[A-RP] Puff by the Ocean - Fine cigars, pipes & tobacco *EVENT notice*

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man’s enjoyment of his cigar’’. - Mark twain

Or perhaps…

"Ah, if only I had brought a cigar with me! This would have established my identity". - Charles Dickens

We all know Fras Siabi who owned and operated Fras Siabi’s Premium Tobacco, a smoke shop in Stratholme. But coming soon to a location near you in Stormwind and Boralus is Puff by the Ocean A self-operated premium cigar shop, run by Carter Seapoint.

I’m an absolute fan of cigars myself, so I thought why not try to bring some of that love into the game. Often my characters smoke cigars. And I know I’m not the only one! I’ve seen many characters light one up, or carry a box around. So why not accommodate those characters, with a place to buy those cigars! cus’ we all like to kick back and smoke some premium tobacco. I’ve worked in a cigar shop and always wanted to open one myself, while that might not become reality, as I’ve taken a different career path. I can apply what I know into the game. Win-win situation :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Currently Puff by the Ocean hasn’t opened its doors yet. So what can you expect once it does? As I’ve said before I’d like to accommodate a place for characters to buy cigars and lounge around, while also offering merchant/adventurous RP! Cus’ Carter doesn’t just run the store, no… NO he also has his very own merchant ship The Smokin’ Stogie which at the moment is very much without a crew…

Guild structure & ranks

We have a shop, hopefully we’ll have two shops and we have a ship. Our shop focuses on merchant RP casual and open to the community with the possibility to attend community festivals, markets and so forth! Whereas our ship will allow more adventurous RP we do have cargo to run! Or we’ve heard there is some pretty decent tobacco to be found in the South Seas! There are always islands to explore. Adventurous guild events like those will most likely be DM’d with elements of RP/PvE.

Ranks, can’t have enough o’ those!

Puff by the Ocean

• Owner self explanitory and belonging to Carter Seapoint.
  • Supervisor overseeing the business on a day-to-day basis when the big man is out.
  • Marketeer a person with an eye for opportunity, you know the product and you know how to sell it. Perhaps you even strike a deal which lands us a stall at a local fair.
  • Shop assistant you can handle your own and have responsibilities in the store.
  • Clerk we all have to start somewhere, ring up those customers. Perhaps give them some advice on which blend is just to die for.

The Smokin’ Stogie

• Ship’s Captain there is only one of you, you hold ultimate command and responsibility of this merchant vessel.
  • Purser you are responsible for all administration and of supplies such as food and drink! You’re also in charge of cargo. Keep that tobacco dry!
  • Boatswain you are the foreman on deck, keep those sailors in line and give 'em tasks to do! make your Capt’s life easier.
  • Sailor yes, you matter! a ship doesn’t run itself and you are if I dare say so its lifeblood.

I’m fairly happy with this general outline, but this post is of course subject to change and can be added to. I would love to hear your feedback.
Currently I’m not actively recruiting, but if you like the idea I’m playin’ around with feel free to message me in-game or through discord: ShadoqX#6514

I feel almost obligated to say this, so here it goes! Smoking can lead to serious health issues. So this is in no way me promoting smoking in real life.
I’m just sharing one of my passions with Argent Dawn in roleplay fashion.

Cheers.

7 Likes

The guild name is adorable, and all by all looks like a fun concept! =) To bad none of my characters are smokers :frowning:

1 Like

The Guild name is a absolute ten. Good luck on getting the Guild going!

A smart move to include it, nonethless!

1 Like

Sounds like a fun and unique idea, best of luck :smiley:

1 Like

Puff by the Ocean - Fine cigars, pipes & tobacco has since a few days ago openend up shop, selling their wares from a wagon, which they share with Lisa McKeever who sells the most delicious candy.

Located near the Scribe of Stormwind!

You can find us there durin’ evening hours, or contact Carter Seapoint himself, he’ll open up shop just for you! Openin’ hours are irregular due to the current location being a temporary set-up.

In other news! Puff by the Ocean - Fine cigars, pipes & tobacco are happy to announce that in collaboration with Remingstead Connoisseur they’ve organized a tasting event. This event is on a half first-come, first-served basis as a select few will be invited to this event. We’ll have limited seating.

During this evening guests will enjoy three cigars, cigars from Puff by the Ocean’s wide selection of premium cigars. Beverages have been paired accordingly by Remingstead Connoisseur. This level of expertise on both sides can only result in an excellent tastin’ experience.

OOC Details
Date & time: April 11th at 20:00 server time
Extra info: The event will be hosted in the upstairs section of the Pig and Whistle, we’ve got limited seating up there, so if you’d like to attend but wasn’t formally invited, do let us know if you’ll swing by on the eleventh. So we kinda’ know what the situation is going to look like.

Regarding this event, you can contact Seapoint or Remingstead.

Futhermore! Puff by the Ocean - Fine cigars, pipes & tobacco enter in an exciting time as the business has entered several negotiations with larger third parties. These opportunities will allow for more brand awareness!

The future is lookin’ bright!

3 Likes

I love this :heart_eyes: :smoking:

Added to Calendar: Upcoming Events ✨

Hope you have a great event!

1 Like

Much appreciated! Thank you :tumbler_glass: :smoking: If it’s succesful! I’ll look into hosting more such events, we have afterall a very good lookin’ selection of cigars.

When it’s completed I’ll post a link to our cigar selection overview! a list for customers an’ business partners.

Hosting an event yourself? Need cigars for your guests? Come see us!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.