location: Northeastern outskirts of Bashal’aran

Over only a couple of days, a roaming group of Dark Rangers has sought out and slayed several sentinel units. Using the knowledge of their past life, these risen kaldorei were able to ambush their former brothers and sisters on forest paths and in hide-outs once presumed safe. Demon hunters no longer with the Illidari may volunteer themselves to track them down and put their misguided souls to rest.

Sign-ups: Aeneon, Nalyth, Zvezra, Tarathrel, Jekyn, Narthelos, (…)

Scapegoat
Saturday, 22nd of June, 8.30 PM
Meeting location: Woods north of Auberdine

Several officers within the Black Moon army have been slain by an elusive assassin. As the Wardens assigned to these assassinations have yet the catch the perpetrator, they have extended an invitation towards any Demon Hunters who would aid them in exacting justice. As before, Illidari are not welcome.

Sign-ups: Aeneon, Nalyth, Zvezra, Tarathrel, Älandris (…)

Lastly, a note for those interested in RP-PvP and who might have eyed the thread but were put off by the lack of mention of it: The vast majority of our events will be RP-PvE via DMs, however, we will still on occasion participate in smaller-scaled guild versus guild events if the opportunity offers itself up. The systems employed will usually boil down to emotes (as the new language potion has at least torn down that barrier) OR coordinated unrestricted RP-PvP sometimes mixed with DMs on both sides. The preference of the guild members will in the end be the deciding factor if and how we will conduct those events.

6 Likes

This looks like a really cool guild, and it makes me real happy to see Demon Hunters out and about still.

On the other hand?

Illidan did nothing wrong.

3 Likes

I would love to sign up for all of the events! Realm changed this character a bit ago and it seems the forums hasn’t updated. Name is Nelienea! (Mylaellas is another of my characters)

4 Likes

I’ll show for at least the event on June first on my Demon Hunter Jekyn. Can’t use the character on the forum for some reason, but I’ll be there! I intend to show for the following events too, but there’s uncertainties in my planning so I can’t guarantee it (yet).

I really look forward to it! The guild seems awesome, and I sure know its leaders are!

4 Likes

What a great guild concept, you guys! I can’t wait to see where this goes and after reading the opening post, I am seriously considering RP-ing a Demon Hunter.

The leaders of this guild are awesome people and terrific RP-ers, I would completely recommend joining to any Demon Hunter out there, especially those tired of being spat at by the rest of Kaldorei society.

6 Likes

I agreeeee!

1 Like

I sadly had to change the order of the events due to the unfortunate Warfront rotation. I’m hoping this will be the last time I have to switch them around. Apologies to anyone who might have had an eye on one particular event plot and perhaps now can’t attend it due to the new assigned date. Let me know if you want to sign off or sign up again to any particular one.

2 Likes

Reminder that this event is happening on Saturday and a maximum of two spots are still open! If you are interested, just contact me in-game or leave a post in the thread.

Judge, Jury and Executioner
Saturday, 1st of June, 8.30 PM
Meeting location: Near the Fallen Sky Lake, south of Silverwing Outpost

The presence of a high-ranking member of the Church of the Forgotten Shadow has become known to the sentinels of Ashenvale. Having thus far eluded their arrows, this Forsaken shadow priest, named Father Bertrand, is to be intercepted and assassinated as he returns to Orgrimmar. Demon hunters are particularly well-equipped to deal with this more special, magical threat. As such, non-Illidari are welcome to volunteer themselves for this task.

Sign-ups: Aeneon, Nalyth, Zvezra, Narthelos, Tarathrel, Jekyn, Nelienea (…)

Link to the full event list:

4 Likes

i really like these guys btw, except their excessive drinking and very problematic drug abuse

yes they both do these things

edit: and they’re very coordinated about it, forgot to add that

2 Likes

Yesterday’s event was great! I felt like it really captured the DH fantasy in its essence, with things they excel at as well as keeping in mind their inherent weaknesses.

Definitely looking forward to attend the rest once I am back! (though I suppose it makes sense for Zve to miss the next assignment, the girl got absolutely trashed last night)

4 Likes

:blush:

And with that the next event in line happens coming Saturday. If you are interested in joining the guild when it finally launches properly, feel free to snoop around by joining one of the remaining three events. Simply make sure to whisper Nalyth or me beforehand to sign up!

Atonement
Saturday, 8th of June, 8.30 PM
Meeting location: Ruined pavilion near the Grove of the Ancients

With the Horde gaining ground once again, many soldiers, both kaldorei and Gilnean alike, have found themselves becoming prisoners of war. Likely awaiting interrogation and execution, it will take a great deal of speed and stealth to free them from the Blackwood Den. Demon hunters who no longer affiliate themselves with the Illidari are welcome to lend their aid in this endeavor.

Sign-ups: Aeneon, Nalyth, Narthelos, Tarathrel, ?Jekyn, (…)

3 Likes

We still have 1-2 spots open for tonights event. Do a :clock10: last minute :clock10: sign-up by poking Nalyth/me in-game if you are interested!

1 Like

Absolutely cannot wait to work with these guys in the future - the concept and roleplay is great, and I’m sure it’ll be swell to butt heads IC.

5 Likes

100% agree with you, the idea and thought put into this guild makes me want to make and RP a DH just to join up with them :smiley:

4 Likes

Finally!
A guild that recognizes Altruis for the absolute hero he is! :smiley:

4 Likes