[A-RP] The Last Court - Highborne guild

A hush fell on the gathering. Compared with their surroundings these elves markedly stood out; their finery, countenances and manners of address all spoke of age long resigned to the annals of history. The Highborne at the head of the table rose to his feet, though his tone was cordial it lacked none of the firmness and authority he had come to wield in this venture.

“We have a choice: to skulk around the ruins of our empire and lamenting days gone past, or to secure a legacy for our people other than ‘sunderers of the world’. The Last Court stands not as an edifice of ages past, but as a promise to the ages to come: we last of the ancient and noble Highborne pledge to fight the rising tides, defend our fellow Kaldorei, honour their commitments and alliances and enshrine our arcane legacy for generations to come.”

More than enough of the assembled Highborne nodded at his words, others were more guarded and slow to form their opinions. A couple stood abruptly, their faces thunder at some perceived slight and marched out of the meeting. The Highborne leading the meeting watched them leave, his thoughts private.

Looking around the assembly he took in their features: they seemed to be standing a little taller, their shoulders back and heads held a little-higher. There was determination, resolution and a will to act.

“So shall it be” he uttered, smiling with pride. A single stomp of his staff on the wooden floor conjured into a life a large banner hung on the wall behind him which promptly unfurled displaying its crest: A large, broken, silver crown bound by a solid black ring.

“The Last Court!” he proclaimed loud and clear.

“The Last Court!” returned the assembled Highborne.

About The Last Court

What started as a community meeting for Highborne roleplayers has naturally evolved into this guild: The Last Court. We’re Highborne lead and focused, but not exclusively so. We take onboard Kaldorei looking to learn the arcane arts, veterans of the Resistance, Rooksguard and Moonguard, those with ties to the nobility of the old empire and their sons and daughters.

The Imperatives of The Last Court

“For the ages to come” is the motto of The Last Court and this shapes the Three Imperatives of The Last Court

• To serve, defend and enrich the Kaldorei nation and honour its commitments and alliances
  • To safeguard against the legacy of Azshara and the repercussions of the sundering in whatever evil form it may take
  • To enshrine, preserve and continue the long and proud arcane tradition of the Highborne through tuition, instruction, research and archiving.

Ranks and Structure of The Last Court

The Last Court is lead by a Lord-Chancellor and their council, and made of two Chancelleries.

Leadership of The Court - Tier 1

• Lord-Chancellor - Leader of The Last Court

• Vice-Chancellor - Leader of one of the Chancellories and advisor to the Lord-Chancellor

The Chancellories - Tier 2

The Chancellery of Lore

This Chancellery is dedicated to the instruction, tuition, research, preservation and expansion of the Highborne’s knowledge. Home to students, instructors, professors, researchers, explorers and archaeologists alike.

Highborne looking to further their studies, Kaldorei looking to learn the arcane arts and other Kaldorei academics will find their home in these halls of learning.

Ranks:

• Vice-Chancellor of Lore
  • Instructor
  • Academic
  • Apprentice

The Chancellery of War

This Chancellery is dedicated to the defence of the Court, the Kaldorei and their allies. Both might and magic are their weapons and those as gifted with spells and wands as swords and shields will find their home here.

New units of the Nightwatchers and Moonguard operate as part of the forces of the court, accepting former Moonguard, or battle-mages aspiring to join the reformed order within the Court, veterans of the resistance, Rooksguard, Highborne and Kaldorei soldiers.

Ranks:

• Vice-Chancellor of War
  • Captain
  • Nightwatcher/ Moonguard
  • Apprentice

How to Join?

To join The Last Court you should contact Meletis ingame, either via /w or writing a letter to discuss your interest, answer any questions you might have and outline details for meeting IC. You can also come along to a session of Court and details of these can be found by being part of The Last Court Community: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/nNJWVBtend?region=EU&faction=Alliance

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Are you Highborne only?
A: Although we are Highborne lead, and focused, we take other Kaldorei into our ranks depending on their circumstances and contributions. For example: a kaldorei looking to learn magic, or one who is an archeologist, someone with a noble family history but is not Highborne, veterans of the War of the Ancients or a common soldier who wants to help the court realise its goals could all come forward to join and be considered by the court.

Q: Do the different Chancelleries of the guild work separately?
A: Not at all, the court always moves as a single entity. We move between Kalimdor, Nar’thalas (our defacto headquarters) and the Eastern Kingdoms as a group. Some missions might be more lore focused, others might be more war focused. Either way there will always be something to do,

Q: If I join the Chancellery of Lore does that mean I can’t do RP-PVP?
A: Not at all. Each member can “Major” one Chancellery and “Minor” in the other if they wish.

Q: Uniforms?
A: The Chancellery of War will have a uniform/ dress code for the Nightwatchers and Moonguard of The Last Court.

Q: Nightwatchers? Moonguard?
A: Embodiments of their respective orders from ages past. Moonguard will be battle-magi, Nightwatchers will be all other fighters.

Q: The community “The Last Court”, is this still going?
A: Yes, as a guild we will continue to host public events for all Highborne to join and get together for. These best kept up-to-date with via the community channel: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/nNJWVBtend?region=EU&faction=Alliance

Q: I’m a Highborne RPer, but I am already in a guild. Can I still join some events?
A: Yes, you can be part of another guild and still be a “Courtier” of The Last Court. You’ll be invited to our discord to keep up-to-date with events.

11 Likes

I like the idea of having these Chancellories that will have a different feel to them. I can’t wait for more rp with these in the future.

So far I’m enjoying the rp in the guild. Overall very friendly and open guild OOC, proffesional and interesting IC.

3 Likes
  • Posting on behalf of Wispia who is a guild member

My time with the Court has been a pleasant one, so far coming to meet several faces in a sparse and wide spread community, yet still holding many shared interests. I would recommend the Court to anyone who is looking for the particular niche that we offer, as well as to bring a unified Highborne spirit back to the community as a whole.

3 Likes

Whilst no longer. I’ve RP’ed in the Highborne community since Cata. - It is always delightful to see more darling concepts alike this come up. - I truly wish the best of luck for you and your guild.

Elune-adore! <3

4 Likes

This guild seems super cool – so satisfying to finally see a highborne guild that lives up to the way highborne within kaldorei society are depicted and displayed. Excited to see more from you guys. I hope you kick off well.

3 Likes

A very cool concept indeed that taps into the more progressive attitude of modern time Highborne. I’ve added you to the Night Elf RP thread, and I wish you good luck with the guild! Let me know if you happen to create an Argent Archives page later/already have one (I could not find it, if it exists!), so I can add that too.

6 Likes

Can only echo what the others above me said. Very nice to see a guild pop up that nicely embodies the pillar of arcane in the night elf community and depicts it accurately. Soon it’ll all be complete :weary:

Also, I’d perhaps reconsider having your headquarters in Aszuna. I think it would enrich the night elf scene incredibly if we had you guys at Estulan’s Tower in Feralas near an active hub!

2 Likes

The tower doesn’t have the facilities, or space, the court needs for its Lore department, the library at Nar’thalas and the Academy do. By defacto base we mean it to be where formal sessions of court are held, and off-peak RP between missions take place. Otherwise we’ll be between Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is certainly a good point. In any case, good luck and I hope to see you around.

2 Likes

We’ll be on a fact finding mission to Feralas in the days ahead, so keep an eye out. Thanks for the support!

1 Like

This tempts me to dust off my Highborne dolls sitting bored in the login screen. Wishing the guild best of luck!

3 Likes

My great ancestor was a Highborne cough, can I join?

Should you wish for any of them to spend sometime with the Court and getting to know our number then drop me a message and I can give you our disord or arrange some to time.

2 Likes

Looks like a really cool concept, good luck!

And rp pvp you say? :smirk:

We Blood Elves will put our Highborne ‘cousins’ in their place!

With this, Azsuna can truly inspire a Nightborne/Highborne conflict - perhaps reach out to the Duskwatch Outriders and see if anything can be arranged. Through RP, we could truly sell an epic thing where we see the traditional Highborne (yourselves) and the Nightborne and how change over years has happened and how outlooks have truly changed.

The Moonlight Melody also base themselves in Suramar, but we’re neutral.

Best of look with the concept. I truly hope it’s a success.

4 Likes

You mean at the top of food chain, right?

And I will probably switch guild tag at some point.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the really positive feedback so far! We’re looking forward to getting stuck in with the community and providing a platform for Highborne rpers.

The project still lives on! We are currently hanging around Hyjal and adjacent zones. If anybody feels like their RP could use a little extra magic, Highborn are happy to provide.

For our own benefit obviously as we further our own goal of bringing the Empire back from the dead.

1 Like

I hope you don’t mind my asking, but who’s the GM of the Last Court/who do we report to, of sorts, if we wish to join?

I thought it was Meletis, but he doesn’t appear to be apart of the Guild anymore?

2 Likes

Right now it is Wispia/Lylath Izsthine who is our GM as Meletis had to step down due to reasons of his own. I can also invite as Guild Officer.

2 Likes