[A-RP] Specter of Servitude - Against the Scourge

Hi there.

Specter of Servitude is an Alliance roleplaying guild for death knights, specifically knights of the Ebon Blade. We aim for most of our roleplay to take place in the Shadowlands while the expansion is still relevant (though there will inevitably be times when we will find ourselves on Azeroth)

We welcome both neutral death knights and faction-pledged death knights, seeing as the roleplay that will take place here will not include harming one faction in the name of the other.

The guild name is OOC, but IC we are a contingent of death knights led by a singular commander: my character. Everyone else will be considered of the same status inside the contingent (your character might claim otherwise, but that’s a different story), but ranks will not play a significant role in character-driven roleplay, AKA when we are not considered to be on official assignment.

The guild name is meant to emphasize the ever-looming threat of becoming servants to greater powers again, a threat that long stalked Arthas’ renegade death knights, and arguably still does, while they themselves continue to visit the same dark fate that they were cursed with upon others around them.

In regard to guild roleplay, you can expect this to be had in the form of spontaneous roleplay, but also as events and storylines alike that we find a date for and toss in the in-game calendar. So, the guild will engage in RP-PVE, but also RP-PVP however it can be found. Our top priority is for roleplay - events and storylines alike - to be character driven and including players outside of the guild too whenever circumstances permit it, as not to find ourselves trapped in our own roleplay bubble.

While we always encourage creativity (within the frames of the Warcraft universe), there are a few ground rules we would like for our members to abide by in terms of their characters: wear something we all can agree on a death knight of Acherus would wear. Wield a rune weapon and ride a Deathcharger.

Note: The concept is essentially that of Fealty to the Grave, which was a Horde roleplaying guild for death knights led by myself through all of Legion and into Battle for Azeroth. We hope to repeat its success here on Alliance but with much more focus on player-interaction and spontaneous roleplay rather than scripted events, which were far too common back then. For even though I still look back on most of the storylines with joy, the most memorable moments were ever those that included other players and guilds, so that will be our top priority here.

If you have any questions or if you are interested in joining, feel free to leave a post below or contact me in-game via my battletag: Val#22186. And yes, we do have a Discord server.

Suffer Well, friends. See you out there!

11 Likes

big up, the dawn of dk rp is at hand

3 Likes

Big up! The Ebon Blade will cover all fronts.

3 Likes

Only recently joined but the RP so far and what might be coming up in the future seems super promising. Very pleasant people OOC, too. Can recommend it to any DK on guild search.

2 Likes

Started my Roleplay in Fealty back in the day(Gaalrim here).

Rottusk is a great GM and I wish you all the best of luck! See you in Acherus :skull:

1 Like

Good luck out there!

2 Likes

Thank you guys!

These days we are roleplaying in Acherus, both the new and the old one, while the necropolis remains situated in Icecrown all the same. I’m thinking it won’t be long now before we move the roleplay to Oribos and beyond though! I’m eagerly looking forward to it.

1 Like

I just recently made a Death Knight and this concept peaks my curiousity. I maybe will seek you myself with that character.

1 Like

Hello there.
I will be making a few changes to the guild. They are as follows:

1. We will not be using the Dicemaster addon for our events afterall. It is a cool system, but not one I can envision myself teaching new members. Plus, it would simply be a shame if somebody winds up finding it too difficult to understand and decides not to join or stay in the guild because of it. That makes it simply not worth it in my book.
  2. Our goal is still to roleplay in the Shadowlands whenever we can, but also as long as it makes sense. For like it is with every new expansion: when the content is new, there are a lot of non-RP players running around as well as max-level mobs, which can sometimes feel distracting. That being said, we very much still intend to seize the opportunity to roleplay there while it is still relevant, but there will also be roleplay for us to be had back on Azeroth, so please bear this in mind!
  3. I will be making my character an Ebon Blade commander IC. The guild name is still OOC, but IC our members will now be part of an Ebon Blade contingent. Apart from this new commander rank and as far as the ranking system itself goes, every other member will still be considered equal to one another.
    This change is meant to help guide our characters’ efforts during official assignments, with there now being an authority present. It should not prove to have any significant impact on other kinds of events, like the ones where a death knight’s own dark ambitions spring to surface and the roleplay is now driven solely by a character’s decisions.

I will make sure to update the main post above with these changes at some point. If anyone has any questions in regard to what has been said, please, ask away!

3 Likes

We had our first bit of roleplay in Oribos last night. The Maw was discussed, as well as the other afterlives and the covenants. The guild does not center around one specific covenant, so members are more than welcome to pledge themselves to whichever one they prefer. Who knows, maybe having death knights in each covenant will prove handy in future events?

And seeing as the Maw itself remains too dangerous to travel to, Revendreth is where we will head next. The final wing of LFR may have been released, but we will still consider Sire Denathrius to be active for a little longer so that our characters may get to see Revendreth as it appeared during the questing experience.

Rest assured that should we wind up running into other roleplayers, and they consider the Sire to be defeated, we will find a solution to this - it should not prove to be a problem.

2 Likes

We have arrived in Revendreth and are currently stationed in Darkhaven. Tomorrow, the first of a series of events will begin, where we will meet with some of Renathal’s rebels that operate out of the village and discuss, based on what intel they possess, how best to move against the Sire and his sycophants.

1 Like

I will be in touch!

1 Like

Our trip to Revendreth has been put on hold for the moment as we work to find more people to join us! And in other news, we now consider the Sire to be defeated, seeing as I have realized the events I have in mind for us are not dependant on him being active afterall.

In April we will be attending the Return of the Damned Campaign in Northrend, so we will be staying on Azeroth for the time being - taking the fight to the hordes of undead rampaging across the Frozen Wastes.

2 Likes

We wish our fellow Ebon Knights good tidings in their pursuits.

We count on you to rep the Hold, Brothers and Sisters. Ashes to Ashes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.